Dealing with a drought of girls...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by lowteg, Dec 5, 2009.

1. lowteg

lowteg Member

Ok at the moment I seem to be in a bit of a drought in finding a new girl...

I broke it off with the last chic I was with like 3 months ago and ever since I have not really met any new girls which I want to be with...

I mean I have had a few one nighters with girls but it never goes any where...

I really need a new girl friend...All my mates seem to go from girl to girl and get new girl friends really quick...

I mean its getting to a point where I get quite fucking pissed, mates are telling me why don't you have a new girl to come on double dates with us, mates go to dinner dates with couples, mates talk about all the fucking action their getting off their girls each night..

Any one feel the same way...

2. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Believe me, I can relate. I'm 19 (turn 20 in March), and I am on one hell of a dry spell. Never had a girlfriend or anything. I'm a bit of a shy,nervous, awkward person in real life, but I have worked up the guts to ask out girls (six times, I believe). I've had terrible luck on that front, as all but one has already had a boyfriend, and that other one just never really panned out.

At the same time, I also don't feel the need to start threads to share my lack of luck with the world. (However, should a thread be started (like here), I suppose I have little issue contributing.)

3. lowteg

lowteg Member

Dunno man I think the best thing to do is not think about it and it will just come..

I am not too shy, I mean I work in advertising, in my office 80% of the 100 people are girls so talking with girls on a daily basis is not something thats too hard for me..
    I mean I think im pretty decent looking, im like 6 foot 3 ect ect..tall dark europen looking...

I dunno just think some girls are intimidated by me, I am some one who parties a lot, I guess they think I am not some kind of commitment guy.

Yeah ive had alot of problems with relation ship sin the past, had my fair share of fuck ups and ive fucked alot of shit up....

Dunno probly stupid me even posting this shit here, really I should get up and look for a girl...But I just felt like I wanted to share my story with a few people...

4. korinaus

korinaus New Member

Hi, mate.

If you are a guy you describe (6'3, European good-looking, know how to talk, comfortable with girls, etc..) I think you should meet a bunch of girls all the time. Maybe, girls would presume you are kind of 'playboy' type, so don't want to be involved in a headache drama. Why don't you play a bit dorky and clumsy sometimes, so that girls could offset your too obvious possible 'dangerous' qualities?

And I know it is a bit off the topic, but I think Australia is now suffering from the other way around, a drought of men..

Good luck!

5. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey lowteg -

Sorry to hear. I can relate though to women thinking you're intimidating. I have found out many times that I am apparently 'intimidating' and lots of women don't want to approach me for fear that i would reject them. I figure if they are that timid and don't have the right end of the stick, then i wouldn't want to be with them anyway.
    Back to you though. Hmm. Working in advertising gives you plenty of access to plenty of women. I guess you must be outgoing enough. Just keep flirting as much as you can and wrangle coffee, lunch, dinner and drinks with as many women as you can, talk to them, make sure they know you are available and hope they realize the clue phone is ringing and its for them. lol. good luck.

6. lowteg

lowteg Member

Thats all very true...

Man I don't know if I would ever date a chic from my office, because if we get serious then break up shit can get really messy, some girls in my office are really bitchy, But yeah their are only about 10 guys on my level and like 60 girls...

A lot of girls just seem to assume things about me, like oh your a bad boy, oh you must all ready have a girlfriend blah blah...A few girls in my office actually come out and ask stuff like oh so are you bringing your partner to that party??

Oh well I am only young at 22 so I guess their are many more years...As for the ladies drought In Australia I think that is true but I think its for ladies between the ages like 35-60 or something...

7. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sounds awful living your life based on having a partner at almost all times. Glad I don't do it. Your friends are making a big deal about not having a girl? Tell them to fuck off. Maybe get better friends.

8. shyguy1985

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm in a drought. My last girlfriend was about 5 months ago now. It was a crap relationship so I dont miss that side of things.

However, right now I've got the horn and no one to fuck!!

Really wish I could suck my own cock right now!!

9. Welsh_Beef

Welsh_Beef New Member

i've never had a girlfriend and it's now making me quite depressed, i'm a virgin, that doesn't really bother me but i want to find someone to love and have a relationship with, it is so hard, i mean i go clubbing but im not a 'hottie' so i wouldn't get a one night stand but i just want to find a girl to love and make love to her all the time.

10. SR_Les Intercourse

SR_Les Intercourse New Member

hey man im on the same boat, i get some but nothing steady. i want a girlfriend too just cant find girlfriend material out there...

11. Stretch

Stretch New Member

I would suggest getting beyond the feeling of needing a girlfriend as your first priority...

12. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

i was going to say the same thing.....follow this advice and life will be sooo much better for you.

13. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wait- the 'drought' is having sex but not having to put up with a relationship? I would define that as 'paradise.' I haven't had a relationship for well over a year but I've been having sex 3 or 4 times a week on average since then. I wouldn't trade. I don't want to go on double dates and shit like that - I hate shit like that, actually.

14. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    3+ years without even so much as a ONS...

So you can just STFU about your sorry-ass 'drought'...

15. AlphaMale

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And here I thought I was the only person on the planet going through this... sounds like most of you guys have echoed my same sentiments!

I broke up with the really crazy girl about a year ago, and the semi-crazy girl in March of this year... so since then I've been single and sexless.

I'm in a limbo of trying to have sex, finding the right girl to date, finding the right girl to marry, finding the right girl to have kids with etc.

Would be great to find the total package... but alas I am still looking long and hard :frown1:

16. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    All of you fine males-- Please develop other parts of your life that allow you to go out and meet people who share your hobbies. Or perhaps your religion. It's the only way to meet those who have compatible world views and by accepting yourself and being your own generator of contentedness, you will project the correct 'vibe' to attract the like-minded instead of the 'learning experience' sort of companion.

17. D_Ellerby Eatsprick

D_Ellerby Eatsprick New Member

So you broke up with a girl 3 months ago. Embrace that. Use this time to find yourself and what you want in women and life.

I broke up with my boyfriend 3 months ago and while it has been very lonely, I'm embracing this time to myself. I've learned a lot about myself in these last 3 months and I have made some positive changes as well. I had sex with a couple men in the first month of being single and it only made me feel worse and not good about myself.

It might be lonely and you might be horny but if you feel that you NEED to have a girlfriend, then maybe you need to examine your priorities.

Right now I don't NEED a boyfriend. Not with this emotional baggage I have. While I don't NEED a boyfriend right now, I still do want someone that I can share my life with but that want can be held off for a little while.

Embrace being single for a while. If you still find yourself wanting a girlfriend, maybe slow down on the partying and try meeting girls some other ways. Ie. coed sports, book club, etc...

18. Daisy

Gold Member

Well if your face is nice looking, and youre tall with a good body and a good job, then yes it's definitely your personality that's scaring them off. For one thing, when you're out with your buddies are you loud and obnoxious? Do you mingle and make nice conversation with girls or is it a frat boy type of "hey baby!" banter? One other thing that may sound really trivial is that if you're all decked out in trendy clothes and have all kinds of cologne and product in your hair you could come off as a manwhore/player. Try toning your look down to jeans a nice shirt. Or conversely if you're going out in a shorts and a tshirt you could try dressing it up a bit. My guess is that a few minor changes would help you get over your slump.

Draft saved Draft deleted