Darts

Yes darts. Who'd have thought it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42841620

Now for an end to grid girls, ring girls, and random decorative 'girls' in general at sporting events. Also, has anyone else noticed the absurdity when women's sporting events have random decorative 'girls'?

Well this small victory makes me want to find out how to play darts. I'm going to need darts, and a dartboard, and a picture of Donald Trumps face.

Media
...Well this small victory makes me want to find out how to play darts. I'm going to need darts, and a dartboard, and a picture of Donald Trumps face.
picture_of_donald_trump_dartboard_with_darts-r63edf929862f42528de648a40d8fee67_fomu6_8byvr_540.jpg

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Cheerleading next?

I've always found the concept of cheerleading ridiculous. When people bring up the fact that it's an athletic thing and takes skill... Yeah. So make it a sport of it's own. Call it synchronized gymnastics or something. Having them "cheer" for the men while they play their games never sold me.

I don't recall ever seeing a bunch of men dressed provocatively "cheer" for female sports players. It's so clear that women are still ornaments in many aspects of society. We're still there to be "seen, not heard" in the eyes of too many.

I truly don't have issues with people who like to show off a bit, and those who appreciate the exhibitions... But there's a time and a place. Family gatherings like sporting events don't seem like that time or place.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Booth babes for an awful lot of conventions/events...

http://west.paxsite.com/safety-accessibility#booth-babe-policies

PAX has a strict ‘no booth babe’ policy with the purpose of creating an environment where everyone can feel comfortable and welcome, and the focus is on games, not hired booth staff.

Booth babes are defined as staff of ANY gender used by exhibitors to promote their products at PAX by using overtly sexual or suggestive methods. Partial nudity, the aggressive display of cleavage and the navel, and shorts/skirts higher than 4” above the knee are not allowed. If for any reason an exhibit and/or its contents are deemed objectionable to PAX management, the exhibitor will be asked to alter the attire of its staff.

Cosplayed characters that are playable in-game are an exception to this rule (within reason), and exhibitors must obtain permission from show management prior to the show.

If for any reason an exhibit and/or its contents are deemed objectionable to PAX management, the exhibitor will be asked to alter the attire of its staff or remove those staff from the show.

Cosplaying attendees may be asked to alter or modify their costume if it is considered overtly sexual,

E3 on the other hand....

e3-booth-babes-header.jpg

I still don't know why E3 is a thing (a thing people attend... a thing journalistic outlets cover.... a thing at which major video game companies exhibit their products, etc). The thing is a glorified strip club. Unless I was coding a sex simulation game I wouldn't want my game exhibited there.

Yeahhhhh as a PAX attendee at least all the years I have gone, that's a pretty lie.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always found the concept of cheerleading ridiculous. When people bring up the fact that it's an athletic thing and takes skill... Yeah. So make it a sport of it's own.

I think there's kind of two branches of it. There's competetive cheering where they're doing performing routines competetively against other cheer teams, and then there's the sidelines stuff (and a lot of people who do both).

Professional Cheerleading is a minimum wage job with no benefits. It wasn't even that until recently... NFL was previously paying cheerleaders like 2 bucks an hour until the cheerleaders unionized and sued.

If someone enjoys the athleticism of it, more power to them, but it's such a terrible career choice.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeahhhhh as a PAX attendee at least all the years I have gone, that's a pretty lie.

Well that's sad to hear. I've wanted to attend one but never had the time & money.

I've been to a lot of gaming (D&D) conventions in years past. By and large, they're for/by gaming enthusiasts. I know Dragon Con has a reputation as a huge sex party / fantasy fetish scene though (I stayed away for that reason).

Well that's sad to hear. I've wanted to attend one but never had the time & money.

I've been to a lot of gaming (D&D) conventions in years past. By and large, they're for/by gaming enthusiasts. I know Dragon Con has a reputation as a huge sex party / fantasy fetish scene though (I stayed away for that reason).

It's not terrible, but there definitely are some booth babes present. Maybe not as much as E3 or some such, but I've never attended so I can't say for sure.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Cheerleading next?

I've always found the concept of cheerleading ridiculous. When people bring up the fact that it's an athletic thing and takes skill... Yeah. So make it a sport of it's own. Call it synchronized gymnastics or something. Having them "cheer" for the men while they play their games never sold me.

I don't recall ever seeing a bunch of men dressed provocatively "cheer" for female sports players. It's so clear that women are still ornaments in many aspects of society. We're still there to be "seen, not heard" in the eyes of too many.

I truly don't have issues with people who like to show off a bit, and those who appreciate the exhibitions... But there's a time and a place. Family gatherings like sporting events don't seem like that time or place.
what are you talking about....hahaha...look at this sexy man all dolled up to cheer.....future tough guy Texas cowboy...goerge w bush wp_ss_20180128_0002.png

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media

the sex party /fetish scene would be a selling point for me

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the sex party /fetish scene would be a selling point for me

Yeah, just never been my thing. I'm a bit of a square :p

There's plenty of sci-fi / fantasy stuff there too, but my friends who attended were always going on about the adult parties and it was offputting for someone who just wanted to beat up some damn orcs :p

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I read about study of expert dart players and how their brains can do all sorts of mathematical acrobatics because they have to figure out permutations of likely scores and outcomes within seconds.

As for cheerleaders, I’ve always been proud of the fact that the Pittsburgh Steelers do not have now, nor have they ever had cheerleaders.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As for cheerleaders, I’ve always been proud of the fact that the Pittsburgh Steelers do not have now, nor have they ever had cheerleaders.

Technically, the Pittsburgh Steelers were the very first NFL team to have cheerleaders on the sidelines. They pioneered the concept.

That said, theirs were brought on for athletic/gymnastic skill and wore more modest outfits. The Steelers stopped using cheerleaders when other teams started doin the skimpy outfit thing as the owners didn't want to go that direction.

Reactions: 950483

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Technically, the Pittsburgh Steelers were the very first NFL team to have cheerleaders on the sidelines. They pioneered the concept.

That said, theirs were brought on for athletic/gymnastic skill and wore more modest outfits. The Steelers stopped using cheerleaders when other teams started doin the skimpy outfit thing as the owners didn't want to go that direction.

Thank you for the clarification. I was somewhat aware that the Steelers had had some sort of performance group but didn't know any details. Nonetheless, I choose to ignore the reality and substitute my own.

Reactions: deleted924715

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm actually not bad at darts, I love throwing a few arrows in a pub!
I'm afraid this topic has me a little split tho tbh, yes I'm against objectifying women but on the other hand if as a woman I wanted to earn a living from the way I look I feel I should be able to. There are now a lot of women who have lost their careers due to things getting maybe a little over PC, I have friends who work in the glamour industry and are really struggling recently due to all the upheaval. As long as nobody is being forced to do something they're uncomfortable with I don't have any issues with it, I'm quite happy to go and have a night out with my girlfriends and go to a male strip show or a bar full of hunky waiting staff, you don't hear people complaining that those men are being objectified!
I appreciate we all have our own views and opinions but surely if something isn't for you then just move on, it's as if we're not allowed to enjoy ourselves anymore incase we offend somebody.
Going back to the darts tho, it's a completely different game now from how I remembered it growing up. I loved watching darts at the lakeside with my family, all the hype, the players were such characters and flamboyant all drinking, smoking and having a good time, all the glamour associated with it and of course the women. it was really entertaining then, now it's been made so serious it's pretty boring to watch imo!
If you want to shout me down then please go ahead, as we all know we're all differ X

LadyNel

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Time for it all to go. It's a little pathetic in this day and age.

Women's sport is on the rise in a big way, we have rugby, football and cricket really showing some potential. Time to admire those women for the right reasons

Reactions: 950483

Yes darts. Who'd have thought it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42841620

Now for an end to grid girls, ring girls, and random decorative 'girls' in general at sporting events. Also, has anyone else noticed the absurdity when women's sporting events have random decorative 'girls'?

Well this small victory makes me want to find out how to play darts. I'm going to need darts, and a dartboard, and a picture of Donald Trumps face.

I loved playing darts as a kid. Still am pretty good with a Bow.

Ok, little story here. ME.......and my best friend, Bout 8 to 10 years of age William Tell and Robin Hood were on the Tele. So my mate and I decided to come up with our own cross bows...long bows.

My dad had a bench saw so we ran a saw cut down a couple of pieces of timber about 600mm..(2feet) back then. screwed a cross piece to the end. Fixed a bicycle tube two two nails on each side of the cross piece and placed darts from the dart boards we had as our arrows.

They flew so friggin far............we used to set up little plastic soldiers in my back yard, we sat on his back steps and let fly one after the other.

These days, you would have had parents freaking out, and media helicopters looking for wayward 10 year olds with deadly weapons wishing to take out the President. I could write an encyclopedia on my kidhood that would make parents of now go pale.

Guess we had more sense back then...yet more sense of survival and what was the pointy end.

Those were the days when Mum's used to call out it was time to come home from the back steps, and the word was passed through the neighbourhood kids it was time to go home :)

Last edited by a moderator: