Darts

I

iatbcb2

I'm a little bit torn on this. On the one hand I don't like to see women being objectified but on the other it doesn't seem progressive telling women how they can and can't make a living. Sex is used to sell everything (to both men and women) so I'm not sure why it should be unacceptable at sporting events

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a little bit torn on this. On the one hand I don't like to see women being objectified but on the other it doesn't seem progressive telling women how they can and can't make a living.

There's this weird re-targetting of the issue away from the people who are setting up these events and towards the women who are hired to work them.

This isn't about women who model professionally. Model or don't model, I don't care.,

This is more about the people who structure these competitions and the extent to which their decision to hire bikini models has the effect of putting off / sending mixxed signals towards the audience, particularly in co-ed competitions where women are going to be there as competitors as well.

Not to exploit the "If I were a woman" trope, but If I could certainly see how it would be offputting if I were a competitive darts player attending or watching one of these competitions that's supposedly about the skill involved but they've got bikini clad women everywhere and no men... like it conveys this sense that women (even competitors) are just there for show because it's a show for a male audience.

The booth babes thing Fade mentioned hits closer to home. I'm a video game enthusiast. I'm married to a fellow gamer (yay), but I like women and on the whole I feel like the industry and the gameplay would all be better if more women were playing (or more accurately, if more women were playing the same types of games I play). Bikini models all over the place doesn't facilitate that, it runs contrary to it. It's an immediate red flag to any woman who attends one of those expos that they're on "men's turf". If they already like video games, I'm sure women will be likely to put up with it, but it's a hostile message towards female newcomers that they're not welcome.

Sex may sell, but when a company or organization is focusing that advertising towards men it taints the whole thing with an air of sexism.

Yes darts. Who'd have thought it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42841620

Now for an end to grid girls, ring girls, and random decorative 'girls' in general at sporting events. Also, has anyone else noticed the absurdity when women's sporting events have random decorative 'girls'?

Well this small victory makes me want to find out how to play darts. I'm going to need darts, and a dartboard, and a picture of Donald Trumps face.

This is what is on the Tele here in Australia..............https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens-afl

Women's Cricket..........https://www.cricket.com.au/news/wom...twork-live-stream-wbbl-network-ten/2017-08-04

Am bloody sorry the rest of the world can not keep up with our Women.

Reactions: 950483 and LadyNel

There's this weird re-targetting of the issue away from the people who are setting up these events and towards the women who are hired to work them.

This isn't about women who model professionally. Model or don't model, I don't care.,

This is more about the people who structure these competitions and the extent to which their decision to hire bikini models has the effect of putting off / sending mixxed signals towards the audience, particularly in co-ed competitions where women are going to be there as competitors as well.

Not to exploit the "If I were a woman" trope, but If I could certainly see how it would be offputting if I were a competitive darts player attending or watching one of these competitions that's supposedly about the skill involved but they've got bikini clad women everywhere and no men... like it conveys this sense that women (even competitors) are just there for show because it's a show for a male audience.

The booth babes thing Fade mentioned hits closer to home. I'm a video game enthusiast. I'm married to a fellow gamer (yay), but I like women and on the whole I feel like the industry and the gameplay would all be better if more women were playing (or more accurately, if more women were playing the same types of games I play). Bikini models all over the place doesn't facilitate that, it runs contrary to it. It's an immediate red flag to any woman who attends one of those expos that they're on "men's turf". If they already like video games, I'm sure women will be likely to put up with it, but it's a hostile message towards female newcomers that they're not welcome.

Sex may sell, but when a company or organization is focusing that advertising towards men it taints the whole thing with an air of sexism.
Yeah, you obviously don't come from the land down under. Bu if you be from the land where people elect pussy grabbers.........ok.

I went along to watch my daughter when she was doing highland dancing on the weekends, but throwing her female counterparts face down on the oval during the week playing AFL.

Sorry if you come from such a protected society. I protect my kids, yet never have felt the need to protect or segregate my daughters from my sons. I do feel at times we are subject to outright bullshit from media.

I will protect any of them to my death.

I explored creeks, rivers and oceans with my kids. They are not bullied by social media. Nor do they look for popularity from it.

Here in Australia AFL...is jokingly interpreted as " No Rules" . Watch a game. You may understand why.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, you obviously don't come from the land down under. Bu if you be from the land where people elect pussy grabbers.........ok.

I went along to watch my daughter when she was doing highland dancing on the weekends, but throwing her female counterparts face down on the oval during the week playing AFL.

Sorry if you come from such a protected society. I protect my kids, yet never have felt the need to protect or segregate my daughters from my sons. I do feel at times we are subject to outright bullshit from media.

I will protect any of them to my death.

I explored creeks, rivers and oceans with my kids. They are not bullied by social media. Nor do they look for popularity from it.

Here in Australia AFL...is jokingly interpreted as " No Rules" . Watch a game. You may understand why.

Apart from being completely off topic as usual, you're also flat out wrong wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_Women's_World_Cup_finals.

Come lecture USA about women's football (soccer) once you actually win a cup.

Reactions: 185248

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yay, the US has it all. Please watch a game of AFL, or NFL some time :)

We play without all the padding, hype and waffle..

Yeah man, US women's soccer is a bunch of pretty princesses.

Our women's rugby teams are a bunch of dainty flowers too. Poor pampered, padded little things.

Meanwhile, in men's soccer...

Fuck off.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Sorry if you come from such a protected society. I protect my kids, yet never have felt the need to protect or segregate my daughters from my sons.

vibrationzzz said:
Off topic? Perhaps to a person who lived a protected childhood.

What the fuck is wrong with you? The sum total of your posts across several forums is a picture of a self-congratulatory, confrontational asshole with an unfounded superiority complex. No wonder so many people have you on ignore.

D

deleted924715

I'm quite happy to go and have a night out with my girlfriends and go to a male strip show or a bar full of hunky waiting staff, you don't hear people complaining that those men are being objectified!

Um, that's one of the reasons I have no desire to go. The whole concept of objectification makes me really uncomfortable in general and I think there is a cultural expectation for a man not to express displeasure at being groped, regardless of if he minds or not. Especially in that role. But hey, if it someone's job and they enjoy it, nobody crosses the line and they don't feel exploited, more power to them. If they enjoy it.

However, male strippers on the sidelines of a netball game? I don't care how much they might enjoy it, it's not appropriate

What the fuck is wrong with you? The sum total of your posts across several forums is a picture of a self-congratulatory, confrontational asshole with an unfounded superiority complex. No wonder so many people have you on ignore.

Wow! Do I really care if 10 people in the world have me on ignore on a site where I wish to express my opinions? Oh...maybe 20, 50?

You way over estimate LPSG popularity in the scheme of things.

If you said to me I was a liar, I may take offense in some small way, and point out to you your own indiscrepancies through your time here.

Not all of what I say here is in the correct place or 100% lines up with the planets, Universe or forums.

That's who I am. If you don't like it, then I am glad I am on ignore for those who do not understand it, or have the inclination, the patience, to understand anything accept their own point of view.

Thanks for pointing my faults out, of which I have many. I'm not wired with the usual mundane red, brown, black or green. Perhaps you are.

I do admit at times I become arrogant. Perhaps I can place the blame on Scott and German heritage to some extent. Yes, I am sometimes confrontational. I am not here to make friends, but to speak my mind, most of the time 90% of which is humour or dark humour.. Hence, my unwillingness over time to accept friendhood.

Yes, I can sometimes be an arsehole. But, who isn't. I am more aware of those who are not.

Last edited by a moderator: