Cycle

SamanthaZzz

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A great and true LPSG question! There are a lot of myths and errors which can make it very uncomfortable indeed. To answer your question: Nope, it doesn't hurt for me. Not even on a 100 mile ride. Okay, I'm XL-big and not XXL-big, but I take the liberty anyway to share some experience that can be useful for guys of all sizes.

Fist of all good fitting cycling gear takes away all the chaffing and keeps things snuggly and comfortably in place without squeezing. The padding in the cycling gear also adds to the comfort, with the right size it's supposed to hug you very gently between your legs without any chaffing. Bibs are preferred because they ensure that the gear doesn't move. They lift things slightly up and keep them in place without feeling squashed. In case you don't like to expose your bulge, they also exist as loose shorts with the lycra and padding bits built in, or as undies. But that way you loose some of the advantages, especially if performance is your objective. I point my junk up and it's never in the way that way. Quite a few cyclists do that actually. Note: all this will NOT work if you wear normal lycra or compression shorts. It has to be dedicated cycling gear.

And then I use a custom fit saddle with an opening in the center which takes away the pressure between the legs.

And then, the right position on your bike is super important too. Lots of problems occur from a saddle that's too low, or moved to far forward. Even an inch can make a big difference.

And then, of course, being fit and well trained makes will make things a lot easier too.

Indeed, wearing the right cycling shorts/tights helps a lot, they are supposed to lift the balls and separate them a bit, without feeling squashed. Also, sore balls may be one of the signs that the saddle isn't the right shape and size, and the seating position is wrong, such as too narrow seat area which distributes too much weight to the front, or a saddle positioned too low or too far forward.

Proper saddle fitting is super important when you like to ride a lot. There are all sorts of saddles for different anatomies. This can for example be taken care of by using a saddle with an opening in the center, and the right size in the seating area. Example, you can Google Selle SMP, for which I use a custom fit one. But there are also cheaper brands with make fine saddles with good anatomical features.

Very detailed answer :)

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
That’s a good point. When doing physical activities such as sports (I grew up playing baseball, basketball, and soccer) or working out, my Willy (that’s what they call it in the UK, right? :innocent:;)) tends to shrink. I’m not sure that happens to everyone, but it does to me. I’ve never had any problems riding a bike or any other physical activity.
about the same here.....and the more vigorous the workout the less hang.....like lifting weights....i have even looped a boner....but basketball soccer boxing...hard cardio....dick definitely deflates

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
i
lol interesting tool
it's kinda how dicks operate....actually most things in body....blood shunts away from some organ....goes to others depending on the environment

erections are governed by parasypathetic drive.....thats why it's easier to get a boner when relaxed

sympathetic drive...fight or flight....inhabits erection....but increases blood flow to muscles......

in army basic training ....some guys swear the army puts salt peter in the food so they don't get erections.....alot of guys don't get boners at all at basic......so they figure it must be the food

however its just the high high stress environment

i went to military school ...so basic was kinda old hat....so i had a boner and a masterbation session just about everyday

gma26_4521

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you understand, its the perineum area that gets sore. The bike seat rests there, not on your genitals. And with the right shorts and seat, consistent riding, there is no soreness at all. And all the junk still works and is undamaged.

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it uncomfortable tbh, I'm long when flaccid and in normal underwear have my penis curled back underneath but can't do that in bike shorts and sit on a saddle. Accompanied with a large set of low hangers make things awkward tbh, I've tried with my penis down one leg and my balls brought forward but find it irritating, the most comfortable for me is to pull my penis up and around to the side with my balls brought forward. At the end of the day though it's not a pleasurable experience and the visible bulging of my balls and penis is pretty damn obscene to say the least, don't get me wrong, I aren't shy and enjoy attention but bike shorts plus big balls and a long and thick softie is quite offensive for some people. Thankfully I'm not that interested in cycling, apart from going out on the odd ride with my children I don't ever bother, give me a big motorcycle with a nice fat leather seat any day!

Reactions: jason.1jk

boatnik

Worshipped Member
Media
Riding a bicycle with a traditional seat was always very uncomfortable and I would actually experience numbness and chafing until I discovered a special seat that has a split down the middle so that no pressure is put on the perineum and instead all your weight is supported by your ass cheeks and hip joints. It took some getting used to since it's completely different from a traditional seat, but now that I've used it regularly for years there is no way I could go back.

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have not been on a bike in many years. Balls are in the way. Same problem with sports motorbikes too, balls get too squashed. Very uncomfortable.

I was going to respond to riding motorcycles as well. On a sportbike where I'm right up against the gas tank, if my dick gets folded back on itself beneath my jeans, it can be hugely uncomfortable. And there's no way to rearrange yourself so that your dick is hanging straight down one leg or across one's hip whilst parked on a city street without drawing some looks--the price to pay, I guess, for the pleasure of riding something ridiculously fast.

Reactions: muscle_wagon

24scouser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
to be honest, i find with most exercise but especially cycling my cock is okay and doesn't seem to have much effect in terms of any pain. obviously blood pumping around the body means it takes a few mins when you get back and get those very very tight shorts off for the blood to pump to the nether regions again and my cock returns to it's normal flaccid state. i always though get a pain in the back of my balls and it's probably to do with sitting down so i try and stay out of my seat a lot if i'm doing any kind of distance ! it's all good though and a great topic for discussion. thx x

MrTrunk

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I mtb and yeah size can be a pain. I forget about it mostly but then I'll get up out of the seat and then sit back down and bang my cock or balls....then it's like argggh shit! In turns of pain it's more of a bum pain...though it can be banged about a bit if I don't wear tight boxers.

Reactions: Rockhard76

larsmi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
As others have said, an "anatomical" bike seat with a cutout or depression that takes the pressure of your perineum is key to long rides. That said, I tend to shrink up a fair amount when riding and doing intense activity, so size isn't an issue.

The biggest problem for me is casual errand running on my bike in the summer. Many times I've hopped on and accidentally sat on one of my balls. Damn that hurts. Fall is here in Michigan now so my riding season is coming to an end in just a short while :(

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
when I first start riding, it takes a few "trys" to get comfortable. I stand up, and sit back down. sometimes, several times until I get the "boys" situated. big cock w/big balls can be a problem at times. years ago, a buddy's gf drove up along side of me, and told me I was hanging out of my shorts. "I've been following you for 4 blocks. very nice." lol I rode in loose, gym shorts, nothing else back then. now I wear casual shorts with the "cool" type mid-length brief so I don't hang out. I find that my junk pretty much sits on the seat "horn", and now, if I stop to speak to a female neighbor, or friend, I've noticed eyes darting to my crotch. it's like my junk is sitting on a pedestal.

I've have found that fitting the whole bike to you, is very important to determining exactly how your seat is gonna feel on your junk and you ass. I found that having the seat adjusted so it slightly tilts back is best for me. and when I say "slightly" I mean just so it's just barely leaning back. get your ass bones sitting on the back pad, and you should feel little to pressure on your junk. I have a cut out seat, btw. if the seat is tilted forward, you have to keep pushing yourself back up the seat while you ride , and that's when I'm uncomfortable.

larsmi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I meant to also add that, contrary to what many people think, many people (including myself) find that firm seat is more comfortable for long rides than a gel/padded seat but it takes getting used to.