Dating exes.

Would you date an ex?

• Sure why not. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No, they're my ex for a reason and they're going to stay that way.

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Maybe, depending on the circumstances of the breakup.

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm sure this has probably been done at some point before, but if it has then it's been a while. I was wondering, though... how do you guys feel about dating exes?

An ex boyfriend of mine from 2.5 years ago is back into my life and he's been hounding me about going out with him on a date. I think the connection is still there, but for whatever reason I've been extremely trepidatious about going out with him. But last night I finally agreed to it, figured it couldn't hurt to go out for one date and see what happens...

Last edited:

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Game: You lost it. At least you get a free meal, but otherwise try hard to remember why you left him, or he left you, because odds are neither of you will change. Of course if it was due to familial politics that's different.

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I suspect it depends on the situation surrounding the breakup and the people involved. But in general, it's a bad idea, unless either person has gone through a life-changing experience in the time since.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Me a few months ago would have said, go for it!! What's the harm? But consider the reason you broke up in the first place. Consider his treatment of you after the fact. Consider if he has changed or you have changed any of those reasons you broke up in the first place.

If there was abuse, total cruelty after the break up and no change in the ex then, no. Do not. Go see him for coffee, during the day if you must to pique your curiosity...but do not date him again. At all.

Last edited:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It very much depends on the reason why you broke up in the first place. If something has changed connected with why you broke up then it's worth another go. If nothing has changed then you could be going back into things with "rose coloured specs".

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Game: You lost it. At least you get a free meal, but otherwise try hard to remember why you left him, or he left you, because odds are neither of you will change. Of course if it was due to familial politics that's different.

Well, we broke up fairly amicably. He broke up with me, but he had reason and the situation is different now.

Me a few months ago would have said, go for it!! What's the harm? But consider the reason you broke up in the first place. Consider his treatment of you after the fact. Consider if he has changed or you have changed any of those reasons you broke up in the first place.

If there was abuse, total cruelty after the break up and no change in the ex then, no. Do not. Go see him for coffee, during the day if you must to pique your curiosity...but do not date him again. At all.

Yeah, in response that first part... that's the only reason I'm going out on this date at all!

It very much depends on the reason why you broke up in the first place. If something has changed connected with why you broke up then it's worth another go. If nothing has changed then you could be going back into things with "rose coloured specs".

That's how I feel in general.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess it just comes down to the reasons why you broke up.

If you broke up for negative reasons, probably not a good idea.

If you broke up for practical reasons, then you might just pick up where you left off.
A practical reason would be moving away for a period of time.

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most everyone agree that it depends on why you broke up and you said it was amicable. If you think things may have changed and he is worth a try, then go for it. You never know.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, if we are speaking about me, I tend to move on. Not a big fan of revisiting the past. Whether it was good or bad. By the time we meet again, we are different people in a sense. There are so many little changes that happen. The last relationship shapes me in one way shape or form and I cannot go back to being that same person. And yet, it is hard to see past the past. It brings up old memories that are not relavant anymore.

This only applies to intimate settings. Reuniting with old friends is different.

So I dont see the point in ever going back with an ex. That ship has sailed on.

EL_Duderino

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
things change if you think it might work at this point in your life, then give it a go. if it doesn't work out then be ready to abandon ship quickly.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd be cautious...have the reasons that caused the breakup been altered? If not, I wouldn't touch it. If so... well, maybe, as long as it was understood that it was 50/50 (at best) that it could lead to more.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
People are saying as time goes on you change. That might actually mean you are more suited for him now.

A date is just a date, not a marriage proposal. You dated him because you liked something about him.

For me, absolutely I would. I actually had post breakup sex about 10 times over 6 years with one ex.

There was one girl who moved away, which is why we broke up, so if she moved back no doubt.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well if it's not about you and it's about how I feel then... We broke up for a reason and in my case they were either complete ass holes or they died. So I would not be open to revisiting a negative situation.
I was reluctant to post here or offer you advice on the situation because you know yourself and the other person and the reasons for the breakup and I don't!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm sure this has probably been done at some point before, but if it has then it's been a while. I was wondering, though... how do you guys feel about dating exes?

An ex boyfriend of mine from 2.5 years ago is back into my life and he's been hounding me about going out with him on a date. I think the connection is still there, but for whatever reason I've been extremely trepidatious about going out with him. But last night I finally agreed to it, figured it couldn't hurt to go out for one date and see what happens...

I will NEVER date an ex. Those beyotches broke up with me. They were fine without me then...they can sustain that feeling onward without me. That is how I feel on dating exes.

Not my current ex, but I would if it was different circumstances that neither of us could control (moving away, job, etc..)