Dead birds & fish in Arkansas

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They both have 3 pages worth..

Here's my theory. The animals are going crazy for a massive earthquake that will hit soon.
The New Madrid fault line is becoming more and more active.
We all know animals have a keen sense of danger coming before humans.
Its true, but... , its because animals canh ear the sound of the quake, but they do it around 10 min before it hits max, this is a different thing

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
The flocks of roosting redwing blackbirds were spooked by rednecks firing off guns and cannons on New Year's Eve. Since they can't see well to fly in the dark, it appears they injured themselves crashing into things, consequently dying of brain hemorrhages and internal bleeding. It's estimated more than 5,000 died. It's sad.
Bullshit.
Really? Let's hear your theory then, Mr. Science. :rolleyes:

It was a joke, lucky8.
Actually, it wasn't. The area around Bebee is a wintering location for blackbirds in the tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands. Here: Madison lab solves mystery of Arkansas blackbird die-off - JSOnline

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Something is going on. Here is another story from England.

Thousands of dead crabs on England's beaches - Technology ...
Or maybe people are just paying more attention all of a sudden to things that happen all the time and trying to link them together. From the article I linked above:
Deaths not uncommon

Scott Wright [chief of disease investigations at the National Wildlife Health Center] said large-scale deaths of birds and other species are not uncommon. Storms, for instances, wreak havoc on bird populations. Birds are also vulnerable to chemical pollution and biological poisoning from natural toxins. For the blackbird species alone, there have been 16 incidents in which 1,000 or more birds have died in single events over the past five years, he said.

The lab analyzes 300 to 500 large die-off events each year. The deaths involve all wildlife - deaths in 2010 are as varied as the demise of 4,500 bats from a fungal infection known as white-nose syndrome in Bucks County, Pa., to the death of 150 raccoons, striped skunks, coyotes and red fox in Los Angeles County.The lab's website shows nine separate mortality events since December alone. Eight of those events involved bird species and one involved the gunshot deaths of dozens of Brazilian free-tailed bats near Pima, Ariz.
And that's just one lab in the US.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dead birds in Italy! WTF!!!???
Come on, I`m too young to die! And I don`t want to die without my Ph.D.

Pompeynate

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Something is going on. Here is another story from England.

Thousands of dead crabs on England's beaches - Technology ...

Those dead crabs were on my local news here in the UK, they said it was probably caused by colder than normal sea temperatures, but the sea temperatures off the south coast of England are not actually that cold & way above what would cause a hardy crab species to die! Unless these crabs were a tropical species that had made their way to the UK's waters, something else killed them...

john_hiemer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Annual Migration of the Godwit from Alaska to New Zealand & eventual return Journey .. 11,680 kilometers,

New Zealand Birds | Birds | Gallery | Bar-tailed godwit, Limosa lapponica

. A female bar–tailed godwit, implanted with a tiny satellite tracker, lifted off from her Alaskan breeding ground and flew south 11,680 kilometers, nonstop, until she reached her winter home in New Zealand. Called E7 by the scientists who monitored her, she flew more than eight days without food, water or rest, on the longest direct flight by a bird ever documented.
Just what drives these extraordinary migrations? Obviously feeding and breeding

Wildlife Extra News - Satellite tracking the Bar-tailed godwit's massive migration from New Zealand to Alaska

Godwits arrive in New Zealand in September each year and the adults leave in mid-March, with adolescent birds staying until they are up to three or four years old. They are widely distributed, and the largest populations are found in the Kaipara Harbour, Manukau Harbour and Farewell Spit.

Going to be a HUGE Worry, if this did NOT take place,as per normal.
Will keep folk informed

on a side note, this has been happening naturally for thousands of years obviously
Last year i think it was ..
An indigenous group travelled from Alaska to NZ to retrieve Salmon Spawn to return to ther land ( Spiritual/Cultural thing and all that), more than fair enuf, some of us stole to stock up NZ water ways, a few hundred years ago, apparently.
One radical within the group also wanted us to return the Godwits 'fr fcks sake' not our doing, how damn stupid of her
enz

Oliver_Clothesoff

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Deaths not uncommon

Scott Wright [chief of disease investigations at the National Wildlife Health Center] said large-scale deaths of birds and other species are not uncommon. Storms, for instances, wreak havoc on bird populations. Birds are also vulnerable to chemical pollution and biological poisoning from natural toxins. For the blackbird species alone, there have been 16 incidents in which 1,000 or more birds have died in single events over the past five years, he said.

The lab analyzes 300 to 500 large die-off events each year. The deaths involve all wildlife - deaths in 2010 are as varied as the demise of 4,500 bats from a fungal infection known as white-nose syndrome in Bucks County, Pa., to the death of 150 raccoons, striped skunks, coyotes and red fox in Los Angeles County.The lab's website shows nine separate mortality events since December alone. Eight of those events involved bird species and one involved the gunshot deaths of dozens of Brazilian free-tailed bats near Pima, Ariz.
And that's just one lab in the US.

I agree. The one I saw said there is a mass dieoff every other day. I remember in Oregon seeing a bunch of dead starfish on the beach. Didn't think much of it other than it was interesting and I wondered what caused it. Today I would have pulled out my cell phone, took a picture, e-mailed it to everyone I know, posted it on FaceBook, Twittered it to half the world, called my mom, and IMed half have a dozen people. By that night it would have been on the national news and the EPA would have been out taking samples.

Seems like every year or so something like this happens. A few years ago it was "Why are there so many shark attacks?" A year later it was "Where is all this MRSA coming from?" Last year it was "Why are we having all these earthquakes?" But when someone finally gets around to asking the experts they all say "We've known about this for years and there are no more now then there have ever been." Looks like this year it's going to unexplained mass die offs.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The dioxin levels all over our fair land are on the rise due to the use of the chemical triclosan in antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers. Dioxins are long lived carcinogens. Presumably the gulf oil spill cleanup with massive amounts of degreasers, some of them illegal in Europe, may have something to do with large scale wildlife deaths.

Mississippi River Sediments Shows Rising Levels of Dioxins

A related scandal is the dioxin-contaminated animal feed from Germany, that has condemned thousands of meat animals and eggs, some of which had already been exported. The manufacturer put industrial fats into the feed fats 'by accident'.

Dioxin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
If you ask radical environmentalists, or any number of scientists, they'll tell you that we are in the throes of the ongoing most dramatic mass extinction in the history of earth, making the event with the dinosaurs seem like a mere Loughner in Tuscon relative to the fullblown Jonestown in Guyana we are now facing.
If they are right, I would wager to say healthy animals are dying enmasse because something inside them is triggering death.
Perhaps natural dieoffs occur when an innate evolutionary function triggers animals that, say the climate is going to change naturally and they die to prevent starvation.
Well perhaps animals everywhere are starting to have these triggers activated because we have passed a tipping point where the habitat has become overly paved, the water supply is overly medicated/toxic/bacterial, the food sources are too bioengineered or otherwise modified. The climate is changing, whether we caused it or not. Maybe it was one too many oil spills.

The next few years should be interesting.