Cystitis and Thrush

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Lordpendragon, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

A serious question, Ladies. Have you found these problems more when you have a large partner? and if so how can they be avoided?

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Sorry but i cant help you here, ive only had thrush twice and it ws with the same guy.
    I wouldnt think size would make any difference though

3. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Now I have a complex that I am the only guy being looked at for encouraging / being responsible for cystitis - is it really only me?

Thanks

4. Mumzi

Mumzi New Member

Women should urinate immediately before and after sexual activity to flush bacteria from the urethra------

Women get cystitis more frequently than men because their urethra is much shorter than a man's - making it easier for germs to travel from the bowel, vagina and urethra to the bladder.

During sex, particularly if the woman has not been stimulated enough to produce her natural lubricant or has not used lubricant, the rubbing of the penis can aggravate and inflame her urethra.

------- 'honeymoon 'cystitis.....
    localized inflammation of the urethra occurring after frequent, strenuous intercourse.

so, I don't think it is just you!

Still a larger girth could cause more pulling /stretching and cause a widening- resulting a shortening of the urethra. I know when we first began to have sex I felt pain in the urethral area because there was a lot of stretching of the vagina which is all part of the perineum. As your thrusting you may be pulling the tissue even more.
    It could be more of a problem with larger girth.

5. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I've only suffered from thrush once, and twice from cystitis. The only aggravating factors coming with a large penis may be a possible deeper source of infection by smear effects, or little fissures caused by excessive stretching. But those aside, the general possibility of infections should remain roughly the same.

6. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Thank you ladies. A lot of that makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted