David Bowie in Jail. Mug shot

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In March of 1976 David was arrested for Pot possesion. This was a week before my friends and i were to see him at Madison Square Garden. It turns out the Pot wasnt his but a woman who was staying with him at the hotel. David's drug was Cocaine. We were all worried he wouldnt be able to do the show. He did and what a show it was. The Blinding white light of the stage with a hint of Fritz Lang was amazing. Now the Mug Shot shows The thin White Duke in jail.

efail

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think your avatar looks just like the late ( and VERY great ) Ian Dury. But I must say that diamond dogs is the dukes best ever.

Monster76

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WOW what a great shot!
He's one of my favs, that has got to be the best mugshot I have ever seen.
Thanks for that, it made my night.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good find! - I haven't seen those shots before.
I didn't see Bowie live until 1983,I'd like to have seen the '76 show but he only played in London and I couldn't make it.
David Hemmings filmed the shows but none of the footage has ever been shown,supposedly because 'Just A Gigolo' flopped and Hemmings/Bowie didn't want to remind anyone of their collaboration.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good find! - I haven't seen those shots before.
I didn't see Bowie live until 1983,I'd like to have seen the '76 show but he only played in London and I couldn't make it.
David Hemmings filmed the shows but none of the footage has ever been shown,supposedly because 'Just A Gigolo' flopped and Hemmings/Bowie didn't want to remind anyone of their collaboration.
Hemming's filmed the 78 tour and not the 76 tour. Very little footage has been seen beyond the rehearsals in Canada. Those in the know saying Bowie is sitting on all of this. Between unreleased Music and video its enough to fill an Airplane hanger. His 1995 album Outside he recorded over 28 hours of songs and only released less than one hour of it. I got a hold of 30 minutes of that 28 hours and its amazing.

efail

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey, thats just how I meant it. Take a look at any of Ians old footage, and a quick look at your avatar........like him in the elephant and castle days!!!

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You seen Bowie..how jealous can i be?
He goes by the nick Sailor. Every Bowie fan knows who Sailor is. Well posted on his site saying go meet Sailor as he comes back to New York on the QE2. I never went. He stayed and talked with everyone for nearly an hour. I missed out big time. They even did photo sessions of him on QE2

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
He goes by the nick Sailor. Every Bowie fan knows who Sailor is. Well posted on his site saying go meet Sailor as he comes back to New York on the QE2. I never went. He stayed and talked with everyone for nearly an hour. I missed out big time. They even did photo sessions of him on QE2

Did you know Bowie is responsible for the careers of Iggy Pop and Lou reed? He picked them both up whilst in American and took them back to London with him for shows.

Can you imagine the 3 greats together.. Amazing

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hemming's filmed the 78 tour and not the 76 tour. Very little footage has been seen beyond the rehearsals in Canada. Those in the know saying Bowie is sitting on all of this. Between unreleased Music and video its enough to fill an Airplane hanger. His 1995 album Outside he recorded over 28 hours of songs and only released less than one hour of it. I got a hold of 30 minutes of that 28 hours and its amazing.
You're right it was '78,I'm getting confused in my old age! :rolleyes:
Did you hear the interview with Brian Eno discussing the Outside sessions? He said a follow-up called Inside was complete,he thought it was the more interesting album of the two but the record company didn't want to release it.

You seen Bowie too..

Now im extremely jealous
I've seen him 6 times now.If you lived a bit nearer I'd have taken you with me!
Here's a review of the last time I saw him...

BBC - Manchester Music - Move/David Bowie review

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Did you know Bowie is responsible for the careers of Iggy Pop and Lou reed? He picked them both up whilst in American and took them back to London with him for shows.

Can you imagine the 3 greats together.. Amazing
Yes. The Album The Idiot by Iggy is one of his best. Bowie played all of the instruments on that record. My favorite Lou reed albums are Berlin and rock n' roll animal.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Im reading Iggy Bio now, and half way through it i cant say i care much for the man. Seems like a bit of an ego/asshole. However all that has been mentioned about Bowie has been positive, He gave Iggy money, equipment, a manager, access to a recording studio and Iggy fucked it all up by not appreciating, to much drugs and Booze. It was just as Bowie was kicking off with the Ziggy stuff, which is apparently based on Iggy. So not surprisingly Bowie (and Management) finally got sick of it and pissed Iggy off

As for Lou Reed albums - Transformer and Berlin :fing02:

Yorkie darlin' id happily go anywhere with you

my god was i born in the wrong era

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're right it was '78,I'm getting confused in my old age! :rolleyes:
Did you hear the interview with Brian Eno discussing the Outside sessions? He said a follow-up called Inside was complete,he thought it was the more interesting album of the two but the record company didn't want to release it.

I've seen him 6 times now.If you lived a bit nearer I'd have taken you with me!
Here's a review of the last time I saw him...

BBC - Manchester Music - Move/David Bowie review
Yorkie. They recorded 28 hours worth of songs. The outakes are better than the album. Amazing stuff.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My favorite Lou reed albums are Berlin and rock n' roll animal.
I think Berlin is his best solo album,I don't have Rock n' Roll Animal.Transformer and Magic And Loss are the runners-up for me.
I thought Songs For Drella was a great album too,where he reunited with John Cale to pay tribute to Andy Warhol.

Yorkie. They recorded 28 hours worth of songs. The outakes are better than the album. Amazing stuff.
I expect some of it will be released eventually.It seems that record companies prefer to keep re-releasing the same old stuff in greatest hits packages rather than promote something new.