Cycling Shorts

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any cycle? I am riding and thinking of some charity races this summer.
I am having a tuff time finding good padded ROOMY POUCH bike shorts.
Anyone have any suggestions on a good pair for the $?
I was told to wear red, light blue, or white for visibility. Most I have seen online come mostly in black. I know light colors show off your body more and I don't mind that at all.

Any advice on shorts, gear & training would be great!

Jake

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
I was lamenting this same issue in a thread last week. I can find pouched shorts but nothing padded for cycling. It was suggested that I look around for some padded triathlon shorts that don't have a center seam in front. I think Speedo makes some.

D_Galaley Gigglestick

Just Browsing
Media
Bike shorts don't come with a 'roomy pouch'. They're made out of spandex; if you're huge they'll stretch. Cyclists generally don't give a lot of thought to which shorts make their cock look the biggest, and since you're bent over the entire time it's a moot point anyway. Colors other than black are usually only found on team kit. Bibs are far more comfortable than non-bibs.

As for brands I generally prefer Castelli. With cycling gear you get what you pay for by and large. Cheap stuff from performance will feel great for the first time you wear it; expensive stuff will still feel great two years later.

I was lamenting this same issue in a thread last week. I can find pouched shorts but nothing padded for cycling. It was suggested that I look around for some padded triathlon shorts that don't have a center seam in front. I think Speedo makes some.
Tri shorts, are uh, pretty short. Unless you have very nice legs they're going to look less than flattering. Also none of the triathletes I know wear that stuff outside of a race. You might get questions about whether you race tri, so have an explanation ready other than "my huge cock was uncomfortable in regular shorts" handy.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Any cycle? I am riding and thinking of some charity races this summer.
I am having a tuff time finding good padded ROOMY POUCH bike shorts.
Anyone have any suggestions on a good pair for the $?
I was told to wear red, light blue, or white for visibility. Most I have seen online come mostly in black. I know light colors show off your body more and I don't mind that at all.

Any advice on shorts, gear & training would be great!

Jake

I also purchased some Castelli shorts when I purchased my mountain bike- they fit me like second skin because they have the most seams (they are made of the most number of pieces so they really fit well and are comfortable.)

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And this guy is suppose to be a coach.

Actually Monster I am a coach. My boys are strong and skilled. I am a busy man so my research in cycle gear is limited. That's why I turn to my friends here on the board. They help me out like friends do.

Thanks guys.

Anyone have a brand of bike they think is superior?

Jake

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
Bike shorts don't come with a 'roomy pouch'. They're made out of spandex; if you're huge they'll stretch. Cyclists generally don't give a lot of thought to which shorts make their cock look the biggest, and since you're bent over the entire time it's a moot point anyway.

I don't care what my cock looks like in the shorts, I just want something that has a little room in front so my junk isn't being squished into my body in uncomfortable ways. A curved seam or some kind of pouch helps guide the man bits to stay put in one place.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually Monster I am a coach. My boys are strong and skilled. I am a busy man so my research in cycle gear is limited. That's why I turn to my friends here on the board. They help me out like friends do.

Thanks guys.

Jake

Do your friends sample pics from each other, :eek:

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Anything that's just beyond my budget. :biggrin1:

Actually, I've got two Cannondales, a Bad Boy Disc for banging around town and a CAAD8 (last year's model with the 105 group) for going faster & farther. There are quite a lot of good bikes out there, too; when I chose the CAAD8, I could have also been happy with any of the other three bikes I rode (Specialized Allez, Bianchi Nirone, and an aluminum Cannondale Synapse).

Basically, once you get above a certain price or group level, nothing sucks.

As far as bike shorts go... hmm, stuff usually isn't made to be "roomy". But, some fabrics are lighter, and some are heavier -- and the heavier-grade stuff just won't stretch as much. I'm a grower more than a shower, so I don't have many problems no matter what I wear. I've momentarily considered those N2N shorts, but quickly realized that, because it's so low-cut, my ass would hang out once I'm crouched on the bike, even if I was wearing a proper cycling jersey with a drop-tail hem.

If there ARE some proper cycling shorts -- with a decent pad, high-cut rear, etc -- that have some extra room in front, I'd like to hear about them, too.

Hmm -- another N2N option would be a singlet, which would be like cycling bibs. No worries about them sliding down to show plumber's crack.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cycling shorts are very, very revealing so unless the dude is fit to begin with I think they should best be avoided. In sayin that though, your local sports shop should have a bicycle aka riding section and they should have a clerk there assigned specifically to meet your biking needs and thus uniform needs for the said sport. Rebel Sport here in Oz have great bike and bike fitness staff and they are only to happy to help you out in getting kitted up for the sport and are always ready to answer any questions, no matter how silly they seem to be asking.
Oh, and Monster mate, havent given me an answer yet on said question above LOL

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cycling shorts are very, very revealing so unless the dude is fit to begin with I think they should best be avoided.

Oh, that's just vanity talking. I really prefer wearing cycling shorts whenever possible. They're functional -- they don't bunch up, they don't get caught on the saddle as often (especially bibs, since they're always snug up into the crotch), they wick sweat, they don't chafe, etc.

When I go out just to ride, I wear cycling shorts. If I'm going somewhere else, like to a restaurant, I'll either bring some other shorts to cover up, or just wear cycling shorts or other spandex bottoms under my regular clothes.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, that's just vanity talking. I really prefer wearing cycling shorts whenever possible. They're functional -- they don't bunch up, they don't get caught on the saddle as often (especially bibs, since they're always snug up into the crotch), they wick sweat, they don't chafe, etc.

When I go out just to ride, I wear cycling shorts. If I'm going somewhere else, like to a restaurant, I'll either bring some other shorts to cover up, or just wear cycling shorts or other spandex bottoms under my regular clothes.

Sorry, I just reread that and it does indeed sound like I am being vain about the whole thing. What I was trying to say is that they are indeed revealing and that some guys would be a bit out of place to wear such a revealing attire off the bat when they are not so in shape to show off their bodies in such revealing attire. I myself just bought my first jockstrap and am not admittedly Mens Health cover model material yet, and the bare arse and tight pouch are taking a bit of getting used to despite my balls and cock having much better support than ever before.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They're not nearly as revealing in black, though, and especially in the medium- to heavyweight lycra/spandex that usually makes up bike shorts. They really won't hide the shape of a beefy "shower" of a cock, but at least they'll keep it from being visible from across the street.

Then, whether the rider is in shape or not, spandex shorts look "normal" on the bike, and awfully goofy off the bike. Always. :biggrin1:

There are cycling shorts that aren't plain black, too. You'll have to poke around online shops or a "serious" bike shop. Expect them to have team or corporate logos.

Then there's the Under Armour shorts. I have a red pair for when I'm feeling obnoxious.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Jake
Are you looking for a road bike? What is your price range? I could give you some ideas based on your responses to those 2 questions.

Regardless of what bike you get, 2 things will make it ride well and go fast:
1. Pump your tires to max inflation before you ride.
2. Keep your chain clean and lubed.