Cycling Seat

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by skippy_1314, Oct 11, 2011.

1. skippy_1314

skippy_1314 Member

To the cyclists out there. Has anyone tried any of the Selle bike seats with the drop nose? They are not specifically designed for big balls, but I figure the drop nose has got to help. Any comments are appreciated as I am really in need of a new seat.

2. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

Haven't been on the new Selle sadles but Selle has made sadles for years and are a standard of the industry. Your choice would probably work well. If you are new to riding please get yourself profesionally fitted to your bike. Bike fit, including the proper saddle, is paramount. And of course, proper cycling tights. Good luck.

3. london_bi

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I have one - it's good. Recommend it. Tight underwear, too!

4. Rooster89

Rooster89 New Member

Albums:
    One of the worst feelings in the world is inadvertently sitting on your nuts while biking. Ive never thought about buying a specifically designed seat, but always make a point to position my package well out of the way of any potential harm in my shorts.

5. D_GlennFeckless

D_GlennFeckless Account Disabled

I ride a Sella Flite Ti for mountain and it beats the hell out of me on long technical rides. Good shorts and briefs keep the nuts out of the way, but the pounding on my urethra makes peeing burn for a few hours after.

I'm thinking of going with a split saddle, like the ISM Adamo, or something else with a channel, but most of them are cushy monsters, from a weight perspective.

6. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    male saddles don't differ all that much from each other (from a road bike point of view.). However, how you install them (angle and position along the track) makes a world of difference.

Someone mentioned tight underwear: underwear is not recommended for real cycling. Ok to ride 10 minute to the shopping mall, but not for real cycling.

7. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

If you wear underwear under bike shorts you will find every seam, fold and stitch grinding into your paranium and buttocks. Very painful!

8. skippy_1314

skippy_1314 Member

thanks for all the input guys. I am definatley not new to cycling and I have been professionally fitted to a bike. I enjoy road and mountian but my passion is mountain and that is where I am looking for a new saddle. As you know with off road you are all over the saddle and I have many times racked my balls on the nose of the seat....that is where I am wondering if the Selle with a drop nose would help.

And to those that suggested underwear. DO NOT DO IT. like everyone else has said, it will be very painful

9. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

Since we have a number od cyclist on LPSG, don't you think we need a "Cycling" forum?

10. D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin

D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin Account Disabled

I think we should too - something both pertinent and practical :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted