David Duke addresses the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Industrialsize, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    And they say the Tea Party has no racist undertones(see if you can make it through Duke's little speech without screaming at your computer monitor):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9Wm1F9mtY&feature=player_embedded

Summary via Wonkette:
    A quick summary: The Tea Party is white as Baby Jesus’ supple ass cheek, which is how it should be, amen. The media is corrupting our children with its slimy Jew-values, and uh, Thomas Jefferson hated black people with a vengeance. See the common theme here? (All three of these things are Articles in the Constitution.)

Read more at Wonkette: Tea Party Not Quite White Enough For KKK’s Grandest Wizard David Duke

2. JTalbain

Gold Member

Wow. I wish more videos like this were made and shown to the Republican Party. I bet quite a few that were going to vote for a Tea Party candidate would stay home. He apparently doesn't realize that a good many more religious Republicans believe that we should make Israel safe for the Jews. He also neglects to mention that, regardless of what any of the founding fathers thought, we actually had no immigration laws until the 20th century, and then only thanks to the efforts of the KKK. This poem, an inscription on the Statue of Liberty's pedestal, used to be our stance on immigration:

The New Colossus
    Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

You won't see David Duke make mention of that poem I wager.​

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sadly, the Chinese Exclusion Act predates 1900 (if not the Klan). Immigration policy has been tied to racial and religious intolerance for a very long time. Wasn't Maryland founded so that Catholics would have some place to settle?

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    A home-grown, American, would-be Hitler. How nice.

This is so appalling that, other than the thought that I'd believed he'd gone away and so am surprised he's actually in Congress (which I find beyond disturbing), only makes me want to revoke the voting rights of anyone stupid or insane enough to vote for him. Much less anyone of his ilk.

He, his kind, and anyone who could take them seriously, are by far the deepest threat this country has ever faced.

5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    A hood and robe by any other name....

6. aglets

aglets Member

Albums:
    Duke sends out a speech and you tie him to the Tea party movement??? What if he sent that speech to the NAACP? You watch way too much MSNBC.

7. Rammajamma771

Rammajamma771 New Member

... and listening to too much NPR.

#7 Rammajamma771, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  8. Rammajamma771

Rammajamma771 New Member

... and listening to too much NPR.

#8 Rammajamma771, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The last three posts have officially dropped the IQ level of this forum by 20 points. :rolleyes:

10. Rammajamma771

Rammajamma771 New Member

Nope, IQ is still intact. I'm only stating that much is misrepresented on the Internet. Remember the shameful idiots who showed video of the Dept of Agriculture worker Shirley Sherrod who was fired on the orders of Pres. Obama's Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack because of a heavily edited video? Who is to say this video is completely accurate and unedited? My parents taught me long ago to believe nothing that I hear and only half of what I see with my own eyes.

11. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Is he?
    He was in the Louisiana House of Representatives two decades ago for two years.
    But is he now in Congress?
    I don't think so.

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I said the forum... not anyone in particular. I rest my case. :rolleyes:

Ummmmmm... yeah. It was a fabricated story that was started by a conservative blowhard and vehemently perpetrated by a news organization that was supposed to be "fair & balanced".

All one needs to do is a little research on the net and you'd find out that a link directing to a YouTube page that shows the exact same video appears on David Duke's personal website. I guess this answers your question as to the validity of the material presented by the OP?

However, considering the fact that I think David Duke and most Tehadists are ignorant pieces of dog feces and the linking to such questionable websites are against the TOS, I will not publicly provide the direct link to verify this. But if you think I'm making this up because of whatever preconceived biases you have of me, you can shoot me a PM and I'll send you the link privately. Let it be known, however, I didn't find this on MSNBC or NPR... I did my own research.

Believe me, it shows. :rolleyes:

13. D_Gunther Snotpole

But Rammajamma wrote two of those last three posts.
    So why should he not assume you were addressing him, at least in part?

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Because everyone should know that I have absolutely no problem calling someone out directly. My post history reflects this. I quote their names, their sentence or paragraph and address it... just like I have done with you. With that being said, the three posts (which were actually two since one was an obvious double post) reflect the same old, typical partisan rants you see around here. Blindly divisive and viewing issues through narrow-minded binary lenses without checking any facts, geared not to spark any real honest discussion but to antagonize and attack.

Besides, my legacy of being a mean, insensitive "libtard" who bullies on anyone who isn't a liberal precedes me.

#14 B_VinylBoy, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  15. D_Gunther Snotpole

Fine, but isn't this all irrelevant?
    You called out 'the last three posts.'
    Two of them were his.
    So he assumed you were addressing him.
    Which makes perfect sense.

The admission of bullying is heartening.
    I commend you, VB.
    What troubles me when I see a breast-beating liberal who happens to be a bully is a kind of contradiction that I feel ... between the small-minded, ego-centeredness behind all forms of bullying and the large-minded world view supposedly underpinning the liberal view of things.
    But whatever ... you don't answer to me.
    And few people are consistent ... including, I don't doubt, me.
    But you would be a lot more effective if you weren't so enthusiastically sadistic, even in virtue's name.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

If that's what you want to think then so be it. I can't change that.

Sarcasm, sweetie. I've made no admission because I'm not one.

What makes me laugh is how despite all of the heated debates I've engaged in with Conservatives, Independents, Libertarians and other progressive Liberals throughout my few years on this board, some people still think I'm just a blind liberal. But I digress... some people really have no clue how their opinionated scribe may affect other people. They think just because they're entitled to their own opinions that they can ignore any other underlaying contexts their messages may contain and blurt out whatever they please with no repercussions. They ignore just how hateful some of their opinions are, and get mad when people question or challenge them on their beliefs. It's not my fault if they don't think before they type. And it's not an issue about being PC either... it's just common courtesy.

I am ruthless when it comes to defending my views, disputing facts and exposing bigoted ideologies that affect myself or people that I care about. And yes, I can be a snide son of a bitch when I have to.

I don't waste my time with civility when I know the person I'm engaging has no intention on discussing an issue honestly. Why go into any level of detailed analysis or theory when the person on the other side is only interested in taking a shot at those who disagree with them? Sometimes, being the better man is overrated... especially when you know your adversary is hell bent on irritating you based on their own ignorant viewpoints on society. Sounds a bit hostile, I know... then again, I'm not the one desperate for a response, placing the rhetorical catalysts out there for people to react to.

17. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Ah, then I am somewhat re-heartened. I didn't google it to check; I was going on what was said in the vid. Of course, in Louisiana, anything is possible. :wink:

18. D_Gunther Snotpole

Sarcasm, sweetie. You've made no real admission because you don't realize you are one.
    And I knew that.

You claim to know more than anyone can know about other's unconscious -- or maybe even conscious -- motivations.
    D'oh.
    Yes.

When you think you have to.

You do it all the time.

We're all assholes, VB ... and we do well to remember that.
    It doesn't have to come out into our behavior.
    At least, not all the time.

19. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

I don't know how you link duke to the tea party but he is right on.

#19 D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  20. D_Gunther Snotpole

If you have the approval of someone whose views are unquestionably racist and antisemitic, then that may well say a lot about you.
    Indie wasn't saying Duke was active in the Tea Party.
    But who knows? Maybe he is.
    Doesn't make much difference, though.

I don't understand what this means.

Draft saved Draft deleted