David Spade buys rifles for Phoenix PD.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Marazion Analdouche, Dec 23, 2008.

1. D_Marazion Analdouche

The Associated Press: David Spade helps Phoenix police buy rifles

Now in my opinion this is how celebs should give back to the community. Not speaking at the oscars about stuff they may not even understand.

The Phoenix Police Department has gotten some high-powered goodies courtesy of actor David Spade.
    The one-time Phoenix resident donated $100,000 so that the department can buy approximately 50 AR-15 rifles.

Spade said he wanted to make the donation after seeing a TV news report about Phoenix officers having to buy their own rifles. Spade grew up in the Phoenix area and graduated from Arizona State University.

Phoenix Police Sgt. Alan Hill says the rifles will be given to patrol officers and that the agency was grateful for the gifts.

"These guys need to be able to do their jobs and I am just happy I could help," Spade said in a statement released by his publicist.

2. B_pinoyurge

B_pinoyurge New Member

wow good for Spade

3. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oooh, look at you with your zeroes. The dawning of a new post whore?

Smart that he made the donation directly so that all of it went to the specific purpose. Had he made the donation through some 'association for...' the actual police dept. might have seen half of it.

#3 Gillette, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. Principessa

Gold Member

That's fine, I don't have a problem with that. Bruce Springsteen has purchased fire trucks for the town in which he grew up; when he heard they needed them and were short money even after numerous fund raising events. :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted