Cute and Handsome

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
^^ your answer is diplomatic and you have passed no wisdom to me <sorry :frown1:>. So I asked this question to forum people, you are one of them so what is the difference between the two and which one you prefer ?

I can see why some people think JB is cute, I can see why some people think HC Jr is handsome. I find neither attractive. I have no preference between those two. I don't suppose that helps but it is my personal answer to your question.

Different people have different criteria for cute and handsome. Different people prefer one over the other.

I repeat, though I'm not sure you'll understand it the 2nd time either, there is no right answer.

B_gundyone

1st Like
Media
Boys are cute, so are puppies. Men are handsome. You tell me which one you would rather be? Handsome means more than cute. One person on here has already said that to you. It's like calling a woman cute (which most of us don't like) or calling her pretty.
Handsome is more of a compliment so most likely you would rather be handsome. I don't understand why you cannot seem to grasp this unless you are really young. And if so then you are probably cute

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ManlyBanisters has given you the best answer. While Gundyone might mean just one thing when she uses the word cute, it's not the same for me. I use the word cute the way that most people use the word damn. The meaning behind it depends on context and intonation. "He's cy-ooooOOOT" doesn't mean the same thing as "He's CUTE!" even though they're the same words. I might be talking about someone very young, the human equivalent of a puppy, ie The Bieb, but I also might be talking about someone I think is "hot" and extremely attractive of any age. When I use the word "handsome" it's got a narrower definition for me. I would use it to describe someone who has either Ken-doll features or someone who is refined, which is more usual with someone older, but not necessarily. For example, Matt Bomer on the TV show White Collar I might call handsome or cute or hot, because I think he's all three.

2_fister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Handsome, I use to describe a MAN that I find attractive, especially facial looks. Most of the time it's an older guy.

Cute, is awwwwww he's cute, could be friend material. *visions of puppies and kittens* He's probably also a young guy.

Hawt, means OMG would you look at that, which probably means he's just a mirage and I should really have some water. I've only ever seen two men IRL that I would say are truely hawt.

Unfortunately, what one person finds attractive others might not. Words are just words, don't stress.

Wow...now I feel sorry for you, having only see 2 men in real life that you consider "hawt".

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Think of it this way:
Justin Beiber is cute
Harry Conick, Jr. is handsome
**** off :L

I get called cute a lot, but I think it is because I still have quite a young looking face. This is another reason why I want to look older.

When someone calls me cute = aaaw he's adorable, I want to cuddle him.
If somebody calls me hot = Oooh I wouldn't mind.
If somebody calls me handsome = it is usually said with a little more reservation in their voice, like they are thinking they actually want to get to know me better.

So I hate being called cute, if I am called hot it depends on who is saying and if I am called handsome, then you may get my attention.

I find cute is often a little sarcastic.

SouthernComfirt

Just Browsing
Media
ManlyBanisters has given you the best answer. While Gundyone might mean just one thing when she uses the word cute, it's not the same for me. I use the word cute the way that most people use the word damn. The meaning behind it depends on context and intonation. "He's cy-ooooOOOT" doesn't mean the same thing as "He's CUTE!" even though they're the same words. I might be talking about someone very young, the human equivalent of a puppy, ie The Bieb, but I also might be talking about someone I think is "hot" and extremely attractive of any age. When I use the word "handsome" it's got a narrower definition for me. I would use it to describe someone who has either Ken-doll features or someone who is refined, which is more usual with someone older, but not necessarily. For example, Matt Bomer on the TV show White Collar I might call handsome or cute or hot, because I think he's all three.
Your answer makes more sense to me. I understand that beauty is in beholder's eyes, but I believe you have to understand my question to answer it and I am just looking for different d definitions and preferences. Thanks :smile:

SouthernComfirt

Just Browsing
Media
**** off :L

I get called cute a lot, but I think it is because I still have quite a young looking face. This is another reason why I want to look older.

When someone calls me cute = aaaw he's adorable, I want to cuddle him.
If somebody calls me hot = Oooh I wouldn't mind.
If somebody calls me handsome = it is usually said with a little more reservation in their voice, like they are thinking they actually want to get to know me better.

So I hate being called cute, if I am called hot it depends on who is saying and if I am called handsome, then you may get my attention.

I find cute is often a little sarcastic.

You brought a very interesting point, I do see how cute can be used sarcastically.

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You brought a very interesting point, I do see how cute can be used sarcastically.
Or patronising... it is usually one or the other I find. Unless the girl genuinely does like 'cute' looking guys.

Some women actually substitute handsome for cute as well. So I guess we will never know.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
hahaha.... I just want to know when you call some body handsome or cute what do you mean by that and which one do you prefer. I do not like to put my picture on the web.

I get them both and I'm flattered by either. I thought you were asking which one you were in which case your question can never be truly answered except theoretically and, per usual, Hickboy has given the best default response.

Fuck you, you fucking fuck.