1. dolfette

Gold Member

2. monel

Gold Member

I read it. I don't buy it. I have 3 kids each within 20 months of each other. At that time I used to joke with my wife that I could get her pregnant from the other bedroom.

3. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

I think that's down to women being obscenely fertile straight after a child!

Now if those kids were with other women...that would in some way fly against the point.

Did you have sex with women other than your wife, & did you feel "fighty" around other men?

I know someone who got far worse after having kids, even though he was married! He had an office flat & was knocking off at least 2 new girls a week.That said, I think the study is pretty true for men today, based on the number of listless, red eyed guys with new borns I know.

BTW - that guy-his marriage didn't last, she took the house, made life impossible for him with the kids, & still tries to screw more money off him, despite the fact she's a long time remarried, & also the fact that before the kids arrived, she told me she loathed every inch of him! So I don't wholly blame him - who'd go home to that?

4. monel

Gold Member

No. I had nothing going on on the side. I was also actively involved in caring for my kids including the fun stuff like diapering - or nappies for those on the other side of the pond. Though you are correct about the fertility of woman, it would've been to no avail were I unable to perform, which was not the case. Having said that, I did state that I "joked" with my wife about it.

5. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

I know - I wasn't having a pop! Testosterone has nothing to do with sperm count.

I have to ask - when the 3rd one popped out - did that kill off the libido a bit on either side, or were you lucky, & they all slept through? I had a friend who had howling kids, & it became a bit of a joke that they were all born around Xmas - because he & the wife only got away from them at the Easter break -& that's the only time that they were both in the mood!

6. monel

Gold Member

No drop off after the last baby. We were still very active for 10 years thereafter until other elements of life injected themselves into the mix. Certainly from my experience, children had no negative impact on my libido or ability to perform.

7. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A young man is living with a woman who is hormonal from pregnancy recovery, plus there's a suddenly a screaming new baby in the house who doesn't let either of them sleep for more than an hour at a time. Do we really need to make up a chemical psychobiological explanation for why he's tired and not in the mood for sex?

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Yes, it would absolutely HAVE to be the fault of the woman and child and not something from within. Of course, silly dolfette, silly scientists!

By the way, travis, did you read the article? There is no mention of the men's behaviour or sex drive, just that the team observed a dropped in the scientifically measured level of testosterone in these men. In fact a quote from one of the researchers was "The observations could make some evolutionary sense if we accept the idea that men with lower testosterone levels are more likely to be monogamous with their partner and care for children. However, it would be important to check that link between testosterone levels and behaviour before we could be certain."

9. dolfette

Gold Member

yeah...

blood tests... that's a bit sort of... facty.
    some people aren't so good with facts.

10. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

My Mom kept my Daddy loyal by being a great woman, wife and mother.

11. luka82

Gold Member

And what about your dad? Was he a great man? Or is it just a woman`s job to be a 'great woman'?
    Sorry love, I don`t know much about you, but reading from what you write it seems that you believe men are somehow superior to women. I could be very wrong, and I apologise in advance.

12. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

My Daddy is a great man who provides for and protects his family. My mom and Daddy are still madly in love as the first day they met.

13. TBoneSteak

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  14. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

thank you Tbone

15. dolfette

Gold Member

my daddy is crap and my mom is nutz.
    quelle surprise!

16. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    when you have a baby, you are too busy to have an affair to
    that's pretty facty

17. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    that method is on the decline sadly

18. travis1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dolfette and Banisters, yes, I read the article, and yes, I understand what was and was not in it. I'm just suggesting that there's a very simple, common-sense explanation for the phenomenon this is being made out as.

19. hsarge

Gold Member

Dolfie, you look like might strain a muscle. Can I scratch your back for you?

20. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

i know it is so sad

Draft saved Draft deleted