David Bowie and Jim Carroll

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mephistopheles, Sep 20, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok, I'm a fan of both David Bowie and Jim Carroll, more so of Jim Carroll...

Anyway, I was just looking t a picture or two and I think these two men look very much alike. But great musicians, both a bit strange, but never the less men the demand great respect.

http://www.concertlivewire.com/jpegs/concerts/bowiebla.jpg

http://www.musicobsession.com/Pictures/j/i/jimcarroll15117.jpg

And theres the whole thing of aging... Considering Jim Carrolls previous Habits it's no wonder father time has taken a bat to his feature.
    For those of you who don't know about Jiim Carroll:

For a good part of his younger life he was a huge heroine addict, and unlike Bowie he wasn't rich or famous, so he couldn't buy it on a whim, he was a poor young boy her hadta do something pretty bad things to get his drugs.

However, and this is the inspring bit, he overcame his addiction to heroin to become a peot, singer, and speaker(mostly to kids about drugs). He went a poor drug addicted boy in New York to an outstanding man who goes on to become very successful at displaying his artistic talent.

Anyway!

2. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
    What is Jim Carroll famous for...never heard of him.

3. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't really call him famous, but fame isn't hat makes a musician.

He released a few albums, on his first one Keith Richards played guitar. There was a movie in 1995 based on his book The Basketball Diaries. It had Leonardo DeCaprio and Mark Walberg... Low budget, but still a good movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted