Dan Rather Reports: Help Wanted! (Not Here)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Marius567, Jan 19, 2011.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Well, according to a fun article in the New York Times the other day, General Electric is now sharing it's passenger jet engine technology with China so we won't have to be bothered with all the icky stuff involved in building our own passenger jet engines in the USA and selling them to Boeing and Airbus. After all, it's such a burden for GE to be a good steward of American engineering.

3. sargon20

Gold Member

^ Every company in the world is falling over themselves and selling anything they can to get access to 1 billion new consumers and the Chinese just have to name their price. Word is the next Porsche may even be built there.

4. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    i watched it and it was no supprise. we lost millions of jobs to China and India which will never return like the ones in silicone valley. i was out there a year ago and it's devastating to Ca which is usually the first state to bounce back after a recession.

Thats big trouble for this country. All this talk about green and a big project in SD Ca has been put on hold for the airport if I hear right. Maybe someone from there can give us an update. China's president was here and hear we'll get 250,000 jobs out of it, I doubt that and it will cost us money to a country we owe. A communist country that we should have never been dealing with, now he's at the white house exchanging gifts. What a farce.

I guess we forgot what China has done, human rights,murdering babies and the Korean War.

The trade between us is, to say the least, unfair. India not only was given hundrends of thousands of visa's but are on their way to emprovening their economy at our expense and nothing is done to stop it.

Were headed for complete disstruction with these leaders.

5. maxcok

Gold Member

^ Thank you for your perspective. Very insightful and well informed. :rolleyes:

p.s. I hope we're not headed for "complete disstruction", though we will if the Republicans get control of financial policies. At least for now the economy seems to be steadily if slowly "emprovening".

6. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

So thats what the Change was about? Yes thats all you will have left in your pocket.:tongue:

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Last year, big corporations in America created more jobs overseas than in their own. If all of those jobs were here it would have dropped our federal unemployment rate by at least a full point. Outsourcing has been a problem with our country for more than a decade, and it's only going to get worse until they are either given (or imposed) some form of federal incentive to keep jobs on our shores. Not everything can go to China... we do have people who live here that need to make an honest living as well, and not everyone of them have the means to start their own business.

8. maxcok

Gold Member

Did you read that on a bumper sticker somewhere? Could you explain to me what relevance your dumbass comment has to the topic, namely the outsourcing of American jobs? Are you suggesting the current president is responsible for this trend? I guess I'm too dense to make the connection.

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

As the late Harry Truman once said. The buck stops here. He was the 33rd President of the United States.

10. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

You are nothing but a dollar sign to the corporatists who have taken over our country. They could care less what the fate of this nation is, because they have zero loyalty to it.

They didn't need "free trade" to end tariffs against US exports, they needed "free trade", so that they could offshore any assets they wanted, without facing a financial penalty.

Now, the wealthy can rig national governments all over the planet to run as corruptly as it takes to make big bucks fast, and if the shit hits the fan, who cares? They can just pull out and move on to the next nation to leach off of...

It's not totally unlike the con US businesses have run on local govts all over the USA for decades... A business will move to a town giving them a tax-free ride for several years in the name of "economic development", but then as soon as the tax incentives end, the company moves to whichever town is then offering the sweetest tax-free ride. Capital One and several other credit card providers are particularly skilled at this con. And of course, sports franchises invented this concept!

#10 B_talltpaguy, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  11. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:!

12. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    I'm a dollar sign with a lot of guns.

13. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."

Things are emprovening all the time!

14. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

What, a 9mm semi and a hunting rifle? lololol

They control the US military... They win, you lose.

15. maxcok

Gold Member

Thanks for the history lesson, also for another irrelevant platitude.

Now you're just trolling. There are currently two very active threads about gun violence running where you can post your threats. Why don't you have the balls to post your "Second Amendment remedies" there?

Here's a snapshot of responses you might encounter:
    So put your off-topic comments in the threads where they're at least relevant, if ignorant. Thanks too for perpetuating the stereotype of idiocy that emanates from some residents of my home state.

16. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Exactly... The 'buck' stopped with him, and we haven't had accountability since. Maybe Truman took the 'buck', while nobody was looking? I wonder how we go about getting a new 'buck', so that we can start holding these politicians accountable again?

17. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I'm not sure it's technically trolling if this is all he is capable of. Maybe sniping one liners that have only the slightest relevance to the topic at hand is all he is intellectually capable of?

The last girl I dated was like that with everything in her life. If the remark was longer than a few sentences, she would literally lose concentration and could no longer compute what was being told to her or said by her... I shit you not. She was also a 1st semester community college dropout (it was "too hard"! lol) and an alcoholic... And a Republican, like most alcoholics are. Go figure.

18. maxcok

Gold Member

There's not even a slight relevance, though you're right about the intellectual capabilities. He posted a few talking points in the gun threads and then ran away because he's a dumb pussy, just like all overcompensating Second Amendment fanatics. Now he's posting irrelevant shit wherever he goes, like the other trolls on here.

What a perfectly cromulent thing to say!

19. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^I'm not sure I would call his other droppings left around the forum "postings"... They seemed more like "cut and pastings".

lol

Draft saved Draft deleted