Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Let's try this again.
The other evening, my friend had his money stolen out of his locker at the gym. The thief managed to open his inexpensive combination lock, steal his money, and relock the locker.
There is a something I can't mention that spends an inordinate amount of time hanging around in the locker room multiple evenings a week. He spends ridiculous lengths of time, blowdrying his hair in the mirror with just a shirt on; and multiple wanderings around the locker room nude, showering, and drying off at length to the point he is discussed as to if he is cruising, looking for tricks, or just showing off. Now we are thinking he might be looking for opportunities to steal as well.
This evening he was at the mirror, very intently watching who was around him, when my friend visited his locker, and then went to workout. When he returned, he found his money had been stolen.
Reporting this to the manager on duty, it turns out she is Unmentioned's familial unit of a type I also won't mention, when he made his suspicions known.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to address these suspicions to the main manager? Unmentioned is a recent arrival at this gym...should I mention his locker room behavior?

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Let's try this again.
The other evening, my friend had his money stolen out of his locker at the gym. The thief managed to open his inexpensive combination lock, steal his money, and relock the locker.
There is a something I can't mention that spends an inordinate amount of time hanging around in the locker room multiple evenings a week. He spends ridiculous lengths of time, blowdrying his hair in the mirror with just a shirt on; and multiple wanderings around the locker room nude, showering, and drying off at length to the point he is discussed as to if he is cruising, looking for tricks, or just showing off. Now we are thinking he might be looking for opportunities to steal as well.
This evening he was at the mirror, very intently watching who was around him, when my friend visited his locker, and then went to workout. When he returned, he found his money had been stolen.
Reporting this to the manager on duty, it turns out she is Unmentioned's familial unit of a type I also won't mention, when he made his suspicions known.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to address these suspicions to the main manager? Unmentioned is a recent arrival at this gym...should I mention his locker room behavior?
Tooaye now, but it the Manager was unwilling to do anything about it when it was hot / just happened I would have called the non-emergency police number and ask for an officer to come by, fill a theft report, take statements....

zzz1

Sexy Member
Media
Back in the day I use to work graveyard at a gym. What i did was when i saw someone with sticky fingers going through someone locker i calmly and speedily told every regular in the gym . the regulars there had a nice "chat" in the shower area where there are no cameras. mostly one chat is all that needed.

blkcocktail

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Without concrete evidence or a witness, all you can do is report his lockerroom activity and your suspicions preferably to a manager. If there is regular lockerroom staff members, you should also mention it to them so they are aware and on the lookout. It sucks that it happens, definitely a personal violation...and every gym nowadays post disclaimer signage about valuables in lockerroom or in cars, to cover their liability. I had both locker and car robbed @ two different gyms- both relocked- as if not tampered with...so can totally relate on the mental replay and creating the list of suspects. Eventually I just chalked it up to a life lesson and learn from it. Sometimes it takes an entire lockerroom community to catch a thief, so just try to warn neighboring folks that theft happens there.

Unfortunately there’s no time limit on lockerroom usage, as some folks truly over use it...unless he crosses the line and makes some unwanted advance, and that person reports it- there’s not much gym staff can do.

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
We've now observed him changing lockers multiple times during one locker room session, as well as perform unneeded trips from shower to locker to towel stack, artificially extending his time in there. Writing up all this in a letter to the manager, so he can be aware of what is going on. I know nothing can be done about the thefts in the past, barring his confession, but it's possible the mgr can take steps to eliminate this going forward.

Reactions: MisterB

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I would be a stronger lock. Then speak to the manager of the facility, and, voice your concerns. Be sure to say, in a non-confrontational way, that you think that the local police should be notified. At that point request that a call me made, so that an officer may come to the facility, and, take statements.

While this may not result in money being returned, the very presence of the police will likely cause a change in behaviours.... very quickly.

Good luck.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Without concrete evidence or a witness, all you can do is report his lockerroom activity and your suspicions preferably to a manager. If there is regular lockerroom staff members, you should also mention it to them so they are aware and on the lookout. It sucks that it happens, definitely a personal violation...and every gym nowadays post disclaimer signage about valuables in lockerroom or in cars, to cover their liability. I had both locker and car robbed @ two different gyms- both relocked- as if not tampered with...so can totally relate on the mental replay and creating the list of suspects. Eventually I just chalked it up to a life lesson and learn from it. Sometimes it takes an entire lockerroom community to catch a thief, so just try to warn neighboring folks that theft happens there.

Unfortunately there’s no time limit on lockerroom usage, as some folks truly over use it...unless he crosses the line and makes some unwanted advance, and that person reports it- there’s not much gym staff can do.

Regarding "disclaimer signage", I'm reminded of a court case in Florida some years ago where a judge pointed out that posting of such signs does not absolve a business of legal responsibility.

In other words, if state laws otherwise make the gym liable, no amount of disclaimer signage is going to change that.

Reactions: Gj816