Deal breakers!!??

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i know for me, if a woman is high maintenance or just plain mean i am out of there. i cant deal with selfish people. if a girl is miserable to begin with, i wont even start with her.

what are some dealbreakers of the opposite sex for you?:biggrin1:

also if they are married i wont disrupt it.

That seems selfish of you.
And the marriage thing? Not sleeping with others peoples spouses is usually a given.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is the second reported thread that was moved out of the Woman's Issue forum today. I would suggest you take a closer look at the forums and if you are still unclear about where to post; then contact a moderator or administrator and perhaps we can help.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have lots of things that are dealbreakers. I'll give you the things I think of off the top of my head, based on previous relationships.

- Lying
- Cheating
- Deceiving
- Constantly not doing what you say you will - I differentiate this from lying because it's usually unintentional. They say they'll come over at 5 and at 6 they are calling me saying they are on their way. They got caught up in a conversation or show or something else and lost track of time. It happens once in a while, but I dated a guy that did this CONSTANTLY. Can't do it.
- Poor hygiene
- Being unable to make their own decisions (I dated a guy who was a total momma's boy and couldn't think for himself in any way. He couldn't buy his own clothes, cook his own meals, decorate his own room, etcetera.)
- Drugs
- Any sort of emotional/physical/mental/sexual abuse.
- Disrespect in general

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Deal breakers for me are people who have deal breakers that inhibit personal expression and/or they are trying to turn you into something you are not.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I think of a deal breaker being different from things that you find unattractive. For me, such things mean that there would be no deal on the table anyway. A deal breaker is the emergence of behaviours as a relationship develops that you can not live with. My deal breaker would be controlling behaviour.

Solvejg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A future deal breaker for me is someone who doesn't want to see me. I am not a clingy person and am quite happy with one phone call and meeting up once a week. However I don't want to have to go weeks to months between seeing a partner and then only seeing him for 30 minutes or so.

I also don't want someone who suffocates me. I don't want to be seen daily. I don't want clingyness. I don't want someine to move into my space or talk marriage after 3 months. I don't know if I ever want to live with anyone except my kids ever again.

I also need someone with an intelligence. I have been with dumb jock types and they are ok, but i prefer the nerds.

Also if you show any type of abuse, goodbye.

D_Ariva_Derci

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hmmm.... well, physically i would have to say, bad teeth, body odor, and i am not a fan of facial hair for some reason.. personality-wise i would have to say arrogance, needy (not to be confused with affectionate), also men who cant have good conversation.

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Couple off the top of my head ...

Personal hygiene is a big one. Don't care how cute the guy is if he has b.o. or bad breath it a major turn off/deal breaker. Also, guys who are rude to people in my orbit. Lots of times a guy will come off as sweetheart, be really nice to you, but then you'll go out to say, a restaurant, and he'll be rude to the waitress. I think that's an indication on who the guy truly is and he can get bent once he drops me off from the date.

Fsjal

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Personal hygiene is indeed a big deal. For myself, I'd mention a level of maturity suiting an adult. I mean, fun, but not the overdramatic, shallow, temperamental attitudes often seen in a portion of teenagers. Close-mindedness, spray tans, and a huge love of Creed will also get me out of there ASAP =P

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Personal hygiene is indeed a big deal. For myself, I'd mention a level of maturity suiting an adult. I mean, fun, but not the overdramatic, shallow, temperamental attitudes often seen in a portion of teenagers. Close-mindedness, spray tans, and a huge love of Creed will also get me out of there ASAP =P

Good one. Absolutely agree. If a guy makes an off-handed remark about someone's sexual orientation, beliefs, ethnicity, it's a real turn-off and a sign of ignorance. Don't want that type of person around me never mind consider dating him.

Fsjal

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thank you, miss. It makes you consider that if they don't "approve" of another person's traits, how would they react if they found something about you they don't care for?

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Before finding someone to date or have fun with, what are some of the things you can't look past or things you can't tolerate?

For example, I would never ever date a woman with short hair. I'm not knocking you ladies with short hair but it doesn't work for ME. Also I can not stand white girls who try to act black. Biggest turn off possible. Another weird one is they way people say certain things. My neighbor is smoking hot but she says becaurse. Not sure how to spell but she puts an R in because and an R in Washington. She says warshington. That would drive me nuts!!

Disrespectful attitude and rude behaviors are the deal breakers. I have just broken up friendship with my long time friend, we knew each other for 10 years, for his disrespectful attitude towards me.