Dalai Lama slave owner ?

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to several sources Dalai Lama owned slaves !!
I never saw the guy as a godlike figure like his followers but as a slave owner ? That's really shocking. Chinese communist propaganda?

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Washington Post wrote a story about it. Lat month when President Obama went to China they talked about human rights for Tibet citizens. The guy who runs China said in return that president Obama as an African American should be happy because China "liberated" Tibet from slavery under the Dalai Lama. Its not true to me knowlege.

In Tibet in 1995 the Panchen Lama was chosen as a 6 yr old boy by the dalai Lama. The boy nor his family has been seen since 1995 when he and his family were taken from their homes by the chinease. Nobody knows what happened to them. Then China "appointed" someone to be the Panchen Lama....a boy whose parents are members of the communist party of china. I wonder why they picked him? But he is unrecognized. The link below is about the boy who went missing.

Gedhun Choekyi Nyima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Washington Post link wouldn't work but I found the huffington post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/15/china-to-obama-dalai-lama_n_358472.html

Ministry spokesman Qin Gang's argument broke down like this: Obama, as the first black U.S. president and an admirer of Abraham Lincoln, should appreciate the importance of liberating slaves – exactly what China says it did in Tibet in 1959.

Last edited:

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
za.china-embassy.org/eng/zt/12/t543372.htm for example
There's plenty of that info everywhere on the net .

Last edited:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It's not true to me knowledge.

...China "appointed" someone to be the Panchen Lama....a boy whose parents are members of the communist party of china. I wonder why they picked him? But he is unrecognized...

The boy was appointed Panchen Lama as he is part of communist China's efforts to strengthen its hold on the governance of Tibet.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Tibet was a serf economy before the Chinese "liberation". 95% of the population lived in serfdom and were "owned" by the aristocracy for their labour and by the monks for their labour and devotion, spiritual and financial. You can still go to remote monasteries in Tibet and see very poor peasants throwing what little money they have at the monks n the temples. The monks use a broom to sweep it up. This was the description given to me by a friend who went there a couple of years ago off the normal tourist routes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsoc4-QnplY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTm0xrG-v4&feature=related

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I read once that in some areas 1/3 of the men become monks. Beats all that hard work in the fields I guess. But sucks resources out of the economy so the region remains in poverty so more men go into the monastery which lowers everyones standard of living so more men become monks which.....