Dating During Covid

Martinbigs

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(Kinda long) Hello all! Hope you are doing well. I am looking for some advice for dating during Covid. So this lock down has been rough on all of us, and having it starting while being single did not help. My dating life, which already was not stellar, went down hill fast. Well that’s a bit of an understatement, it was basically a pick up truck going off the edge of a cliff. I’ve tried the online dating, but I’m pretty shy and don’t seem to garner much interest on my online profiles. So I was hoping for some advice.
Are there any alternatives you have found during this time to online dating? If so what were the results?
Is there any advice you can give a guy about online dating? I.E. how to make his profile more interesting, how to keep someone interested after you match but you can’t meet up, ideas for safe dates with matches.
Hope to hear from you soon!

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My dating life, which already was not stellar, went down hill fast. Well that’s a bit of an understatement, it was basically a pick up truck going off the edge of a cliff.

you need to address this first. COVID is not your problem if you were already doing shitty in the dating department already. i have to ask though, why are you dating and for what purpose? this is important in how you frame yourself in the dating market and therefore will also affect the outcomes you're looking for. you need to be dating with purpose otherwise you're just wasting your time as well as the women you date.

I’ve tried the online dating, but I’m pretty shy and don’t seem to garner much interest on my online profiles.

online dating is all first impressions and all visual. how tall are you? how much do you weigh? what's your bodyfat percentage? do your clothes fit well? all this matters when it comes to profile pictures. you should be presenting your best but realistic "you". if you're not in shape then don't even bother online dating. go hit the gym, get some gains or drop some weight, then go back into the dating market.

Is there any advice you can give a guy about online dating? I.E. how to make his profile more interesting

go and read my response above again... then once you've achieved that you want to be very specific about what you're looking for in your profile. i'm dead serious on this. if you don't know what you want then don't even bother. don't play the "i'm out here feeling it out to see what i like" bullshit. no vague shit either. none of that "i want a woman who is like-minded and strong"... wtf does that even mean? instead, say "i'm looking for a woman that likes anime, can cook a full meal, in shape, and weighs less than me" and yes, you will piss off many women out there who don't fit the criteria but that's the whole point, right? weed out the candidates that you don't care to date. the beauty of this is that if you come out asking for specifics followed by what you are offering in return, it paints a more confident and no-bs type of guy, plus it also means you get what you want and the ladies know what they're getting into.

how to keep someone interested after you match but you can’t meet up, ideas for safe dates with matches.

here's the thing, you shouldn't have to "keep someone interested" in you after you match. the point is that if a women is interested in you, she will stay interested. trust me on this. if you check all her boxes or the majority of them, she will stick around regardless. besides, if she doesn't check all your boxes then why even care if she's interested or not? i will caveat that being socially-awkward will count against you so if this is you then i suggest you start talking to as many girls as you can to work out these social jitters and to get yourself and your personality to a place where you can converse with women on a more natural tone.

meeting in-person can be the last step. you can text-chat, video-chat, cam sessions, etc. without ever breathing the same airspace. i don't know why people make such a big deal about dating in the pandemic when it's just as easy. instead of a date at a restaurant, how about a date of snapchat? or zoom? believe me when i say that attraction doesn't have to happen in person. once you are ready to meet, i would suggest you both go get tested for COVID to make sure you both are negative then meetup, hug, and move forward with purpose or end it and move on to the next target.