Dating a guy with warts

fri2219

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had them. Dr. gave me a perscrition to an expensive ointment and that caused them to go away. End of story.

On can buy a kit to use on warts to freeze them... I think its nitrogen gas that freezes the tip of a qtip and that will freeze the wart.

No, it doesn't go away. Ever..

It integrates into your chromosome and expresses itself at a low level while your immune system mops up most of the residual viral particle production. The second your immune system is taken down by a few pegs by stress (cortisol), illness, or chemotherapeutics, it hops out and makes billions of copies of itself.

Please don't give advice when you're not informed and it has serious consequences.

One more thing- Human Papilloma and Herpes Viruses are quite different- here's some information written in plain English:

SparkyNYC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can I just point our that the vast majority of the population carries hpv , the virus that causes warts , and that most people are asymptomatic. If your guy has visible warts then he should go have then removed, beyond that, its a fairly minor issue....chances are you already carry the virus yourself...again, most people are asymptomatic. Still worried ? Ask your doctor for the gardasil vaccine, but he will probably tell you its not necessary. But whatever you do, ask a doctor rather than relying on lpsg md.

Alem0909

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You asked your parents for advice whether to blow him? Like, "hey mom, I've met this guy but he's got warts on his dick. What do you think, should I blow him?"

Hahaha! I said that but if you pick the right words, it doesn't sound so nasty at all... and it was my father the one who told me about the warts getting in the mouth, not mom!!

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I knew an Army recruiter in Columbus, MS when I lived there. He claimed he had a wart on the head of his cock. He was straight (I think) and I didn't have the guts to ask to see it.

One of my many mistakes in life. :mad: :frown1:

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Can I just point our that the vast majority of the population carries hpv , the virus that causes warts , and that most people are asymptomatic. If your guy has visible warts then he should go have then removed, beyond that, its a fairly minor issue....chances are you already carry the virus yourself...again, most people are asymptomatic. Still worried ? Ask your doctor for the gardasil vaccine, but he will probably tell you its not necessary. But whatever you do, ask a doctor rather than relying on lpsg md.

True. Though I'd still have issues about being with a guy that didn't have enough sense to get them removed. It suggests he's not taking care of his sexual health in general and not consulting doctors when he should.

nutcouple

Experimental Member
Media
i have never read such shit and ill informed crap by the majority of posters on this topic ! there are over a 100 hpv strains around , of which only a very few cause visible warts, perhaps about 6 strains. hpv has been linked to cervical cancer but those strains that cause visible warts are not those linked with cervical cancer. most people do however have an inbuilt resistance to hpv and even after contracting the wart producing hpv only about 10% of people will actually get the warts, meaning that some people are carriers and never produce warts but can inflict them on other people. condoms do not offer full protection as the warts can manifest themselves in all areas of the genitals , including the anus area. for the majority of people to contract the hpv virus small cuts or abrasions are the usually entry point. there are medications to help remove visible warts (freezing off as well) however the most succesful is the surgical removal as the wart "lives" in the sub skin tissue , frrezing is very succesful if the wart appears on the head of the penis as the skin is very thin in these areas and freezing does penetrate these lower areas. warts do normally appear somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 months after infection but stress can affect this....stress can lower the bodies immune system, allowing the virus to strike. the top and bottom of all this is.....no visible display of warts does not mean your partner is hpv free, visible warts indicate a non linked cervical cancer strain, but bear in mind that with over 100 strains of hpv in existence a person may have more than one strain. as stated , condoms do not give full protection anyway........my advice to you all ??..well if you live the person have sex , there are worse things out there !!!

nutcouple

Experimental Member
Media
i forgot to add, never use "over the counter" wart creams as these will burn you !! the "expensive ointment" mentioned does work for some people but can lead to skin burns and which will spread the warts (tissue from existing warts enters these vunerable areas) so its not suitable for everyone. also beware that oral sex can lead to the warts being developed in the mouth and throat, although very rare it can happen. verukkas are hpv but due to pressure they go inwards as opposed to surface, the reason they are called genital warts as opposed to those people get on hands , fingers (also hpv) is that these particular strains of the virus thrive in oxygen deprived and the more "wet" areas of the body. hope all this helps you people evaluate the risks of hpv, treatment and causes.

SparkyNYC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well said!

i have never read such shit and ill informed crap by the majority of posters on this topic ! there are over a 100 hpv strains around , of which only a very few cause visible warts, perhaps about 6 strains. hpv has been linked to cervical cancer but those strains that cause visible warts are not those linked with cervical cancer. most people do however have an inbuilt resistance to hpv and even after contracting the wart producing hpv only about 10% of people will actually get the warts, meaning that some people are carriers and never produce warts but can inflict them on other people. condoms do not offer full protection as the warts can manifest themselves in all areas of the genitals , including the anus area. for the majority of people to contract the hpv virus small cuts or abrasions are the usually entry point. there are medications to help remove visible warts (freezing off as well) however the most succesful is the surgical removal as the wart "lives" in the sub skin tissue , frrezing is very succesful if the wart appears on the head of the penis as the skin is very thin in these areas and freezing does penetrate these lower areas. warts do normally appear somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 months after infection but stress can affect this....stress can lower the bodies immune system, allowing the virus to strike. the top and bottom of all this is.....no visible display of warts does not mean your partner is hpv free, visible warts indicate a non linked cervical cancer strain, but bear in mind that with over 100 strains of hpv in existence a person may have more than one strain. as stated , condoms do not give full protection anyway........my advice to you all ??..well if you live the person have sex , there are worse things out there !!!

Media
quick question, sorry to wake up a dinosaur but I dont understand how people are so confused about whether or not they have HPV. Is it invisible to STD tests? Ive been tested numerous times in the past 8 months and today my doctor said she found a wart on my penis. Froze it. and that was that. She didnt seem too concerned what so ever.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Once you have warts, you have the virus forever. They episodes may come and go, but you can spread it sometimes even if you don't have warts. The virus lives in the nuron and will express its self through the nerve endings. That's why warts appear in a general area, its from that single nerve that was affected. If you see warts you should def. try to stay away so you don't get them. For some people they can come and go within a year, and some people can go every 15 years without having an episode.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didnt answer my question.
why did it not show up on an STD test. and why are all these people so confused over whether or not they have it. Shouldnt an STD test come back with a pretty conclusive answer?

i think its cause STD test, tests for bacteria, and herpes is a virus. you could probably get a HPV titer done and that would let you know if you have HPV

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think its cause STD test, tests for bacteria, and herpes is a virus. you could probably get a HPV titer done and that would let you know if you have HPV
Herpes and HPV are to totally different things.

Though they are both caused by viruses.

There are many medical boards that discuss this.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah thats what i meant ^^ i was reading some post back and it was HSV, then I saw another with HPV, but you are right nicodemous, they both are viruses, so you could get a titer done for either of those and that would tell you if you've been exposed to either of the viruses.

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
bahaha this is the most confusing topic ive ever read on here.
half the people claim its curable, half say you have it for life, and then some people keep mixing up herpes with hpv. wtf is going on here haha

That's because some people don't understand the difference between being treated and being cured. The fact that they sometimes don't reoccur also throws people off because when they get them removed they never come back. To them that's a "cure" but they still carry the virus and can pass it on. Others will have them come back each and every time after removal. It really just depends on the person.

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Almost positive you wouldn't want to freeze that kind of wart. He should be able to get an steriod cream (possibly anti viral) that would help get rid of them. I think like regular warts once youre immune system has built an immunity to them they shouldn't come back.