Date Night

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What did I miss?
Are you married now NJ?
No, you didn't miss anything. Who would I be married to, with you all the way in the Lone Star state? :frown1:

Men don't really care about all the stuff you are doing.[/QUOTE] So you say. :rolleyes: But the men women stop and stare at, the ones that get asked to dance at clubs, or out to lunch by the water cooler, are the ones who have gone through the prep work that I mentioned. Hell, half the female population does this anyway just to go to work. :cool:

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Men don't really care about all the stuff you are doing.[/QUOTE] So you say. :rolleyes: But the men women stop and stare at, the ones that get asked to dance at clubs, or out to lunch by the water cooler, are the ones who have gone through the prep work that I mentioned.

Do not make the assumption that they are being stared at and asked out because of make up, latest hair style, choice of clothes.

Men like attractive women.
But I think that all the things the fashion industry has women spending money on is just a minor component of that attractiveness.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pitbull darlin, you just don't understand. :no: These are
Things I do for me even when there is not a man in my life:
Hair appointment - relaxer and trim every 6 weeks
Mani-pedi - manicure twice a month, pedicure once a month
Waxing - once every 4-6 weeks brows, lip, chin
Go to the drag queen at the M*A*C counter in the good Macy's for makeover. Buy everything the drag queen uses on me. - Once every 4-6 weeks. (haven't done this since I stopped working)
Take long, hot shower - daily, sometimes twice a day.
Shave pits and legs - as needed, usually every other day even during the winter, or when not seeing anyone.
Moisturize temple to toe - Daily, sometimes twice a day in winter as I have very dry skin
Brush teeth & floss :biggrin1: 2-3 times a day. Hey! If you had spent as much money on dental work as I have you would want to maintain it as well.
Do hair - daily
Get dressed - daily

Do not make the assumption that they are being stared at and asked out because of make up, latest hair style, choice of clothes.

But I think that all the things the fashion industry has women spending money on is just a minor component of that attractiveness.
Most men, including you have no idea what it takes for a an average woman to look attractive. :irked: Many of you say you like your women to look natural, or go without all the goop and makeup. :rolleyes: Yet you have no idea how many billions of dollars are spent each year to obtain that natural look. Many of the natural beautys you think aren't wearing any makeup, ARE wearing makeup. :irked.

18,000 plus posts
Good God Woman! We all know you.
It's not really that high, I think Rob_E started counting gallery comments again in post counts.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I"m a wash and go type of girl. You get, clean body that smells of soap not cologne or perfume, clean hair that smells of smelly shampoo, breath that is minty, clean clothes that match the occasion, eye liner and lip stick if you're lucky. I take longer picking out the bling than anything else.

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
As long as you're clean, wearing what's suitable for the venue/activity (no heels for a walk in the park, no tees-n-jeans for a dinner in a good restaurant and such) and only fashionably late I'd already be more than happy. Wash and go is more practical but this doesn't mean I won't appreciate all the extra effort the lady puts in to look pretty for the date.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media

*snip*

To be honest though, it's a battle to try and look better than the other women. At least if you look better than them, you'll have the confidence that men are attracted to.

Some women do wear too much makeup where the best thing they could do is take better care of their skin, because that's where natural radiance comes from. I still promote Mary Kay for this reason, because freakish scents or not, I have seen it work miracles where prescription creams could not.

NJ, you mentioned that some women go through all that just to go to work... I know! Drives me bonkers. I had co-workers at the historical park try to get away with a little "natural makeup", except that women don't have natural black lines around the perimeter of their eyes.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I met my husband when i had about 1/8th of an inch of hair. I still put on a little makeup at that time to look feminine in spite of having a shaved head. I can tell you that you can meet a wonderful guy even if you have no hair. You dont have to have painted toe nails, make up applied with a spatula, hotrolled hair, a designer outfit.

I had more men approaching me when i had a shaved head, why? Because it inditicated i was self confident. They didnt feel like i looked like the cheerleader captain. There was something definitely unique going on about me. They were attracted to my confidence. This says a lot about what men are attracted to in a woman.

Many people meet their spouse when they are in jeans, shopping in the grocery store. You dont have to go out of your way to look like a beauty queen. In fact, most men are completely intimidated by women that look like that in their every day life. A woman who has to look her absolute best everywhere she goes tends to: Be a bitch, very insecure and look horrible without make up. Who wants to wake up next to that every morning?

The more you do to fix up, the more paranoid and nervous you appear, the more if makes the other person wonder how many years its been since you've been on a date and why you are trying so hard. It says a lot psychology about high maintanence. Many people would rather be alone than chained to an insecure, high maintanence woman.

It's a little much if you are getting teeth cleanings, colonoscopies and eyelash extensions before a date. If caking on the make up, getting an updo and buying new dresses is the criteria for a first date- you are sending a message that you are working too hard to impress with your features. If this is just "who you are" everyday, you are similar to a picky drag queen and most straight men arent remotely attracted to that type.

Also, a man might stare at what we would call a fixed up woman, but that doesnt mean he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. If you are looking for a man to settle down with, be the woman this type of man is attracted to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Men and women both are attracted to confidence. The best way to show confidence is not to appear frumpy, insecure or uncomfortable with yourself. You can fix up (no one loves make up more than i do) but going way out of your way to look glamourous is not necessary. Women like to primp and look their best, sometimes we go a little too far trying to look the way WE would like, not necessarily what HE would like.

We also tend to assume if a little make up is good then a lot must be even better.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm a wash-and-go girl. I can be ready in 10 to 30 minutes depending (30 minutes if I shower; my hair is a BITCH to wash though so I avoid it if I can get away with it).
I don't wear make-up (maybe lip gloss and that's a big maybe) or do anything with my hair beyond washing and combing it. I either wear it down or in a bun. I have never blow dried my hair (I don't own any hair styling devices).
I wear jeans or skirts & t-shirts. Anything super simple.
I like it when people genuinely appreciate this about me, and I wouldn't do well to date someone who wants a woman who wears make-up every day or one that wears designer clothes all the time.

Last edited:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was single I was just like njqt! It took me literally hours, even more for a first date, and it's been over 10 years since my last first date.

Caps loves that I can be ready in 10 minutes now, but if we're going out for a date date, like an anniversary or something, I'll take a few hours getting ready. He doesn't know that, though. Well, didn't know until now!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You don't have time for a date!
Of course I do! :irked: :tongue: The entire process of showering, dressing, and putting on full makeup* for a dinner out at a nice restaurant takes me maybe 45-60 minutes.

FWIW: One of my degrees is in fashion, I was in retail management for many years. In addition, I used to be a runway model for bridal shows. I am always aware of current fads and styles in fashion even if I choose not to wear them. I do not believe that being aware of the latest style makes one shallow even if they do wear it.

To be honest though, it's a battle to try and look better than the other women. At least if you look better than them, you'll have the confidence that men are attracted to.

I'm not trying to look better than other women I'm just trying to be the best me I can. Hell I look better w/o makeup, standing barefoot in the kitchen with ripped jeans and an old t-shirt, than many women do in designer togs.
:cool: I know this because I've had at least 3 men tell me so. :yup:

Some women do wear too much makeup where the best thing they could do is take better care of their skin, because that's where natural radiance comes from. I still promote Mary Kay for this reason, because freakish scents or not, I have seen it work miracles where prescription creams could not.
Thus far, Proactive & Noxema antibacterial foaming cleanser work better for me than anything a dermatologist has prescribed for me in 20 years.
NJ, you mentioned that some women go through all that just to go to work... I know! Drives me bonkers. I had co-workers at the historical park try to get away with a little "natural makeup", except that women don't have natural black lines around the perimeter of their eyes.
:biggrin1: Okay, I am guilty of never leaving the house without mascara or lipstick. However, when I was a costumed docent at an 1830's iron works I kept it to mascara and chapstick in cold weather. I have short curly lashes even with mascara so it's not like I was sporting big ol' Liza Minelli lashes. :tongue:

*I don't do full makeup every day. :no:
Full makeup consists of:
foundation
powder
blush
mascara
eye liner
2-3 eye shadows neatly blended
lip liner
lipstick
As a Barbizon drop out I learned to apply all of the above in 6 minutes. :cool:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen face pics of Praying Mantis with and without makeup. She is blessed to be a true natural beauty not just here but I'm sure everywhere she goes. She has blemish free, alabaster skin accented by sparkling eyes and red hair. When men say they like red heads I think she is the type they envision. :cool: For women like her, makeup is gilding the lily.