Darren Hayes (of Savage Garden)

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think Darren Hayes is very cute and I love Savage Garden. "Affirmation" is one of my favorite songs. Anyone else remember when they sang it at the Closing Ceremonies at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia?

"I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality..."

Christiaan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think Darren Hayes is very cute and I love Savage Garden. "Affirmation" is one of my favorite songs. Anyone else remember when they sang it at the Closing Ceremonies at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia?
"I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality..."

Yes, I caught that line too. I thought it was very telling. Either they were gay or gay friendly and it turns out that they were a combination of those qualities. If I remember right, Darren Hayes is from the UK originally and Daniel Jones is a native Aussie.

I seem to remember reading that the reason they split up as Savage Garden is because Daniel was increasingly uncomfortable with the media spotlight and much preferred being able to quietly persue his music. It's a pity because they made such brilliant music together.

Another super group from Down Under is Human Nature. They're the ones who led off singing the Australian national anthem during the opening of the Sydney Games.