txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I believe you...but...an hour of time?
A day I could understand.

But, i'm biased.
I fall asleep with ease, i wake with ease....
I am a morning person......

And i'm always on time.

All the qualities people despise. :p ;)

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Energy conservation was always the main concern. It never really had much to do with farmers, who tend to get up before sunrise anyway.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Although it's hard to say it with any heart during this adjustment week (sooooo sleeeepy), I enjoy "springing forward."

It's a bit disorienting at first, but to see the variations of twilight and night when I come home in the evenings is kind of fun to observe. Plus, as long as the weather is warm, we can sometimes take class outdoors, which is energizing for us all!

But I can certainly see how DST just adds confusion these days in our more global culture where other folks have to plan for the quirks. Imagine how it must be for folks in Indiana where the switchover isn't consistent in every part of the state (as I understand it, anyway.)

Any Hoosiers here who can enlighten us?

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
DST ALWAYS screws me over. Makes me all wierd physically and mentally...I need sleep! lol (maybe i should stop staying up till three and waking up at quarter of 7?) I actually am more of a night person, but I also love the sun unless its 90+ degrees out and im in school, it's not A/C. It should be gotten rid of immediately! Always ruins my sleep patterns...as if they weren't screwy enough! And seeing the sunset until almost 10PM is a little unsettling IMO, but nonetheless amazing. But seeing it an hour earlier permanently an hour earlier would be that much easier.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thank you so much for the reference link, big_14. It's packed full of information needed in this thread's discussion. --much that I didn't know :excl:

hung_big: Thanks for the link - interesting page.

And I'm with Skai...it always screws me over, I get so awake at nights and so tired in the mornings. Mind you, I'm also him in the same boat...maybe getting to bed BEFORE 4 or 5 in the morning would be a good idea ^_^

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My mom used to have the strangest notion about the beginning and ending of daylight savings time: she hated those days because she didn't like having to get up at 2:00 in the morning to change all the clocks in the house! We tried to explain that that could be done before going to bed, but it took a while to sink in. It was hard on us kids, too, because she would sneak into our rooms while we were sleeping to set our alarm clocks ahead or back an hour, and of course we had already done that the night before, so our alarm clocks would go off an hour too early or too late.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Okay, I just to clear some things (or muddy the water a little more) up on Daylight Saving (not savingS) Time.

It was not the farmers (they actually hate DST)... it was not Ben Franklin, though he was used as a frequently misquoted advocate of DST who was both very smart (who could argue against Ben Franklin?) AND, conveniently, dead.

But, in the US, it was predominately the financial community, particularly Wall Street that advocated DST.

There is a particularly good book on the whole subject by Michael Downing titled, "Spring Forward: The Annual Madness of Daylight Saving Time." The book details DST around the world and debunks a lot fo the myths that are still prevalent.

Mike