Daverock's departure

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
novice_btm said:
Um, anyone have any insight as to why this morning I received this...?

Subject: Adios

His profile is completely cleared out, too.

I couldn't find anything in a search, that looked like a battle or falling out.
Sorry to hear that

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm sorry he's gone, too, but isn't such a quiet, dignified exit much better than the usual LPSG histrionics?

Admirable.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes. I have the reasons I believe but in respect to Dave I need to hear from him before I divulge anything. He's my closest confidant on this board and I respect his privacy. I may speak with him tonight since I owe him a good long chat over this business.

He's a rare breed our Dave and this place will be the sadder for his absence.

If he leaves for good (which I believe is his intent) I think we need to take a long hard look at how someone as noncontroversial as he would pull up stakes.

Dave's NOT about "drama".

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay here goes...

I've just gotten a nice email from Daverock.

He's asked that I tell you guys that he's just not really able to participate since the degeneration of the place has reminded him of situations from which he's extricated himself fairly recently (business-wise) in an effort to have his life feel lighter and more clean.

I can pretty safely say that he doesn't bear anyone or anything responsible for his decision. He'll correct me if that's wrong. But more it's that he's disinclined to participate (esp. given the events of the last few days) in all the smallness and intrigue and drama that's gone on. I sense it may actually take a physical toll on him.

As for my interaction with him;

I've always found Daverock the very soul of decency. He's very unlike me in that I'm a pitbull at times. Dave can always see the good in everyone. He's lovely and innocent in that regard and the world would be a better place IMO with more Daverocks. But by that same token he's not interested in getting down and dirty and I understand that.

I've had one slight bump in the road with Dave.

After I'd "Stronzoed" him one time I realized I'd wounded someone who did not deserve my misguided anger and I made concerted attempts at realizing Daverock is NOT Stronzo ... nor is he used to being "called out" no matter what the cause. He forgave me forthwith and we're the better for our "bump".

Put simply? He's a gentle man.

It's one of those rare qualities I see in the English quite often and that I wish I'd inherited a bit more of from my ancestors but so be it.

I think he may well take alex's advice and just impose a hiatus on himself until he feels better about things. But I'm sure in the meanwhile I can say without fear of admonishment that he's not leaving in a huff or anything like that and as Pecker said .. his manner of doing so is "admirable".

Such is the nature of Daverock.

(Hope I did him justice)

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He sent me the same message, Stonzo, explaining why he was leaving.

I respect him and his views immenselyand told him to keep in touch.

Novice--I really have to question why you would share this information in this way. Dave obviosuly did not want a big fuss to be made of his leaving. Not everything has to be turned into a drama fest or requires open discourse.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Lex said:
Novice--I really have to question why you would share this information in this way. Dave obviosuly did not want a big fuss to be made of his leaving. Not everything has to be turned into a drama fest or requires open discourse.
I'm not asking for drama, and I'm not making a big deal of it. I simply didn't see an obvious reason for him to leave, so I asked if anyone had any insight.

If anything, accusing me of drama, when I posed a simple question is drama. There's no drama here. There's been nothing but praise of Dave, until you threw this out. You could've dropped me a PM instead of THIS open discourse.