Dating a Bisexual Man...A woman's perspective...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by diamond, Sep 5, 2011.

1. diamond

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hello,

I know I have been on hiatus far to long!!!

I recently started dating a bisexual man, and I must profess that not only is it exhilarating but refreshing as well, to be with a man who has no qualms about sharing his girl with other men.

Honestly, as a hardcore Sizequeen what better way to spend her evenings with a man whom a mental connection is forged but has the physical ability to enjoy his lovers on the side.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Seriously, I am not sure what cabbage patch I have been hiding under, but dating a bisexual man allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Obviously safe sex is always practiced.:tongue:

My question is to the other women of LPSG, and in particular to the ones who are in relationships with Bisexual men, what are your thoughts, and experiences thus far??:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

2. motorcityboy

motorcityboy Active Member

Albums:
    Great post ! I wish there was more women out there like you !

3. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've dated 3 bisexual men in my life. I have to say, I kind of prefer it. Maybe it was the men themselves, but they seemed far more open sexually and certainly could be eager participants in threesomes with either men or women. I just liked it. Even a monogamous relationship seemed easier with a bisexual man. No hangups or areas of the body that he kept off limits to me. Just to be free sexually one hundred percent. Heaven!

4. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

I've never dated a bisexual man but I think it would be a good experience exactly for the reasons stated above.

5. bunygirl

bunygirl New Member

Albums:
    I've dated a bisexual guy and had a couple of fwb bi men. I like them more than straight men, they are much more uninhibited. They tend to be more experimental also. The only downfall I've ever seen to bi men is the stigma they get, at least in the swinging community, where they're looked at as potential disease carriers (which I think is hypocritical, since a swinger is participating in just as much risky behavior as a bi man could be).

6. B_penispenispenis37

B_penispenispenis37 New Member

Don't conflate bisexuality with a willingness to have non-monogamous relationships. They aren't the same exact thing.

Perhaps a good question is, in in the experience of women here: are bisexual men more likely to enjoy a relationship where others are brought in?

7. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

I can see how dating a bisexual man is a woman's issue. She would have twice the competition and half the rewards (that's just in theory). Your mileage may vary.

8. ArtofDesire

ArtofDesire New Member

hmm, I had not really thought about it that way, but I can see where that might be true. Would it mean that she actually gets less sex because he's splitting his time between her and his man? Would she feel that she is in competition for his attention? All good points to consider...

9. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

How many people consider those points?

10. bunygirl

bunygirl New Member

Albums:
    I hadn't considered the points ArtofDesire made, but they didn't seem to be an issue for me and the bi men I'd been with. Mostly because we accepted male partners we both liked into the bedroom to join us.

I can see how it could be a problem though. Would it not be the same issue if the situation was reversed, the guy dating a bisexual woman who has a girlfriend on the side? I definitely don't see a relationship with a bi person working out for very long unless the bi activities are incorporated into the physical relationship. Dividing one person's attention to be with a gf at one time, then with a bf at another time would be, well, exhausting. At least if you intend to have any meaning to the relationships with either person. Everyone would lose in the end.

11. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

Sorry babe, seems like you already worked your way out of that one.

12. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    In my case, one bi guy had lovers on the side - we both did. That was our relationship and the agreed parameters. Second one, a lover was brought in for both of us to enjoy. Third - monogamy was all we wanted.

I was young with the first two. I think that I did feel a sense of competition. The sex was great, the guys were great. The first one left me for another woman and the second left me for a guy. I was always wondering if I was enough. The third guy made me feel like I was enough. Love is love. He can love a man or a woman. Leaving me had nothing to do with him being bi. Him leaving me was the worst thing in the world. I only hope to find someone half the man he was.

13. B_Coconutz

B_Coconutz New Member

Never limit yourself.

14. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You are right. Thanks. :smile:

15. shaguar

shaguar Member

What is bisexual? Does orally bi count, or do you have to take it in the majayjay?

16. Daisy

Gold Member

I would be SO happy if my bf were willing to do that but he's not. I agree with all of the reasons the OP pointed out. That would be awesome. Oh well..

17. Something_Else

Wow...Refreshing cool thread! Nice to hear this perspective by women that have been involved with a bisexual man.
    Brought a smile here :)

18. rtg

rtg
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'd be keen to try it. I dated a guy last year who was bi but he denied it.

19. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If he ever changes his mind.....:naughty: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :tongue:

20. v32bone

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As a bi guy I agree that the stigma is prevalent not only in the swingers community but in the nline dating world as well. I find by men identifying publicly online as straight and then hitting up bi and gay men something pervasive all over the online community as man of you point out on lpsg as well. This I think is one good thing about the % gay/straight ratings on lpsg. Helps some folks at least feel more comfortable identifying their own proclivities.

Also agree wholeheartedly. My female partners are most often bi and I much prefer it for the same reasons: they seem more uninhibited, open and less jealous. As someone who has been in a couple of long-term poly relationships I believe the bi-nature of all involved made our relationship decisions so much easier.

Draft saved Draft deleted