Cycling, keeping your boys out of the way

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by ChrisCA, May 29, 2010.

1. ChrisCA

ChrisCA Member

Albums:
    Hey Guys,

Any of you cyclists out there?
    Well endowed?

I went cycling today on my new bike and my cock and balls were very uncomfortable. I'd like for them to be up and out of the way, not squeeze in tight and not down by the seat.

I wore a jock strap under the padded bike shorts and still had alot of discomfort.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Chris

2. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    well i was cycling a lot for a while, now i am ot as much, doing other sports but i still do it but more mountain and city bikes. On the race cycle i was just sitting pretty far in front, so i hardly was using the saddle, kind of liek you see it from the good racers in a individual time trial.
    That had several effects, one it was more comfortable for my genitals, two it allowed me to get into an even more aerodynamic position, and was getting my legs more over the center of the petals, giving me a better angle to transmit my power.
    It can hurt after a while in the tailbone area, because that is where i was sitting on, and it is pretty challenging for the back.

3. MisterVIP

MisterVIP Well-Known Member

Albums:
    You can get a seat that has a groove cut out in the center and that takes a lot of pressure off the perineum. They also sell gel seat covers for more cushion. Don't think there's much that can get you to keep your stuff up and out of the way since it'll probably just move back down with motion.

4. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Those seats did never do anything for me, the groove to me always seemed more dangerous to get something get caught in than actually comforting.
    Gel doesn't do much either. From my experience which obviously does not necessarily works for other too it is best to just sit that far to the front of the seat that your balls hang down to the front.

5. D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin

D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin Account Disabled

Dude - I hear you. I have the same trouble here, and on top of that get comments that I need to cover up (from friends and my girl) as I'm bulging out too much...

6. FRE

FRE
    Gold Member

Albums:
    You could experiment with different seats. It may be that a bike shop in your area will let you try out seats for no charge. Also, many seats can be adjusted slope wise.

I have a seat problem too, but not the same one you are having. It becomes painful after riding for long distances.

7. the_new_godiva

There's a seat designed especially to only contact your seat bones. It's been around for a decade now, methinks? Spongy Wonder Bicycle Seats / Anatomically Correct Bike Seat

The ones with the slit cut in them are garbage. The padding just wears down 10x faster where it shouldn't.

Changing seat angle is dangerous, because you could alter the angle of your hips and put stress on your spine.

#7 the_new_godiva, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  8. bulgeguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have a large sack and I do a lot of bike riding... will do 100-mile rides. Getting a new seat may help, but there are some much simpler things to try first.

1) Don't ride in a jock! Terrible idea. Get a pair of spandex bike shorts. You don't wear anything underneath them. They have some built-in padding for comfort and the tightness of the spandex will help hold things in place.

2) Get some Chamoi's Butt'r cream, or similar product.

Amazon.com: Chamois Butt'r 8-Ounce Skin Lubricant: Sports & Outdoors

It's an anti-chafing cream that you can apply to the shorts and directly on your skin. No matter what you do, your penis and testicles are going to move around a bit and this cream will make that motion friction-free.

9. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jocks are bad for cycling. You just wear the lycras. Try it without jock to see if it feels better.

If you exercise hard, you will find your penis will shrink because the blood is needed elsewhere.

10. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Good advice. I'll reach in my bib shorts and lift my balls up periodically. No big deal.

I have this seat on both of my bikes and love it. Works well for me.
    Bontrager: Sport Series (Model #06375)

11. GogMegog

GogMegog New Member

Albums:
    A suitable seat can solve this problem. Technically it happen due to the body weight pressure on the penis and testis. So if the body weight is carried by our own seat/buttocks, then these vital organs would be relieved and will be Ok.

If you cant find a good seat, get up from the bicycle seat at intervals, so it will avoid bad effects on penis and genitals.

12. grnman

grnman Active Member

Albums:
    Hi Chris,

I cycle a lot; both for commuting and touring. I wear fitted boxers (see below) under my cycling shorts and position my cock to one side. I don't like jocks as i don't find them comfortable. Jocks and alike cram everything in one place, but snug boxers let me spread out, but still provide support so that my cock and balls are not hanging down.

QUOTE=ChrisCA;2790006]Hey Guys,

Any of you cyclists out there?
    Well endowed?

I went cycling today on my new bike and my cock and balls were very uncomfortable. I'd like for them to be up and out of the way, not squeeze in tight and not down by the seat.

I wore a jock strap under the padded bike shorts and still had alot of discomfort.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Chris[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

13. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    The issue with cycling-induced erectyle dysfunction (impotence) started on the Internet in the early 2000's, when a urologist in the US noticed a connection between ED and bicycle riding with some of his patients, and he found fellow urologists found the same connection. At the time it was howled down by the bicycle lobby, but recently there have been two studies on this: one by Harvard Medical School and one by an Italian Medical School.

The conclusion is that there are two types of male bicycle riders: those who are impotent and those who are heading towards impotence. The effect of all known bicycle seats designed to stop this from happening was be the inverse, which means that all studied ergonomically padded seats were actually worse than the standard saddle.

So if you want to be able to have sex into your middle-years and beyond, then don't ride bicycles.

14. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Fortunately, it doesn't work that way for everyone. I'm 59, have been riding since I was 6, and still get hard and get off no problem.

15. joeweekend

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've found that jockeys with some spandex in 'em work well to keep my low-hangers comfortable. If I wear my usual boxers, my balls wind up wedged in on one side or the other of the seat and that gets distinctly uncomfortable.

I can't imagine a jock would do much good one way or the other.

16. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

I ride only at gym - was a problem until I got a very simple jock - BETS - now - all sits well!!!!

17. lgtrmusr

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have cycled thousands of miles. Bulgeguy has it right. Let things hang loose inside lycra style bike shorts with good padding. Your package will move out of the way as needed. A jock or tight briefs will hold things in one place, and that may sometimes be the wrong place as you move around, changing postion on the bike. Loose is safer.

If you don't like the lycra look, wear board shorts over the lycra bike shorts. Or they also sell baggy bike shorts that have an invisible elastic liner. The padding is important.

Finally, my best skin lubricant and protectant turned out to be Desitin -- a cream used on kids for diaper rash. Works very well, cheap, readily available.

Good luck! :smile:

18. TroMag

TroMag New Member

Albums:
    Lots of advice in this thread, some good, some bad, IMHO. This is some of the good:
    With bike shorts or bibs, pull your balls and dick up before sitting on the saddle. This gets, and keeps, your balls out of the way.

Saddles make a difference. I found the best saddles to relieve pressure on the perineum are really hard saddles with a cutout. These saddles are a pain in the ass (in the sitbones, specifically), and take some time to get used to, but do a good job of keeping the pressure on the sitbones, which are designed for this function, and off the soft tissues, which are not.

Unlike bulgeguy, I only apply chamois cream to my sitbones, but then again my flaccid isn't big and I don't have a chafing problem there.

19. fit4cock

fit4cock New Member

Albums:
    I usually wear a leather cock strap under my lycra bike shorts... keeps everything out of the way and makes an awesome bulge haha

20. Stanmeister

Stanmeister Member

say more. does this keep your penis up and pointing up. I ride a lot, and I find that my penis is constantly slipping down. It drives me crazy. What kind of strap are you speaking of? A penis ring?

Draft saved Draft deleted