Cycling, keeping your boys out of the way

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well i was cycling a lot for a while, now i am ot as much, doing other sports but i still do it but more mountain and city bikes. On the race cycle i was just sitting pretty far in front, so i hardly was using the saddle, kind of liek you see it from the good racers in a individual time trial.
That had several effects, one it was more comfortable for my genitals, two it allowed me to get into an even more aerodynamic position, and was getting my legs more over the center of the petals, giving me a better angle to transmit my power.
It can hurt after a while in the tailbone area, because that is where i was sitting on, and it is pretty challenging for the back.
Cool, thanks for the cycling tips. Seems like position on the bike will help.
Thanks!

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You can get a seat that has a groove cut out in the center and that takes a lot of pressure off the perineum. They also sell gel seat covers for more cushion. Don't think there's much that can get you to keep your stuff up and out of the way since it'll probably just move back down with motion.
Thanks Mister VIP
I'm getting a new seat for my road bike! Totally!
Something with some flex.

I also just sprang for new cycling pants with gel padding.
Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Dude - I hear you. I have the same trouble here, and on top of that get comments that I need to cover up (from friends and my girl) as I'm bulging out too much...
yeah, J, I dont want to be all "Ta-Da!!!! Look at my sausage!"
But I don't want my balls or dick getting worked over while riding!

I was thinking the only way to get them both out of the way was a thick cockring, and tight padded cycling pants, then put shorts on over it.

Or maybe a jockstrap with a soft-cup, then padded cycle pants, shorts over top.

Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There's a seat designed especially to only contact your seat bones. It's been around for a decade now, methinks? Spongy Wonder Bicycle Seats / Anatomically Correct Bike Seat

The ones with the slit cut in them are garbage. The padding just wears down 10x faster where it shouldn't.

Changing seat angle is dangerous, because you could alter the angle of your hips and put stress on your spine.
Thanks lady godiva.... I checked out the the spongy wonder seat.
Looks interesting. Just for the butt bones, nothing under the perinium.
Could work well for me.

I'll take the advice not to misalign the seat and affect the spine.
Thanks!

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have a large sack and I do a lot of bike riding... will do 100-mile rides. Getting a new seat may help, but there are some much simpler things to try first.

1) Don't ride in a jock! Terrible idea. Get a pair of spandex bike shorts. You don't wear anything underneath them. They have some built-in padding for comfort and the tightness of the spandex will help hold things in place.

2) Get some Chamoi's Butt'r cream, or similar product.

Amazon.com: Chamois Butt'r 8-Ounce Skin Lubricant: Sports & Outdoors

It's an anti-chafing cream that you can apply to the shorts and directly on your skin. No matter what you do, your penis and testicles are going to move around a bit and this cream will make that motion friction-free.
BulgeGuy

thanks for the advice, felllow californian...
So no jock under the skins.

Thanks!

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Good advice. I'll reach in my bib shorts and lift my balls up periodically. No big deal.

I have this seat on both of my bikes and love it. Works well for me.
Bontrager: Sport Series (Model #06375)
Hey SDBG
I think the bontrager is what I'm getting outfitted on my roadbike (i'd need to double check).

Thanks for the great advice.
I'll have to log a few more miles before I can strut around in a lycra bib shorts. ;-)

Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi Chris,

I cycle a lot; both for commuting and touring. I wear fitted boxers (see below) under my cycling shorts and position my cock to one side. I don't like jocks as i don't find them comfortable. Jocks and alike cram everything in one place, but snug boxers let me spread out, but still provide support so that my cock and balls are not hanging down.

QUOTE=ChrisCA;2790006]Hey Guys,

Any of you cyclists out there?
Well endowed?

I went cycling today on my new bike and my cock and balls were very uncomfortable. I'd like for them to be up and out of the way, not squeeze in tight and not down by the seat.

I wore a jock strap under the padded bike shorts and still had alot of discomfort.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Chris
[/QUOTE]
grnman,
Thanks for the advice on the fitted boxer.
Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A suitable seat can solve this problem. Technically it happen due to the body weight pressure on the penis and testis. So if the body weight is carried by our own seat/buttocks, then these vital organs would be relieved and will be Ok.

If you cant find a good seat, get up from the bicycle seat at intervals, so it will avoid bad effects on penis and genitals.
GogMegog,

Yes, I found myself getting up from the saddle near mile 20.
It helped.

Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The issue with cycling-induced erectyle dysfunction (impotence) started on the Internet in the early 2000's, when a urologist in the US noticed a connection between ED and bicycle riding with some of his patients, and he found fellow urologists found the same connection. At the time it was howled down by the bicycle lobby, but recently there have been two studies on this: one by Harvard Medical School and one by an Italian Medical School.

The conclusion is that there are two types of male bicycle riders: those who are impotent and those who are heading towards impotence. The effect of all known bicycle seats designed to stop this from happening was be the inverse, which means that all studied ergonomically padded seats were actually worse than the standard saddle.

So if you want to be able to have sex into your middle-years and beyond, then don't ride bicycles.
Holy Crap, this is BAD news!!!

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've found that jockeys with some spandex in 'em work well to keep my low-hangers comfortable. If I wear my usual boxers, my balls wind up wedged in on one side or the other of the seat and that gets distinctly uncomfortable.

I can't imagine a jock would do much good one way or the other.
Hey Joeweekend,

That was exactly the problem, they boys were getting down one side, slapping the side of my leg or the saddle. Then they'd get torqued over down the other leg. Friggin miserable!

Seems like boxer briefs or fully going with Lycra skins is the most common advice. I got a pair of the padded cycling skins.

And advice about jock seems to be wont help much.

Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I ride only at gym - was a problem until I got a very simple jock - BETS - now - all sits well!!!!
Hey uncutOakland

Thanks for the comment.
What is the BETS jockstrap? is it a special brand?

I searched online and only thing I found was a facebook group that BETS a jockstrap could get more fans than miley cyrus. ahahahaha.

Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have cycled thousands of miles. Bulgeguy has it right. Let things hang loose inside lycra style bike shorts with good padding. Your package will move out of the way as needed. A jock or tight briefs will hold things in one place, and that may sometimes be the wrong place as you move around, changing postion on the bike. Loose is safer.

If you don't like the lycra look, wear board shorts over the lycra bike shorts. Or they also sell baggy bike shorts that have an invisible elastic liner. The padding is important.

Finally, my best skin lubricant and protectant turned out to be Desitin -- a cream used on kids for diaper rash. Works very well, cheap, readily available.

Good luck! :smile:
Thanks lgtrmuser....

I'll go no jock.
Ill try the chaois butter or the desitn.

Chris

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Lots of advice in this thread, some good, some bad, IMHO. This is some of the good:

With bike shorts or bibs, pull your balls and dick up before sitting on the saddle. This gets, and keeps, your balls out of the way.

Saddles make a difference. I found the best saddles to relieve pressure on the perineum are really hard saddles with a cutout. These saddles are a pain in the ass (in the sitbones, specifically), and take some time to get used to, but do a good job of keeping the pressure on the sitbones, which are designed for this function, and off the soft tissues, which are not.

Unlike bulgeguy, I only apply chamois cream to my sitbones, but then again my flaccid isn't big and I don't have a chafing problem there.
Thanks TroMag, good advice.

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
GogMegog,

Yes, I found myself getting up from the saddle near mile 20.
It helped.

Chris
You want to get out of the saddle every 5 to 10min. Changes muscle emphasis, plus you'll get a breeze to help cool things off down there.

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey Guys,

Any of you cyclists out there?
Well endowed?

I went cycling today on my new bike and my cock and balls were very uncomfortable. I'd like for them to be up and out of the way, not squeeze in tight and not down by the seat.

I wore a jock strap under the padded bike shorts and still had alot of discomfort.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Chris

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the notes back, posted and one-on-one, with great advice.
I've tried the jockstrap. Jock with a cup. But here's what's really worked.

I've got a new gel seat. And i got new jell skins.
And I have silicone ring the hoists my boys up and out of the way.
(Oxballs snug silicone ring)

Today on a 50 miler, all three were in play, and worked great!

Thanks!
Chris

size15shox

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I recently put this one on my bicycle, the Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow Team Edition:

selle-italia-slr-team.jpg

I only have about 250 miles on it. It seems to take pressure off the sensitive bits, but it sure does make my sit bones sore. I got used to the stock saddle pretty quickly, but this one is going to take more time. I suppose it's all worth it in the end, so to speak.

ChrisCA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay