Dead skin?

D_Evelyn Wow

Just Browsing
Media
I just noticed on the head of my penis it looks like the top layer of skin broke and peeled away and so i went and took a shower and it washed off like dead skin does and now the spots where the skin was 'dead' and washed away is red and raw like fresh skin looks after the top layer peels off, is this a regular occurrence, should i be concerned? i've never noticed it before, but i never really looked.

hungcuriousnc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mine has never done that before... I'd ask several questions:

1.) Have you been in the sun lately? Possible sun burn?? The suns rays can cause a burn, even through fabric.

2.) Rough clothing??? Have you had on a pair of swimming trunks/bathingsuit or any meshlike materials that could have caused friction??

3.) Deteregents, lubes or lotions.... used any different ones lately??

If no to all that, I'd go to the doc to be on the safe side.

S

SirConcis

Skin sheds constantly. This is what creates smegma for uncircumcised males.

If you are circumcised, you would normally never notice it because it rubs off the underwear as soon as the skin cells are dried off. But sometimes, if you rub glans, you may be forcing skin cells off before they are ready to falls off, and that would expose some "undry" skin that is red and tender.

If you are uncut, rubbing the glans would do this as well, and the newsly exposed skin surface would be redder than the regular skin surface of the glans.

This could also be some infection, or a rash from soap. If it goes away in a day or two, I wouldn't worry about it. If iot doesn't I would put some polysporin cream on it and if that doesn't fix it, go see a doctor.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
real simple. it's a yeast infection, like women often get. you and your partner would need to be treated. anything over the counter for women, should work just as well on you.

D_Evelyn Wow

Just Browsing
Media
Skin sheds constantly. This is what creates smegma for uncircumcised males.

If you are circumcised, you would normally never notice it because it rubs off the underwear as soon as the skin cells are dried off. But sometimes, if you rub glans, you may be forcing skin cells off before they are ready to falls off, and that would expose some "undry" skin that is red and tender.

If you are uncut, rubbing the glans would do this as well, and the newsly exposed skin surface would be redder than the regular skin surface of the glans.

This could also be some infection, or a rash from soap. If it goes away in a day or two, I wouldn't worry about it. If iot doesn't I would put some polysporin cream on it and if that doesn't fix it, go see a doctor.

Well i'm into day two with this and its just about gone already (hasn't even been 24 hours) and yes I am uncut and unfamiliar with how smegma is made (until now). Also I had been going at it yesterday on cam, and did notice it afterwards. I'm feeling a lot better about this now haha.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you use a lube (especially a silicone one) then not clean yourself up properly, it might dry up your skin.

Also, overly enthusiastic masturbation might chafe the skin away just enough to have a dry tissue paper appearance.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
smegma is a mixure of fat from sebaceous glands in your skin, the same as keeps the rest of your skin supple all over your body. it has some dead skin cells in it. its purpose is to keep the foreskin from adhering to the head, or to keep the clitoral hood from adhering to the clitoris, or the inner lips from healing to the outer lips. women produce about 10 times what a man will produce.
if you are producing a lot more suddenly, it's another symptom of a yeast infection.