Dang.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's certainly no shortage of people who could benefit from our compassion, every day of the year. It up to us to recognize them, if we open our eyes.

We ought to question why we see some as not deserving of our compassion.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's an argument that some individuals have ceased or diminished their charitable works because the state/government took over the role years ago (in Canada, anyway). Churches and charitable organizations were formerly the main route to caring for the less fortunate.

Now, many people have the feeling that if they pay taxes then they've done their bit, and even then, many begrudge that involuntary appropriation of their earnings is misdirected and does little to improve the situation of the needy. Not only that, but they also feel the needy are grossly over-estimated and include many un-entitled fraudsters.

The OP's post makes me think it's directed to encouraging us to personally re-connect with our surrounding community, and those who are suffering, regardless of any existing social assistance programs or charities. A more personal embrace of our humanity. Human engagement. Small acts of decency and kindness count.

Last edited:

I condole you. And stuff.

Seriously tho, should be routine or a matter of course to try and assist or alleviate the pain if you spot it in someone. I guess it's not tho - and also hard to spot sometimes.