Dancing with the stars, could this be for real

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Deno, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    The celeb-and-pro lineup for Dancing with the Stars' Season 7 won't be officially revealed until mid-August, but already rumors are surfacing about who might prance across the parquet.

The latest buzz has Lance Bass signed on to samba — but here's the possible wrinkle: Sources tell the New York Daily News that producers might pair the openly gay 'N SYNC alum with a male pro. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Reps for both Bass and ABC have no comment for TVGuide.com on the rumor.

TV Guide.com

2. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

That show is pretty gay anyway. It would get me to watch it. It would also lose many of the old fogies as viewers.

3. Xcuze

Gold Member

I dont think that would work at all! Ive never seen 2 gay men dancing like that so why do it on this show? Cant see it happening & I doubt whether Lance would want to parade his sexuality in such an obvious & camp way. Not that Im too aware of who he his anyway; nsynch were not huge worldwide. Deno, Im starting to suspect that youre, like, gay...:cool:

4. Rommette

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    two dudes danced together last season...just for fun of course.

If you guys remember it was that guy that was in the movie it takes two...i think:rolleyes:

5. Xcuze

Gold Member

Exactly, it would only work as a camp fun one-off. For two men to do numerous various dances week after week is a different matter. Does anyone really want to see two men do slow ballroom dancing? Er, no. It would be hysterically camp to watch but it aint gonna happen...

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I wonder which one will wear the ballroom gown?

7. Principessa

Gold Member

That's a stupid idea! They may as well have Martina Navritilova on and make her dance with a woman as well. What's the point? What does that prove? We all know he's gay, that doesn't mean he can't touch a girl ever again.:rolleyes:

More importantly shouldn't the name of this show be changed to 'Dancing With Mediocre Has Been's.'

8. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    i think it will be awesome if they do that. it would probably cause less drama if they did pair him with a guy. Especially since he's been out for a while already. Also, they'd probably piss off the gay community if they didnt.

9. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Although alot of the success of the show depends on sexual chemistry, it is now common knowledge that Lance is gay. So that that mean he CANT dance with a woman.??? Dancing is really a non-gendered activity....

So LANCE WILL DANCE WITH A WOMAN, which is customary, and the viewing audience will just have to focus on the beauty and technical aspect of the dancing, and NOT the sexuality. Whats the problem with that ???? But of course there will be controversy; the Publicity is good for Ratings. Just keep things in perspective.

10. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I probably wouldn't watch anyway. I was not interested in the one legged gold digger. They showed a clip on Entertainment Tonight and that was enough.

11. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't shoot the messenger as they say! I was not the "sources" indicated on the tvGuide website. Just thought it was interesting how they may commit self inflicted unrepairable damage to the show. I for one love the whole idea of the show, just wish the first and second eliminations were not so evident. I was hoping to see Celine Dion on the show this next season, she did confess her desire to be on the show. Two guys dancing may be natural in a gay bar but on a show like this it is not really feasible since they always say how the male should look masculine and the female feminine. To me its a train wreck waiting to happen. Why anyone would fabricate a relationship between one certainly gay dancer and his partner to cover up a gay relationship to dancing and then try to do something like this does not really make sense.

As for the gay part, I can be a very happy individual given the proper meds.

Draft saved Draft deleted