Dancing queen...

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
OK, I just don't get it...

As some may recall, a gay friend has taken me along with her misses to a local gay bar, one of only two in my city.

Anyway, I've been a few times and I have to say, there is nothing there I as a man, as a gay man, can identify with. The owners are lovely people and we nearly always have a pleasant enough time but I just can understand other gay men.

I think I'm actually homophobic.

I know being gay is a spectrum as with most aspects of life but being virtually the only gay bar in the city, I would have thought I'd of see more than just the stereotypical screaming twinks.

Fuck they are annoying.

Maybe I'm just too old and sexually repressed but for the love of Christ, I just do not see the necessity nor the attraction of petite white wine, drain pipe tight jeans, impromptu high pitch screaming, morose exaggeration and complete and utter bitch campness imaginable.

I hate the word fag, but you can understand why it's used.

It's repugnant and so superficial... I always wondered if the straight dominated world I grew up in was unnecessarily cruel and unfair in it's understand and perception of homosexual men, and to some degree it was but I have to say, there sure as hell is no smoke without fire.

What the fuck NZ, a nation of rugby men, I think not. A bunch of fucking shirt lifters as my grandmother would have said.

I'm not there to date, let me make that perfectly clear, as thankfully I have someone right up my alley more than interested in me and I him, but if I were, fuck, I think I'd have no choice but to go straight living in this part of NZ.

Where are men who are men?

Contradictorily, I have on some level a real respect for the complete screamers of the gay society, their plight is the reason men like me can so freely be gay without complete fear of persecution.

I understand that.

Then why as a gay man do I find so many gay men just simply unattractive?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, I just don't get it...

As some may recall, a gay friend has taken me along with her misses to a local gay bar, one of only two in my city.

Anyway, I've been a few times and I have to say, there is nothing there I as a man, as a gay man, can identify with. The owners are lovely people and we nearly always have a pleasant enough time but I just can understand other gay men.

I think I'm actually homophobic.

I know being gay is a spectrum as with most aspects of life but being virtually the only gay bar in the city, I would have thought I'd of see more than just the stereotypical screaming twinks.

Fuck they are annoying.

Maybe I'm just too old and sexually repressed but for the love of Christ, I just do not see the necessity nor the attraction of petite white wine, drain pipe tight jeans, impromptu high pitch screaming, morose exaggeration and complete and utter bitch campness imaginable.

I hate the word fag, but you can understand why it's used.

It's repugnant and so superficial... I always wondered if the straight dominated world I grew up in was unnecessarily cruel and unfair in it's understand and perception of homosexual men, and to some degree it was but I have to say, there sure as hell is no smoke without fire.

What the fuck NZ, a nation of rugby men, I think not. A bunch of fucking shirt lifters as my grandmother would have said.

I'm not there to date, let me make that perfectly clear, as thankfully I have someone right up my alley more than interested in me and I him, but if I were, fuck, I think I'd have no choice but to go straight living in this part of NZ.

Contradictorily, I have on some level a real respect for the complete screamers of the gay society, their plight is the reason men like me can so freely be gay without complete fear of persecution.

I understand that.

Then why as a gay man do I find so many gay men just simply unattractive?

Well, honestly...why don't you go ahead and be straight? Marry a woman. Have kids.
Convince yourself that you are straight...and that straight is the way to salvation. The gay folk are unattractive so I guess the straight folk are sexier. So, maybe you should be straight.

Pay attention to what your grandmother says about "the shirt lifters"...you know old people are always right.:rolleyes:

The screamers are born to annoy you. They wake up early and sync their iPhones to reconnoiter a rendezvous to annoy RugbyPup.:rolleyes:

But when your straight life is together, you have no right to criticize gay people for who they are. They are living their lives honestly.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
1. Move somewheres else.

2. Find bi/closeted men to date

Incidentally, there are other gay guys who feel the way you do. Congratulations to you on not trying to conform to some freakish stereotype.

Last edited:

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, honestly...why don't you go ahead and be straight? Marry a woman. Have kids.
Convince yourself that you are straight...and that straight is the way to salvation.

Having seen the gay scene of this city, I'm discounting nothing, though considering the thought of womens feet makes me physically sick, I'll have my work cut out for me.

The gay folk are unattractive so I guess the straight folk are sexier. So, maybe you should be straight.

Unattractive, yes. Though so are many women to me. Is odd that I find so many gay men as unattractive as women. Rather, that was my point, than straight or gay being sexier. Seems counter productive to have accepted myself as gay only to find a large proportion of the gay men I've met deeply unattractive and yes, repulsive. Talk about having your cake and eating it.

Pay attention to what your grandmother says about "the shirt lifters"...you know old people are always right.:rolleyes:

My grandmother would once upon a time said a great many things, thankfully I and attitudes have moved on. Though I would be lying if I didn't admit that the older I have become, the more I have found myself intolerant of a great many things in life. My youthful open acceptance of all things has slowly soured into a big fat fuck you, with knobs on. :wink:

The screamers are born to annoy you. They wake up early and sync their iPhones to reconnoiter a rendezvous to annoy RugbyPup.:rolleyes:

I bloody knew it!

But when your straight life is together, you have no right to criticize gay people for who they are. They are living their lives honestly.

Honestly, honestly fucking annoying. I'm not homogenizing 'gay' people into one, it just seems all the gay men I've met in my city so far are intensely fucking aggravating, living stereotypes.

Skinny, bitchy, pink obsessed, faffy, flappy virtually prepubescent girls in barely a mans body... what the fuck... are people really born so?

As part of my own personal exploration into my sexuality I sought to understand as much as possible about what being gay is, as I have found it so terrible hard at time. But the truth is, despite now being accepting of myself and comfortable enough to venture into the gay world, I find myself confronted once more with the uber camp grotesques stereotype of my childhood, portrayed by the likes of Julian Clary, Kenneth Williams and Danny Le Rue to name but a few.

In short, I really wasn't expecting the Nike feather boa to be quite as desirable as it really is.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
1. Move somewheres else.

Because along side discovering my sexuality I've also discovered the rare ability to shit gold. :wink:

2. Find bi/closeted men to date

Not out to date, though if I were, what other recourse would one have?

Incidentally, there are other gay guys who feel the way you do. Congratulations to you on not trying to conform to some freakish stereotype.

I hope to meet other guys that do feel the same, It would be nice to learn from other gay men more than how to do a good lippy touch up.
Though, is it really conformity? Is homosexuality really as much of a show as it is with whom you fall in love with?

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I guess it's just highlighted a somewhat lonely quandary.

I've tried being the straight type and tried befriending other males and have found that very quickly, I stand apart from them as not being one of them. Although I am not obviously gay I suppose the absence of fucking 'any' woman, not really being interested in sport or cars gave me away.

I also find myself not accepted as a gay guy by gay guys as I also seems to stand apart, I guess finding Sex in the City, Glee and all things Prada a travesty, revokes my invitation to that party.

So if you're too straight to be gay but too gay to be straight... what are you?

I'm developing a new found empathy for the platypus.

Dookiestain3

Just Browsing
Media
Yeah seriously, just find other like minded people. This would be like me crying over trying to find other gays who love online gaming or some shit. Trivial matters lolol.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yeah seriously, just find other like minded people. This would be like me crying over trying to find other gays who love online gaming or some shit. Trivial matters lolol.

Okey doke skip, can't believe I didn't think of that. As soon as I finish this pesky perpetual motion engine I'll get right on it.

D

deleted136887

Those pesky perpetual motion machines....Realy eat up your spare time.

Now, now. That's enough out of you. Don't make me send you to the kennel.

We're in the south mate. The more north, the more pink. You are in the capital, don't forget.

Wow. This is hot!

I guess finding Sex in the City, Glee and all things Prada a travesty...

I don't fit the stereotype, but my claim to the gay side is my interest in fashion..:rolleyes:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Rugbypup--

Here is my story. I had two middle aged heterosexual parents. Both had ideals about their children. They thought that I would marry a nice woman, sire kids, get a corporate job, and be a family man.

But they never realized or considered that did I really want THAT: a marriage to a woman, make babies...(yeah, you have to fuck women to make those babies.:rolleyes: And that really wasn't the problem...the problem was the relating to women when you are essentially a gay guy. I don't want to fuck 'em. And I didn't want to be fooling myself either. I could see myself fucking lots of men on the side if I married a woman. I didn't want that situation.) And I didn't like the fact that anytime for some unfortunate reason, she could divorce ME and take half of my earnings and the community property. Plus, take the kids. :mad: THAT REALLY didn't look like incentives to me.)

So, I confessed to my mom when I was in college that I was gay. And I wasn't going to be the married man with children kind of guy. My mom was terribly upset. She didn't speak to me for a couple of weeks. My dad didn't like it either. (IT IS REALLY, REALLY HARD when you have a latent homo dad and he cock blocks your dates. And he didn't like the idea of me going to the gay bar and meeting men. THAT MAN would be one jealous envious actin' beyotch.)

When I came out...I was involved in a gay, lesbian, bi support group. I met some friends there. I went clubbing a couple of times. I wasn't promiscuous but I did have sex. I dated a bunch of men. I dated black men--dark skinned to light skinned men, dated one hispanic guy. (I even snogged a gay Catholic priest. Very manly. He was really physically fit. Thick hard on.) Then, I dated a lot of white guys. During that time, I found out what men I liked sexually which were lighter complected men and white guys...shorter statured. And I found out that I liked men who were hairy.

In order to get over my homophobia...I had to give up certain paradigms that played in my programming. I had to let go of what I thought...and took every gay man as a per case situation. I didn't hate fem guys. I fucked a few. Some really were great at sex....and they taught me stamina...and to be multi-orgasmic. I got exposed to a lot of good art and music by some of them.