Dating at the gym

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Here's the situation:
Attractive girl works at the gym. She's only been there for about a month. Gives me sideways glances, makes attempts at conversation. I'm generally an asshole when I workout (I haaaaaaate socializing) but I've been cordial thus far.

As a rule, I don't eat where I shit. I've been an ardent supporter of that philosophy since the dawn of time. However, she's cute in all sorts of ways. Smells good. Pleasant voice. I WANT to ask her out but I also know there are many risks involved. And I can't go to a new gym because...this one is 2 miles from me and is the cheapest in the area :biggrin1:

I know, I know. The seemingly obvious answer is to back off and look elsewhere. Unfortunately, I've been single for awhile and elsewhere isn't providing me with an adequate number of potentials. I have needs, damnit! Not just sexual.

Tell me your personal experiences with this. Who's dated at the gym? The good, the bad, the ugly; I want to hear it all.

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here's the situation:
Attractive girl works at the gym. She's only been there for about a month. Gives me sideways glances, makes attempts at conversation. I'm generally an asshole when I workout (I haaaaaaate socializing) but I've been cordial thus far.

As a rule, I don't eat where I shit. I've been an ardent supporter of that philosophy since the dawn of time. However, she's cute in all sorts of ways. Smells good. Pleasant voice. I WANT to ask her out but I also know there are many risks involved. And I can't go to a new gym because...this one is 2 miles from me and is the cheapest in the area :biggrin1:

I know, I know. The seemingly obvious answer is to back off and look elsewhere. Unfortunately, I've been single for awhile and elsewhere isn't providing me with an adequate number of potentials. I have needs, damnit! Not just sexual.

Tell me your personal experiences with this. Who's dated at the gym? The good, the bad, the ugly; I want to hear it all.

Personally i think you need to jump the fence :) *giggles* lol not very helpful i guesse

Seriosly though the hearts gotta go where the hearts gotta go making rules is all good an well but the heart dont care about the rules and by the end of it youll be miserable if you try to stick to them your heart will see to that... take the risk if it works out great if it doesnt work out then your heart will forgive you....

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is this any different from meeting a woman from the bar? Or a nightclub?

I can see why you aren't asking her if she were a co-worker, a client or a boss.

Ask her out on a date. And you don't have to fuck or anything.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Oh whats the worst that could happen? You go out, you fuck her a few times, and then you decide it isn't going to work out (pun intended). So she goes about her life and you go about yours. She goes to work at the gym, you go to work out, you see each other, big deal. Just make sure you give her a good time in the bedroom, and you're fine.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

I can see why you aren't asking her if she were a co-worker, a client or a boss.

I was going to post this.
Co-workers are often bad news.
But just someone who's at the gym?
I wouldn't call that shitting where you eat.
Especially if she seems at all mature.
(We'll assume that Hugo is.)

Last edited:

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media

I never fuck on the first date! Anyway, it's different from the bar or a nightclub because I'm at the gym 6 days a week. I see her 6 days a week! I go to bars and nightclubs MAYBE twice a month and not often the same ones. There are a few around me so I can rotate. The only place I spend more time at than the gym is my home! I freelance so I work from home and have no co-workers.

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Oh whats the worst that could happen? You go out, you fuck her a few times, and then you decide it isn't going to work out (pun intended). So she goes about her life and you go about yours. She goes to work at the gym, you go to work out, you see each other, big deal. Just make sure you give her a good time in the bedroom, and you're fine.

I can't guarantee a good time in the bedroom. I'm pretty bad at sex. There are waaaaaaay too many holes to keep track of

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I never fuck on the first date! Anyway, it's different from the bar or a nightclub because I'm at the gym 6 days a week. I see her 6 days a week! I go to bars and nightclubs MAYBE twice a month and not often the same ones. There are a few around me so I can rotate. The only place I spend more time at than the gym is my home! I freelance so I work from home and have no co-workers.

Well, if you are at the gym that often...don't ask her out. Overexposure.

kaizen4000

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hugo... I totally understand where you are coming from. I also go to gym 6x a week and also make it a rule not to involve myself sexually with people there. All I can suggest is that you start being friendlier with her, start talking more and take the cues from that. If there are deeper feelings then rethink, and as others have suggested the next step is coffee.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I can't guarantee a good time in the bedroom. I'm pretty bad at sex. There are waaaaaaay too many holes to keep track of

Maybe if you had sex on the first date you'd get a little better at it. Or maybe I' a slut.

Every woman I've ever met had a fairly limited number of holes. My general rule of thumb is to stick to one at a time.

Even if you do end having some awful sex with this young lady and she blabs to her girlfriends, that might not be the worst thing. I recall a college roommate who got into that situation. A girl who heard how bad he was and thought he was cute decided to give him some 'lessons.' They are now married.