Cycling

ctfire18

Just Browsing
Media
Does anybody cycle, do you wear the tights or baggies, if tights then what kind to show and what kind to not show.

lgtrmusr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
People who have traveled long distances on bicycles sometimes comment that folks, particularly young folks, are put off by lycra tights. Under these circumstances having something like unlined board short to pull over them when shopping or stopping at a restaurant is a good idea. Other peopl have not had similar experiences, and felt perfectly well accepted in lycra. The internal chamois padding makes riding much more comfortable, and makes lycra tights or shorts really worth while for cycling.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Last summer I did alot of mountain biking, and usually I wore the lycra bike suits but I peeled the top down to the waist because it was usually 95 degrees or higher and that's hot as hell! But that's all I wore, no underwear or cup or whatever, just the suit and bike shoes.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
I wear the lycra/chamois stuff. Gotten some disapproving looks when stopping to get food, but also some smiles.

Same here, I got to the end of my trail and it came out near a mickey d's, so I figured I'd just go get me a burger, then ride back to the car... so I pull the top back up and zip up, but when I go in I get the lady behind the counter looking at my crotch and a lady in the corner with 3 kids telling them to hurry up so they can go. I'm thinking I'm just wearing lycra and I'm really not hard or anything under the lycra but you can see what I have size wise. But nothing people should really be ashamed of letting their kids see, I mean it's just mountain biking. I know what is kid/family approved clothing and I've seen a LOT worse bulges than anything close to what I was showing at a texas steak house or even flippin Wal-Mart for that matter... Sorry, had to vent.:rolleyes:

Trekrider

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only wear lycra when out riding and have no problems going into shops etc, but then Australian society doesn't have the hang ups prevalent in the U.S. Not only have I never had a disapproving look, I'd be lucky for anyone to notice the cycling shorts in the first place.

readytocum

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I once saw a guy cycling, and when we passed him, i'm guessing he'd worn the cycling shorts, they were spandex of course, and the back was so thin.... you could see his rear. Yuck!
I do a lot of cycling, once saw a guy like that, think it was soo hot, too bad he was too fast for me, would have luv to get my face in that ass:biggrin1:

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Usually lycra/chamois and no worries about showing or not. So many athletes here it is commonly accepted to be dressed or undressed according to your activity.

lgtrmusr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Recently been having some troubles staying comfortably situated in cycling tights with chamois. Using pearl izumi shorts, no problem but performance tights for colder weather, major difficulty with my cock ending up in some position that rubs, and rubs raw over a number of miles. Beginning to think about a jock underneath to keep things centered. Anyone else have similar problems?

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here in NYC I wear baggies. My friends and I laugh at what we call "outfit people". They wear the entire lycra get-up and all they do is ride around Central Park...mostly it seems like the weekend types with money to burn and just have to have the latest greatest whatever. For those bike and are serious about it, go right ahead and wear what works best.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I do quite a lot of commuting on bike, sometimes upto 15 miles a day, and always used to end up crushing my balls often, so tried a jock, did not work well, so tried some c-in2 army trunks..... worked perfectaly.

Did not feel crushed, as you sometimes find with briefs, yet secure enough, and the strap type c-in2's are better still, but some may find the support sling annoying after a while.

Just to prove this, needed to do my wasking today, so had to fall back on a normal pair of boxers. Within 3 mins in the saddle, my balls was complaining bitteraly.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My favorite riding pants are Pearl Izumi bibs and shorts. I prefer the bibs to the shorts. Due to the heavily padded crotch and the black color, not much shows. I've seen some wildly sexy red and white bibs from Assos and Castelli, but opt for the conservative black as my personal choice. Any serious biker will wear padded shorts, not plain lycra unpadded shorts. Nothing shows while you're riding; only when you stop and get off your bike. There are so many cyclists here in San Diego, that cycling gear is the norm, especially if you have a nice bike and ride a significant distance. Every time I go around Mission Bay or up Coast Highway, there are always numerous other cyclists on the road, and at least 95% are decked out in cycling clothes. The few times that I stop at a store or restaurant during a ride, I don't feel at all uncomfortable.

As far as comfort, you have to wear the shorts by themselves and let the padded crotch do its job - no briefs, no jocks as they will make your crotch sore from the seams. Lift your dick and balls up before you get on the seat and you're good to go. You can add tights, track pants, or leg warmers for the colder times of the year. On 25 or 50 mile event rides, I'll periodically need to lift my ball sac up if it gets trapped between my seat and skeletal structure. It's Sunday morning, and I can't wait to finish my coffee and go for a ride!

Last edited: