David Bowie and Jim Carroll

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mephistopheles, Sep 20, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok, I'm a fan of both David Bowie and Jim Carroll, more so of Jim Carroll...

Anyway, I was just looking t a picture or two and I think these two men look very much alike. But great musicians, both a bit strange, but never the less men the demand great respect.

http://www.concertlivewire.com/jpegs/concerts/bowiebla.jpg

http://www.musicobsession.com/Pictures/j/i/jimcarroll15117.jpg

And theres the whole thing of aging... Considering Jim Carrolls previous Habits it's no wonder father time has taken a bat to his feature.
    For those of you who don't know about Jiim Carroll:

For a good part of his younger life he was a huge heroine addict, and unlike Bowie he wasn't rich or famous, so he couldn't buy it on a whim, he was a poor young boy her hadta do something pretty bad things to get his drugs.

However, and this is the inspring bit, he overcame his addiction to heroin to become a peot, singer, and speaker(mostly to kids about drugs). He went a poor drug addicted boy in New York to an outstanding man who goes on to become very successful at displaying his artistic talent.

Anyway!

2. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
    What is Jim Carroll famous for...never heard of him.

3. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't really call him famous, but fame isn't hat makes a musician.

He released a few albums, on his first one Keith Richards played guitar. There was a movie in 1995 based on his book The Basketball Diaries. It had Leonardo DeCaprio and Mark Walberg... Low budget, but still a good movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice