David Kopay

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Many of you have probably never heard of him. He was a former American running back who in 1975 came out as being gay. I use to have his book and saw the movie made about his life story.

I am almost positive he was a World Football League roster and played once against the Birmingham Americans, which I attended every home game including one out-of-towner, Hawaii. In searching the net though I can find no mention of him being connected with the WFL. Maybe all references to him have been omitted since his coming out.

Even today at 67, he is very sexy. Anyone agree?

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
David Kopay! I haven't thought of him in years. One time in the 70s he came to a local college to give a talk, and I and a friend picked him up and gave him a ride from the airport. He seemed like a very nice, unassuming guy.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We met him on an RSVP cruise of the "Mexican Riviera" back in 1990. He was a speaker onboard. As I recall, he was a VERY sweet and sexy man! At that time, he became one of my heroes...and has a fair amount in common with my buddy, Esera Tuaolo!

nniiiobe

Just Browsing
Media
I have his book in paperback, it came out in Feb 1977. It is a BANTAM BOOK, published by and arrangement with ARBOR HOUSE PUBLISHING COMPANY. As somewhat closeted myself, I found his stories of college football, fraternity initiation parties, NFL games, and what goes on AFTER the games to be very exciting stuff. If you can find the book in a used book store, or someplace, GET IT !! Worth the read.

One particular quote in the book from a reviewer states: "Kopay's book makes it clear that homosexuality is not an isolated incident in the NFL...The story of one man's struggle to be truthful to himself, as well as others."

mikey41

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I bought that nude b+w of Dave Kopay from Ebay, except mine is of him looking at the camera. What a beautiful and sexy man he is. So nice to hear he's so personable as well.