Dating A Co-workers ex, unknowingly

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by BremerChick, Mar 11, 2007.

1. BremerChick

BremerChick New Member

Albums:
    So what if you met this really cool guy and everything and your interested in him and then it turns out that he was married to your co-worker how would you handle this?

2. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    If he's an ex- it would depend on my relationship with the coworker. I wouldn't date my roommate's ex, but I know him LOL - but Im pretty direct, Id have the 'conversation' probably with the coworker. Though I seriously doubt it would change my intention if I were really into the guy. :smile:

3. transformer_99

Gold Member

"Incestuous pool of labor", get out of that pool before it escalates.

4. BremerChick

BremerChick New Member

Albums:
    NOOOOO not the answer i want. but i like to swim maybe even skinnydip :) that makes sense right!

5. italbigbro

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Im Sorry I have to agree with Transformer........... The Best addvice i can give is............Don't Shit Where You Eat

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Ditto....

7. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

If he's an ex, why should I bother? The only problem might be that eventually you two could get invited by your co-worker, that'd be likely to become an evening full of badly-aimed pieces of custard pie flying around, or probably a very silent evening.

As an addition to that, I should maybe say that in 20 years of living at AFB's, I find it nothing extraordinary to still see ex's, or ex's dating other women. I saw that nearly on a daily base.

8. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

He's her ex therefore it's no longer any of her business what he does. Although some people do feel rather proprietary about ex's feeling the only reasonable thing for an ex to do is join a monastery or castrate himself, certainly not go around having sex with other women EVER. I don't feel you have to ask her permission to see someone who's now a part of her past.

9. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

If you are friends with your co-worker just out of respect and good faith id say keep away from him. If you dont know her very well then all bets are off and go for it girl.:wink:

Probably best to make sure he and her are on good terms too so you dont get caught in the middle of their sticky situation

10. Shelby

Gold Member

Um, why don't you just ask her?

11. BremerChick

BremerChick New Member

Albums:
    Asking her would be one of those awkward moments and to tell you the truth I dont think she would be honest newayz. I mean sometimes intuition just tells me the best idea would be to think about it first

12. Shelby

Gold Member

You're probably right. My wife says she can hardly believe she's hearing the words that come out of my mouth sometimes.

13. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

Thats a tough one...

...OB

14. ruffboy

Gold Member

three-way is the only reasonable solution ;-)

i JEST, i JEST with you!

workplace romance, very difficult. ex's and all, very difficult. gotta be easier opportunities out there for a sexy young things such as yourself.

but as for this one, imo it all depends on what you're going for i guess, if its just a wacky one-shot NSA time, i'd probably go for it and keep it all on the downlow. if you're feeling he may be "the one" and you feel this is a shot at eternal happiness, definately go for it, those are rare. if its just a maybe possibly dating scene for who knows how long, no real huge long-term prospects, i'd say there's other fish in the sea and avoid all the drama that could very easily blow up in your face on this one.

applying some one size fits all rule to "when to date a co-worker's ex" is too cut and dry, black and white for a grey world.

and btw, is he hugely hung? then absolutely go for it ;-)

I JEST!!

Draft saved Draft deleted