David Archuleta -- really swish

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Gross,hes 17,Geeeesh

Always been of a masculine demeanor and I doubt anybody would have ever called me “swish” because of my mannerisms but what’s wrong with pointing out somebody that is? It’s not like somebody pushes a button the day you turn 18 that makes you act or become gay or straight.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lets move or close this thread... before it does get out of hand.

Last edited:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
lets move or close this thread... before it does get out of hand.

Why close the thread? Saying somebody acts effeminate is not against the ToS here and if anybody posts something that is shouldn’t the Administrators/Moderators go after them personaly?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
1. David Archuleta is a minor and you are refering to him in a sexual context.
2. This post is totally unrelated to Celebrity Endowments and should be moved, as Deno stated.
3. So what if someone is swishy?

• Again, talking about somebody’s mannerisms is not “sexual context” unless you want to make it into sexual context but don’t speak for others.
  • Yes, this is more of a topic for the Et Cetera, Et Cetera section of this forum.
  • It’s a general observation like we all make and nothing wrong with stating ones opinion!

Christiaan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just out of curiosity, what has this rubbish "...HE'S ONLY 17!" got to do with whether you're gay or not? If it was mentioned there were rumors he fancied a blond female fan, you wouldn't say he's only 17 and can't have come out as straight!

Some of you lads are so parochial. I knew I liked boys when I was 13. Whether he's soft spoken or acts butch has nothing to do with his sexuality. Some of the butchest futbol players I know are gay as a goose - and they know it. Fortunately, it's much easier to be out in the EU than it is on the other side of the pond although I didn't walk around with a sign on my kit. Children anywhere can be very unkind.

I've seen several interviews featuring "Archie" as they call him, and this is what occurs to me.

One of my grandfather's brothers married a Mormon lady here in NL and part of their large family lives in Salt Lake City where Archie lives. I've visited them there and watching Archie's demeanor and listening to his answers, he isn't the standard cut-out 17 going on 18 year old Mormon boy going into his 4th year. In a crowded walkway you'd spot him as being on a different path from the other lads at first glance.

I believe his parents joined the Mormon Church when they lived in Florida, so he got dragged into it just the same as I did with being Catholic. My gut feeling is that once he gets away from having his parents, father especially, influence, you'll see him distance himself from the religion. He doesn't talk or push being Mormon every other word like the Osmonds do and I heard him verge on being testy when he finally had to comment on the subject.

As far as queer Mormons, there is a huge community of them in SLC, and Provo, in fact more than I would have thought there would be, especially due to the condemnation of homosexuality by the Mormon Church. Heck they're even against masturbation and if you think Archie doesn't enjoy a good wank, you're in another world.

So it isn't being soft spoken that tells me he's gay, it's the entire package. I hope he's straight, just because that's a whole lot easier lifestyle no matter where you live, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear one day that he's either been discovered with another boy or actually come out.

BTW, watch the announcement vids of the final show, Archie and Cook standing side by side, Cook with his arm around Archie's shoulder. Cook had to want to put his arm there and obviously Archie could have long ago let him know he didn't feel comfortable being touched.

You have to read the road signs. :cool222:

patrickva

Just Browsing
Media
He's a young guy and very sweet. Please don't cut him down for his "oh, gosh" demeanor. Isn't there something just a little refreshing about him in an age when even teenagers become so blase and profane. He's just adorable and has plenty of time to decide his orientation.

He's at an age where, even if he has some gay feelings, it's still terrifying to acknowledge them because you don't want to be different. And, in his age, there are also strong religious strictures against homosexuality. He will know soon enough.

mykal923

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hes queerer then a 3$ bill if u look at his past performances on star search all he sang were songs by women
He has more hand gestures then a gay mime
Thats my 2 cents anyway
Even if hes only 17 it doesnt matter u can talk about him its not like were saying we wanna have sex with him or anything
Just glad to see another family member

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just out of curiosity, what has this rubbish "...HE'S ONLY 17!" got to do with whether you're gay or not? If it was mentioned there were rumors he fancied a blond female fan, you wouldn't say he's only 17 and can't have come out as straight!

It has nothing to do with whether or not you're gay, it has to do with whether or not you're underage according to US law.

We cannot discuss people here who are under 18 in a sexual context. This thread is already skirting dangerously close to that, particularly because its in the Endowments forum.

Tovidious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How bizarre!!!!

Magazines all over the US, like Tiger Beat and 16, talk about underage teenagers and gossip about who they are dating, and even show "sexy" pics of them. Obviously that appears to be quite legal. (Someone correct me if they are indeed totally illegal and getting away with murder.) People here opine on whether someone who is 17 may or may not be gay, and people freak out.

Discussing someone's gayness or straightness is NOT sexualizing them or lusting after them in any way. It is NOT, as one person tried to claim, "refering to him in a sexual context." There are many people who are gay or straight who do not even have sex. That is a different thing. It is not illegal in any sense of the word, as indeed the above mentioned magazines prove. Sexualizing them is a different story, and is not allowed on this site, but that is quite clearly not being done here. It may be true that this thread belongs under a different topic, and the moderateor probably should move it, but that is all.

What, do we now have to be careful about mentioning when a celebrity has a baby, how cute the baby is, since the baby is clearly underage? Since when did common sense seem to fly out the window? Hmmm, for that matter, why do they call it common sense when so few people have it????

It's fine to disagree about words and phrases someone uses and discuss whether that is any indication of whether they are gay or not, but grow up and don't slam anyone who disagrees with you. They are called personal opinions for a reason the last time I checked.

Tiger Beat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Media
He's a 17 year old kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swish? This is your word and your definitions about someone you do not know personally and has nothing to do with how that child defines his life. This is dribble.

When do we let up on this kind of thing?

trappedinthecloset

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
How bizarre!!!!

Magazines all over the US, like Tiger Beat and 16, talk about underage teenagers and gossip about who they are dating, and even show "sexy" pics of them. Obviously that appears to be quite legal. (Someone correct me if they are indeed totally illegal and getting away with murder.) People here opine on whether someone who is 17 may or may not be gay, and people freak out.

Discussing someone's gayness or straightness is NOT sexualizing them or lusting after them in any way. It is NOT, as one person tried to claim, "refering to him in a sexual context." There are many people who are gay or straight who do not even have sex. That is a different thing. It is not illegal in any sense of the word, as indeed the above mentioned magazines prove. Sexualizing them is a different story, and is not allowed on this site, but that is quite clearly not being done here. It may be true that this thread belongs under a different topic, and the moderateor probably should move it, but that is all.

What, do we now have to be careful about mentioning when a celebrity has a baby, how cute the baby is, since the baby is clearly underage? Since when did common sense seem to fly out the window? Hmmm, for that matter, why do they call it common sense when so few people have it????

It's fine to disagree about words and phrases someone uses and discuss whether that is any indication of whether they are gay or not, but grow up and don't slam anyone who disagrees with you. They are called personal opinions for a reason the last time I checked.

Tiger Beat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amen, brotha

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
1. David Archuleta is a minor and you are refering to him in a sexual context.
2. This post is totally unrelated to Celebrity Endowments and should be moved, as Deno stated.
3. So what if someone is swishy?

I am not referring to him in a sexual way at all. I'm describing his mannerisms as apparent on the Larry King Show.

jhbufford

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And if he is gay, what's wrong with that? Nothing at all. If he swishes, so what? That's who he is. Nothing wrong with that. He's a guy who is a guy and that is great.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
It's against the law to have effeminate mannerisms before the age of 18 in he US?

I placed this here because of the "celebrity" aspect, not the other thing. If a moderator wants to move it, fine.

You guys are getting paranoid.

It has nothing to do with whether or not you're gay, it has to do with whether or not you're underage according to US law.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
And if he is gay, what's wrong with that? Nothing at all. If he swishes, so what? That's who he is. Nothing wrong with that. He's a guy who is a guy and that is great.

Oh, God. You guys are fuckin' paranoid. Falling all over yourselves. Reading all sorts of bizarre bullshit into this. I didn't mean to imply there is anything wrong with being gay or effeminate, and I am not sexualizing him.

This is apparently too sensitive a topic for many of you, so I'll be moving on. Bye! :rolleyes:

chrstphrrr

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Magazines all over the US, like Tiger Beat and 16, talk about underage teenagers and gossip about who they are dating, and even show "sexy" pics of them. [/URL]

So...do you have a subscription to Tiger Beat? Or do you just don dark glasses and buy it at some out-of-the-way newsstand?