Damn they are cleaning house

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
About bloody time, we've even had links posted to where he stole his photos from and people still defended him. He only mentioned that the items he'd posted on his gallery weren't his after numerous people had pulled him up about it - his defence, 'I never said they were mine' - if you post something in your gallery without big letters saying this isn't me people automatically and quite rightly assume it's you.

I am befuddled by the stance lpsg takes on this.
I never knew this, there were actually links to where he had stole the photos from and he still remained?
No wonder the lpsg community feels he had special treatment.

I have coached u15 and u17 soccer teams, I have captained a professional paintball team, I've captained an under 30 amateur soccer team (there are I'm sure many people here who have been in similar positions of leadership) and there is nothing that will undermine moral and the sense of goodwill faster than preferential treatment, real or imagined!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Now when I think of Monster I think of John Hurt in the Elephant Man.

Unless he's a girl and then it would be Charlize Theron. (fat and ugly in Monster)

With rare exception, Monster was the original target rather than the instigator and also managed to drop it long before the other person. Hence the results you see.

Stop the speculation...re-read the post that I've linked here. There is no conspiracy theory. There is no mod favoritism. He broke the ToS, plain and simple. We followed the rules set out for us as mods, he got the punishment for his actions. It's very clear and even Ray Charles could see it.

http://www.lpsg.org/95000-damn-they-are-cleaning-house-3.html#post1601187

I'm confused here. If Monster was the target, not the instigator, and he dropped arguments, "long before the other person," then what was it he did wrong? Is he to blame for the harassment even though he didn't instigate it? That is what these posts imply.

I've busted Monster on fake photos. The moving mole anybody? Then there was the gif. Not his either. We had a good laugh about it and that was all.
He has always been affable to me though we rarely interacted outside the chat room. I am sorry to see him be banned and I would like to know why.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why dont the mods in this thread just simply clarify why he was banned exactly. There still seems to be confusion amongst members. You've openly hinted & implied that its obvious; well its obviously not obvious coz there's still confusion! Just say it loud & proud then people can move on.... All this confusion is soooo unnecessary.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Why dont the mods in this thread just simply clarify why he was banned exactly. There still seems to be confusion amongst members. You've openly hinted & implied that its obvious; well its obviously not obvious coz there's still confusion! Just say it loud & proud then people can move on.... All this confusion is soooo unnecessary.
Um, seriously, NO offense, and NO disrespect, but you've GOT to be new here. :tongue:

If it were possible to do a focused search on "why was * banned", you'd have reading material for days, and find that this is NOT new. We did have one shining and glorious little reprieve from prepstud, regarding hung_muscle's banning, but that's just not the norm.

Mere mortals knowing anything beyond that it was "a violation of the ToS", is considered to by an invasion of privacy, and so it's not allowed.

ThePipe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Monster and I talked a little on here and on AIM...and I always wondered about his pictures because aestheticaly they dont really add up but I didnt really questioned it. Im glad that he got the boot if indeed he was a fake because there is just no good reason to be frontin! DO YOU! and be proud of it.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Am I correct in assuming the following (?):
TempBanned- the Gallery remains
PermBanned- the Gallery disappears
:confused:
quick profile view gallery is still up...:dunno:

LAfever is listed as a Member, even though he hasn't posted since his banning (as far as I know) which was some time back.

Maybe its better for some people to lurk.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Um, seriously, NO offense, and NO disrespect, but you've GOT to be new here. :tongue:

If it were possible to do a focused search on "why was * banned", you'd have reading material for days, and find that this is NOT new. We did have one shining and glorious little reprieve from prepstud, regarding hung_muscle's banning, but that's just not the norm.

Mere mortals knowing anything beyond that it was "a violation of the ToS", is considered to by an invasion of privacy, and so it's not allowed.

So all we get are hints & riddles? Seems silly to me. Why dont one of the mods just secretly(nudge nudge)tell one of the peasants then one of the peasants can accidentally(nudge nudge)tell all the other peasants in one simple post. There you go, problem solved.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Maybe in not being specific or straightforward, they aim to improve the way we behave.

Bad guess.

But that's the "Big Brother" approach, and it only instills questions and irritation.

But I wonder if they'd rather keep some things quiet about the methods used to track people with multiple accounts and other hacking because of the temptation some outsiders might have toward the viability of this site and its ability to generate some cash flow.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief. I didn't know Monster well, but from his public posts, I got an overall negative vibe about him. Towards the end there it seemed like most of his posts were witless comebacks and deliberately goading behavior towards those that had questioned the veracity of his pictures. A few people have said something to the effect of "yeah his pics were probably not him, but I liked the guy." You're entitled to your opinion on that, of course, but I cannot stand fakers and/or liars, regardless of how likable they might be otherwise. I felt that Monster was deceiving people on LPSG to get his ego massaged (although how you get anything out of that with compliments on pics that are not even you makes no sense to me).

