Damn You George Lucas!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by flame boy, Sep 29, 2010.

1. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

(Link)

Why. The. Fuck?

I love Star Wars, you can keep your Star Treks or your Lord of the Rings, for me Star Wars is the shit. I have always been a big geek when it comes to SW and I have multiple versions of the movies on DVD, plenty of books and all sorts of video games and other junk (who wants to see my lightsaber?).

In short, i'm kind of what George Lucas loves, I am a devoted fan and most of the stuff that gets released I will want. But the announcement of releasing all 6 movies in order in 3D has kind of got my goat. Sure, it will be a success and I bet some of the stuff will look cool but c'mon Lucas, let the franchise be.

I was excited when they announced Star Wars was coming out on Blu-Ray disc (that's something I will be buying, for sure) but I think this passing phase of 3D is just that - a passing phase.

What do you guys think, Star Wars in 3D - Good or bad?

Up next: Casablanca - THE 3D REMASTERED EXPERIENCE. :wink::eek:

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

I don't need the headache.

3. flame boy

I read this earlier, a tweet posted by actor/genius Simon Pegg:

"3D used in films not aimed at children is like seeing someone you respect trying too hard. Like witnessing your dad in leather trousers."

4. D_Eric Banana

D_Eric Banana New Member

I love the franchise, but it has been enough! Just leave them the way they are (perfect)
    The world isn't ready for a 3D JarJar Binks!

5. flame boy

Another big question: Lucas claims he will not be altering the movies at all for the 3D rerelease - but which version will we get? Will Greedo shoot first? Will stupid-poopid young Anakin appear at the end of "Jedi"?

6. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's purely a moneymaking ploy. They will just do the same six with more aerial loopy stuff. And lately I have been going to the 3d films in 2d anyway when they get to the bargain theater, to save $$$. It's no loss if there's any actual plot there to begin with.

And yes I am a GFFA fan, especially of the comics and novels. Ironically that is where Lucas has let Star Wars LIVE-- away from his juvenile fixations.

7. Mule

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Here's an idea, Lucas. How about you actually try to make a new and original film, completely unconnected to Star Wars, that tops your previous accomplishments rather than wringing every last dollar out of a franchise that has been around for over thirty years?

8. D_Tilly_De_Toilet

D_Tilly_De_Toilet New Member

9. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't say that I was excited at all. They're not the original cuts. They've had all that CG crap thrown in. And WTF is up with the 3-D shit? It's headache giving, nausea inducing crap, pure and simple. I also hate the fact that people are actually paying MORE for a 3-D capable TV. I'm not a fan of that. Bring the original cuts to BD with a nice VC1 encode, and I'll buy them.

10. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I Have a 30 mouth old samsung 50" DLP 3D tv and I watch blu-ray 3d on it and there are only 2 3d blu ray you can buy.

hope xxx 3d blu-ray's come out so I can see big boobs in 3d. :biggrin1:

11. big_tits4big_dicks

big_tits4big_dicks New Member

Fuck 3-D. Fuck Lucas. He will never stop milking Star Wars because he owns it all. I love the first 3 movies. And by the first 3 movies, I mean the first 3 god damn movies! Wow, movies sure do get me worked up! I think you found my hot button! haha :D

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Turn everything into 3D until they get to "Gigli" and "Ishtar".

13. flame boy

Another thing which has irked me about this is Lucas' complete lack of care for any new fans. I remember seeing the original trilogy on video tape when I was young, shortly followed by the 1997 re-releases in the movies. This was really exciting for me, a young Star Wars fan, to see the movies on the big screen.

Lucas has said he will release the movies in order starting with 1999's The Phantom Menace. This bugs me because shouldn't be release 1977's Star Wars (A New Hope) first? The big reveal in Empire Strikes Back is completely lost if you watch the prequel trilogy first. If you're going to do something to milk even more money from people, at least do it right!

Ugh, nerdy rant over.

14. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    This.

Or...three sequel, not prequel films. And no re-release of the current cash cows in 3D. :mad:

15. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What he SHOULD do is release the original 3 on DVD/bluray that DOESN'T have that bullshit editing of Han moving his head over before he shoots Greedo, he is supposed to shoot first dammit. Not to mention get rid of that stupid singing frog thing put in Return of the Jedi, shit is stupid. I want original unaltered glory. I still haven't bought the original three on DVD or anything because of that, I still have my VHS boxset, and I'll never give it up over that altered crap. I don't care if he digitally enhances it, but I don't want flat out altered scenes and crap plugged in.

Also he should stick to releasing non movie related Star Wars stuff. And I agree with flame, he shouldn't start with Phantom Menace, it ruins one of the greatest movie moments ever (though honestly most people know this already). But also Phantom Menace by a large margin is the worst of the six in my opinion. Fucking Jar Jar Binks..

16. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Me-sah thinks da fanboys is-ah angry!!

Seriously though - Leia in the bikini in 3D and even the straights and bis are still unhappy. A sad day for Carrie Fisher.

17. flame boy

Even I would do her in that bikini....and then steal it and wear it at home in private.

18. flame boy

I don't know if this (LINK) is available in the US, but here in the UK they have released the original theatrical cuts of the original trilogy, you just get the remastered shit on the same DVD. Some have complained about the complete lack of any digitisation (the movies are in 4:3 and have lacklustre sound quality) but they are the legit real "originals".

19. wallyj84

Gold Member

Eh, who cares? If you don't want to watch it, don't.

BTW, save for Greedo shooting first, I liked the special editions. The song sequence from Return of the Jedi is one of my favorite scenes in that movie. Fuck anyone who dislikes it.

20. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

i love the novels!!!!!! i haven't read anything new past the New Jedi Order
    (but i will this winter)and i'm pissed that the comic series "Legacy" just got cancelled,but i saw a preview that a six-issue mini-series was comming in Dec. of this year to wrap everything up..(YEAH!!)

ever since Lucas saw the money from merchandising being huge,he just went straight for the dollars...lol...i still have my Darth Vader Burger King Empire Strikes Back glass..

Draft saved Draft deleted