Damn, we're good!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Humans aren't so very useless after all.

I was just sent this slideshow by a friend and I was so impressed with the design that I thought it was a hoax at first.

The_Falkirk_Wheel

After digging a little deeper I'm learning that ship_lifts aren't all that new.

Have a peek for yourself and submit a post of your own with something that left you agog and impressed with mankind's creativity.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
X-rays are baffling to me. The fact that you can look thru skin and muscle and fat to see bones is amazing to me. Especially since it was invented in the late 1800's.

CAT scans and MRI are also of equal amazement to me.

Also the fact that we can see past out galaxy into others or can calculate the age of the Universe is incredible to me.

Lifting machinery in not as impressive to me.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
X-rays are baffling to me. The fact that you can look thru skin and muscle and fat to see bones is amazing to me. Especially since it was invented in the late 1800's.

CAT scans and MRI are also of equal amazement to me.

Also the fact that we can see past out galaxy into others or can calculate the age of the Universe is incredible to me.

Machinery in not as impressive to me.

Everything you've listed is done with a machine, mem.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I edited my comments.

I've seen more impressive things than a canal boat mover in a Roller Coaster at Great Adventure almost 20 years ago.

I will describe it. You go straight up and then drop at almost 90 degrees then go forward and stop. A ramp then lowers you like an elevator to a different track where you go backwards into a barrel roll and then stop.

Ultra Twister (Six Flags Great Adventure)

Attachments

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lifting machinery in not as impressive to me.

I edited my comments.

I've seen more impressive things than a canal boat mover in a Roller Coaster at Great Adventure almost 20 years ago.

I will describe it. You go straight up and then drop at almost 90 degrees then go forward and stop. A ramp then lowers you like an elevator to a different track where you go backwards into a barrel roll and then stop.

Ultra Twister (Six Flags Great Adventure)

You needn't have edited your comments because I saved the original for posterity in my quote. What's more, you look even more hypocritical now. What is a roller coaster if not an elaborate lifting machine?

If you really want to look like less of a tool, you'd leave your criticism out entirely. This thread isn't for competition of THE MOST impressive thing but just what has impressed each of us. If you've nothing better to do than denigrate I suggest you find yourself a rate my dick thread.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (several pages of pics)

Feats that fascinate me are the ones that make me say, "How'd they do that?"

Exactly. Thank you for understanding the thread theme. Cool structure.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to live within a half hour drive of the Falkirk wheel and it truly is impressive.

I'm giving a little more thought to my contribution to this thread before I make it :wink:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Have a peek for yourself and submit a post of your own with something that left you agog and impressed with mankind's creativity.

You needn't have edited your comments because I saved the original for posterity in my quote. What's more, you look even more hypocritical now. What is a roller coaster if not an elaborate lifting machine?

If you really want to look like less of a tool, you'd leave your criticism out entirely. This thread isn't for competition of THE MOST impressive thing but just what has impressed each of us. If you've nothing better to do than denigrate I suggest you find yourself a rate my dick thread.

Exactly. Thank you for understanding the thread theme. Cool structure.

I wrote that I edited my comment after you quoted it.

You asked for something that left me "agog" and I posted it.

Now you are upset and call me a tool. While I agree that your link is impressive, you should not get uptight because I find other things more or equally as impressive.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Personally, it's Angkor Wat.

It's not my picture but I took several just like it.

Anyone who visits such a place and isn't inspired in some way, probably doesn't get what human creative expression is really about, and what it's capable of achieving with adequate motivation.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wrote that I edited my comment after you quoted it.

You asked for something that left me "agog" and I posted it.

Now you are upset and call me a tool. While I agree that your link is impressive, you should not get uptight because I find other things more or equally as impressive.

Mem, you rarely if ever manage to post something that doesn't contain a bit of negativity somewhere in it. Nowhere in the OP does it ask you to state what doesn't impress you or to rate your level of "impressed" with other items given.

This is meant to be a "hey, neat!" thread. Please let it be such.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Computer chips also leave me agog. (integrated circuits).

Also organ transplants, especially hearts.

As well as a Microwave oven. It amazes me that beams can heat up food so quickly, whereas in regular cooking you can see and understand the chemical process taking place.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Having used it's services many times when living in the South East of England I'm going to select the Channel Tunnel :wink:. 35 minutes travelling time in each direction.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Seriously Mem, are you really a boner or some incredibly talented person pertending to be so dense?

Actually, I will believe the former.

"I told you not to be stupid you moron, shut up, sit down"...B.S.

(you Mod ass kisser)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Satellite radio is impressive to me.

And of course the Internet.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Technologically trivial and relatively unimpressive as a device - but what an immense global, social impact: The mobile telephone and related, the simple SMS.