Dating Against Your Type, Yes or No?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Easy for you to say. :wink:
I am definitely open to meeting new men, and the dates have gone well. I just have to get past the initial lack of attraction.... *sigh* a work in progress. :tongue:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm usually attracted to tall, lanky men but rarely date them! I usually date tall, stocky men. (And that's not to say that I wouldn't date a shorter guy, I have - in fact, one guy I dated was the same height as me!). Ethnicity too - I've dated or had FBs of nearly all ethnicities (and it's not like I get around a lot - it just happened that way! The guy the same height as me was Asian, the guy I'm dating now is black, and my longest term relationship was with a tall, stocky-ish white guy...)

I'm much more unlikely to date against type when it comes to personality. I have grown a bit tired of the "intellectual comedian" types that I ALWAYS seem to attract, though. :biggrin1: I like it somewhat but it grows tiresome when everything turns into a joke. It's also important to me that the guy I date shares my political views (which is sometimes hard to find! But I hate to argue politics and don't want a guy who is too much like who I've been surrounded by for most of my life!), and it's really nice if he also shares my weird eclectic tastes in music and likes to travel.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm usually attracted to tall, lanky men but rarely date them! I usually date tall, stocky men. (And that's not to say that I wouldn't date a shorter guy, I have - in fact, one guy I dated was the same height as me!). Ethnicity too - I've dated or had FBs of nearly all ethnicities (and it's not like I get around a lot - it just happened that way! The guy the same height as me was Asian, the guy I'm dating now is black, and my longest term relationship was with a tall, stocky-ish white guy...)

I'm much more unlikely to date against type when it comes to personality. I have grown a bit tired of the "intellectual comedian" types that I ALWAYS seem to attract, though. :biggrin1: I like it somewhat but it grows tiresome when everything turns into a joke. It's also important to me that the guy I date shares my political views (which is sometimes hard to find! But I hate to argue politics and don't want a guy who is too much like who I've been surrounded by for most of my life!), and it's really nice if he also shares my weird eclectic tastes in music and likes to travel.
It seems like you are very open.

I like the intellectual comedian type. Nothing better than debating something, but having a bit of lightheartedness to then go to bed and fall asleep cuddling. :rolleyes: (I'm turning into such a girl)

Music and travel are also very important to me! Wanderlust is a good thing!
Sharing political and religious views is not important, as I like a bit of difference. But their has to be a mutual respect of the differences, especially with regard to religion.

Congrats on the new BF! :smile:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It seems like you are very open.

I like the intellectual comedian type. Nothing better than debating something, but having a bit of lightheartedness to then go to bed and fall asleep cuddling. :rolleyes: (I'm turning into such a girl)

Music and travel are also very important to me! Wanderlust is a good thing!
Sharing political and religious views is not important, as I like a bit of difference. But their has to be a mutual respect of the differences, especially with regard to religion.

Congrats on the new BF! :smile:

It's very important to have agreement on political views to me because my whole life I've been mostly surrounded by people on the opposite end of the spectrum (so I'm kinda wanting a guy who'll take up for my view when I'm attacked!). Religion is a bit different... I'm ok with people of different religions UNLESS they are fundamentalists (of ANY religion). I've broken up with two guys for being Bible-thumpers... But on the other hand one guy I dated once was a pushy atheist and I found that annoying, too. I guess the bottom line with religion is to not be pushy about it.