"Daddy" Issues

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Why do men always insist that women (and I guess some gay men as well) call them "Daddy" in bed? I think I'm the only person who doesn't find the whole "Daddy" name-calling to be a turn on. In fact, I personally feel it's absolutely disgusting! Maybe most men are not aware of this, but half of all grown women still call their fathers by Daddy. The reasoning is simple: we're always going to be Daddy's little girl. In my opinion, I don't think associating the name you call your father and your lover should not be intertwined. So men, spill the beans... I want honest answers. Why do you guys get so turned on by being called "Daddy" in bed?

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
Why do men always insist that women (and I guess some gay men as well) call them "Daddy" in bed?

Got no idea! That is weird. I wouldn't say it, unless I was jokingly saying 'Who's your daddy?' but to be honest I wouldn't ever say that in a sexual way.
However, I did once scare off a woman by calling her a 'good little girl'. She thought I was being a pervert, but she was petite and it was meant in an affectionate way.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Got no idea! That is weird. I wouldn't say it, unless I was jokingly saying 'Who's your daddy?' but to be honest I wouldn't ever say that in a sexual way.
However, I did once scare off a woman by calling her a 'good little girl'. She thought I was being a pervert, but she was petite and it was meant in an affectionate way.

even the "who's your daddy?" phrase makes me cringe. i know it's meant to be a joke, but i just can't hang with it. the "good little girl" thing does come off a bit perverted. however, it's something that's easier to brush off.

thoreau

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, I don't think I would like to be called Daddy while I'm in bed with someone. I've never requested it and never had a woman want to call me anything other than my name.

I'm just going to throw a possible reason why this predilection exists although I don't claim it to have any validity whatsoever. It’s just what popped into my head after reading this post.

It might have to do with the male ego and the desire to be perceived as sexually dominant and viral while having sex. Being called "Daddy" might be used to associate oneself with strong paternal figure. Perhaps an un-conscious connection with an archetype of a "leader" of the household or something along that line. Some men might feel more powerful and sexually potent if they are associated with a superior male figure.

But like I said I have no actually idea why this is the case.

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
It might have to do with the male ego and the desire to be perceived as sexually dominant and viral while having sex. Being called "Daddy" might be used to associate oneself with strong paternal figure. Perhaps an un-conscious connection with an archetype of a "leader" of the household or something along that line. Some men might feel more powerful and sexually potent if they are associated with a superior male figure.

That sounds reasonable.
A question to the original poster, Stacy: have you recently met someone who asked you to call him 'Daddy'?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
When im in bed (or wherever) getting my brains fucked out the last thing i want to be reminded of is my father. I think id have a problem with any guy who wanted to be called daddy, too pedophile for me
Something else that's weird is when your partner has the same name as one of your siblings!:eek::biggrin:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why do men always insist that women (and I guess some gay men as well) call them "Daddy" in bed?
I don't think it's all that common, stacy. If you've had more than one, maybe you are finding your men in the wrong place!:biggrin1:

It might have to do with the male ego and the desire to be perceived as sexually dominant and viral while having sex. Being called "Daddy" might be used to associate oneself with strong paternal figure.
I hope that's a typo, and not a Freudian slip...:eek:

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am a sexual submissive, so I'm into kinky sex and kinky talk more than the average person. I'm very turned on by "that's my girl", "good girl", and, I confess, even "little girl", but I've never been asked to call a lover daddy. This makes me think it's not all that common, because I've had quite a few lovers.

Hmm...if my Master asked me to call him Daddy, I probably would...it produces two feelings in me at the same time. One is revulsion -- as someone said the last thing I want to be reminded of during sex is my father. But the other is arousal (am I the only person here honest or brave enough to admit this?), and I'm probably aroused just because of the taboo (sometimes, breaking taboos, especially being ordered to break them, turns me on in and of itself).

As for the phrase, "Who's your daddy?", our culture has (in the last couple of decades) drastically perverted the original meaning.

That phrase was originally a taunt given from schoolyard kids to other kids -- the meaning being that the target kid's parentage was in doubt. If the kid was of a single mom who had never married, it could be a particularly painful taunt, as often the kid did not know who his or her daddy was, and being a "bastard" was a great source of shame. Also, in small communities, it was a legitimate question, since any man around just might be the daddy in question. So, particularly nasty people would whisper to someone, "Who's your daddy?" as a vicious insult.

How the phrase became something sexual, I do not know. I wouldn't want to be asked it during sex.

Reactions: Richyrich77

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I thought the term daddy was prison slang for an alpha straight guy (on the outside) but was top only when inside.

Likewise a submissive guy, or the one being fucked was a bitch.

Hence you have daddys their bitches. ie Who's your daddy and who's my bitch.

I think the term has more to do with dominance and status than someone being a peado.

I could be wrong.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hmmm... it definitely has the 'flavor' of submission in it, but with an admission of age too.

I don't think I EVER wanna be called someone's Daddy. And I certainly didn't call any of the guys I used to date in my twinky days a Daddy, even though a lot of them were my Dad's age (always loved the sex from the older guys, folks... nothing better no matter what you try to tell me). I expect that my sexual partners will be of differing experience and prowess, some more, some less than me. But SEX is the great equaliser for me, so to call a guy my Daddy would be a lie.

However, I'll gladly call some guys 'Sir'. Can be extremely hot to me...and for those guys seems to rev them up even more! VROOM VROOM!!!!!!!!!