You ever find yourself trying to make sense of something, only to end up frustrated to the point that you wanna rip your hair out... until you notice one tiny detail you'd overlooked? Then, with that one thing, it all comes together. The people at my work that take the clients' orders are supposed to include a Count in the order form. It's basically the length of material on each roll, so from that I can get the number of labels on each roll. All they gave me was the final diameter of the roll, though. (When a client just gives a maximum diameter, they're supposed to ask for a rough quantity to go with it.) So, I took the information from a previous assignment and used that to get a "Core Count." From there, I figured up what Count would yield the diameter given for this one. Ran one roll... 1 inch too big. Figured up from that what would get me the right diameter, and ran it from that. For the next couple of hours, I periodically went back and forth, figuring out the Core Count that resulted from each diameter, working forward and backwards, and coming up with a different Core Count for each one. Since the Core always has the same area, the two numbers should've been the same. (By the way, I was trying to get a definitive Core Count for future reference, because I'm sure this'll happen again.) Finally, as I was about ready to slam my head into the table, I noticed one otherwise insignificant detail. One roll was laminated; the other wasn't. The laminate itself is less than paper thin, but compared to the material and the backing paper, it's enough to shift the Core Count by about as much as the two were offset.