My take on the whole thing goes something like this:

• Monster posts fake pics and starts getting a LOT of attention from them.
  • He gets off on the adulation of people who are buying into the fantasy.
  • A few people call BS on him and his pictures, challenge him to prove himself.
  • He can't verify, so he goes on the defensive (poorly).
  • He develops a taste for the fight, and realizes that a lot of his attackers can be goaded into violating the ToS.
  • He finds a new sport - carefully troll those that question his pics into getting banned, thus fuelling the rumors that he's somehow favored by the mods.
  • Fittingly, he oversteps the line himself and gets banned.

I'm not going to shed any tears. On balance, I think that Monster being gone makes LPSG a better place. Apparently so do the mods.

Last edited:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...DO YOU! and be proud of it.
Not to sidetrack a serious contribution and discussion, but that's easy to say when you look like... well, like YOU! [/drool]:wink:

I think that's the issue. From what I gathered over the past couple years, that's what the issue was with DMW. He was trying to recapture... Nevermind. The issue is that many people DON'T look like some hot, young, guy like you, so they attempt to become someone that they think everyone else will like, and the Internet, for better or worse, provides them with an easy vehicle to do this. And BECAUSE it's "just the Internet", so many people are willing to excuse this kind of behaviour, that in real life, they wouldn't even begin to tolerate. It's this kind of enabling that explains why instead of just another means of communication, that the Internet has such a bad name. If every time you communicated via the Internet, your name and face were attached to it, you'd never see these things happening.

Now if you need me, I'll be wandering around in your gallery. I'll be the one uncontrollably drooling. So, I'll be easy to spot. :wink:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
He was a huge fucking troll and should have been banned ages ago. But the view on how he was simply on defense explains why nothing ever happened of they felt that way.

Although I do wonder how so many can befriend someone who is insulting their intelligence like that.

I could give a flying flaming turd about his photos. His little bait games created more problems for him. He obviously has issues to pull the wool over everyones eyes, even those who talk to him privately, and then to get off on others falling in his traps. The guy is fucked up but that's ok he's probably amazed that all five of you still liked him.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...Why dont one of the mods just secretly(nudge nudge)tell one of the peasants...
Again, because they have a LOT more access to (personal) information that we've entrusted them with, more than just the reasons for bannings, the Mods, have to be people, that again, can be trusted with YOUR anonymity (basically, they're sworn to secrecy).
(Arrrg, it's STILL a bad sentence, but you get the picture.)

...My take on the whole thing goes something like this:...
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER! :biggrin1:

Last edited:

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief. I didn't know Monster well, but from his public posts, I got an overall negative vibe about him. Towards the end there it seemed like most of his posts were witless comebacks and deliberately goading behavior towards those that had questioned the veracity of his pictures. A few people have said something to the effect of "yeah his pics were probably not him, but I liked the guy." You're entitled to your opinion on that, of course, but I cannot stand fakers and/or liars, regardless of how likable they might be otherwise. I felt that Monster was deceiving people on LPSG to get his ego massaged (although how you get anything out of that with compliments on pics that are not even you makes no sense to me).

My take on the whole thing goes something like this:

• Monster posts fake pics and starts getting a LOT of attention from them.
  • He gets off on the adulation of people who are buying into the fantasy.
  • A few people call BS on him and his pictures, challenge him to prove himself.
  • He can't verify, so he goes on the defensive (poorly).
  • He develops a taste for the fight, and realizes that a lot of his attackers can be goaded into violating the ToS.
  • He finds a new sport - carefully troll those that question his pics into getting banned, thus fuelling the rumors that he's somehow favored by the mods.
  • Fittingly, he oversteps the line himself and gets banned.

I'm not going to shed any tears. On balance, I think that Monster being gone makes LPSG a better place. Apparently so do the mods.
that sounds like a very legit explanation.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Again, because they have a LOT more access to (personal) information that we've entrusted them with, more than just the reasons for bannings, the Mods, have to be people, that again, can be trusted with YOUR anonymity (basically, they're sworn to secrecy).
(Arrrg, it's STILL a bad sentence, but you get the picture.)

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER! :biggrin1:

I dont know what secrets youve told them but I dont think they have all that much secret info about anyone, frankly!

Rouge, people who are saying positive things about Monster are just relaying their own experiences with the guy. You can only take people as you find them. Its not about being fooled by him or his photo's.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If Monster was not insecure, and did not have pics and an avatar he could have been a well liked member here. It seems most of his problems he created himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.