Dealing With Anxiety

hamta03

Just Browsing
Media
First off, kudos to you for taking proactive steps to deal with anxiety. Switching from coffee to green tea is a fantastic move—I've heard the calming vibes of L-theanine do wonders!

Helirond

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Remember, reaching out to healthcare providers is key for a personalized game plan. They're like the superheroes of mental health! And for those tough moments, a depression hotline can be a lifeline. Your well-being matters, and there's a whole support system out there for you!

By the way, stumbled upon this interesting read about alternative approaches, like Kratom vendors. Check it out if you're curious! Buy Kratom Online 2023: Top 15 Best Kratom Vendors for Sale

Topher the Gopher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know if the OP still posts here, but since I live with depression and anxiety, I'll share what's worked for me.

I'm a proponent of herbal medicine, so I recommend an infusion/"tea" of chamomile, passionflower, and valerian root. Equal parts will do, 1 tsp of blended herbs per cup of boiling water, steeped for 10-15 minutes. Valerian root is a sedative, so it's probably best included close to bedtime. Apparently, some people find the smell of valerian root revolting, so caveat emptor. All of those will be available in bulk (and cheap) at your local organic/health food store.

That said, since you seem to have legitimate anxiety and/or panic disorder, a prescription medication may be your only relief in the long run. My doctor prescribed me Sertraline, which has 95% alleviated my own depression and anxiety and I haven't had a panic attack or suicidal thought in years.

vas

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know the thread is old just a comment I didn't see. I had anxiety issues for decades. I used to have anxiety during the day and at night I'd ruminate with negative thoughts or have nightmares. I stopped eating carbs and sugar and it almost entirely went away. The result is pretty commonly reported within the keto/carnivore community.

Reactions: boredandfit

James Kujveli

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The first time I had an anxiety attack was like some nightmare..
I still deal with it, like last night. I had to go to the ER and for those prone to anxiety and depression, that is a brutal situation.

Topher the Gopher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The first time I had an anxiety attack was like some nightmare..
I still deal with it, like last night. I had to go to the ER and for those prone to anxiety and depression, that is a brutal situation.
Remember, attacks of anxiety or panic won't kill you. I strongly recommend seeing a psychiatrist about it, or at least a psychologist who works in the same office as your medical doctor. The therapist can help you learn how to deal with it when it happens, and they can prescribe the proper medication if you need it. It took me a while to figure out, with my doctors' help, which medication worked best for me. The process is worth it.

Reactions: Cosgood

James Kujveli

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Remember, attacks of anxiety or panic won't kill you. I strongly recommend seeing a psychiatrist about it, or at least a psychologist who works in the same office as your medical doctor. The therapist can help you learn how to deal with it when it happens, and they can prescribe the proper medication if you need it. It took me a while to figure out, with my doctors' help, which medication worked best for me. The process is worth it.
True, I have a therapist that has been very helpful. We currently dont have sessions because she had to have.. heart surgery, oy!!! Dealing with other people takes a toll..

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been back and forth these last couple years trying to find the right medication and ways of dealing with this.

Medication wise I had good success with Zoloft for the anxiety, but the side effects were terrible. Bad night sweats and I would dream constantly. Mostly bad dreams. And it tore up my stomach.

I have been seeing a therapist for almost a year now and was provided a different doctor through the same facility who prescribed me Viibryd. This stuff, to my surprise, has been working and I haven't noticed any major side effects. I dunno if it's because I'm getting older or if it's with the aid of this medicine, but I can't stay up late if I wanted to. I'm ready for bed around 9:30 to 10:00 whether I work the next day or not. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Reactions: Curious65

shIgreen123

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Try to stay active as much as you can. Set a schedule of activities/goals (physical if possible), even if just day-to-day. It's not as much about the health benefits (though physical activity can help those sure), but more about just establishing thing that can help offset the constant anxiety. Been there, am there...good luck.

JBD_Mikk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I dealt with moderate anxiety for many years and in 2018 went on a trial of anti-anxiety medication. I stopped after 3 weeks because, while it reduced my anxiety, it also made me lazy and killed by libido.

As an alternative I started going to the gym immediately afterward - partly since my friends had just started going, but mostly in an attempt to reduce anxiety without medication (I was 32 at the time, 38 now). It ended up working really well, and got even better when I got into cycling in 2020. Since then, stressful situations might cause me a bit of depression, but not nearly the same level of anxiety as before. For me at least, the lesson was that exercise was more important than any changes in my diet, medication or other habits.

However, I did make 2 recent diet discoveries. Having recently started crossfit classes, I started supplementing on zinc - thinking it would be beneficial with the added intense exercise. Big mistake - I apparently don't have a deficiency, so even 25 mg of zinc a day caused me to feel completely wired with an obviously elevated heart rate, including the highest I'd seen (in my 30s at least) during cardio. I rapidly stopped that experiment and within a few days was back to normal.

I also recently I reduced my coffee consumption, from about 3 mugs to 1 mug a day, and having more tea instead. That further reduced the slightly buzzy sensation that hovered in the background a lot of the time (not quite anxiety but close).

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I dealt with moderate anxiety for many years and in 2018 went on a trial of anti-anxiety medication. I stopped after 3 weeks because, while it reduced my anxiety, it also made me lazy and killed by libido.

As an alternative I started going to the gym immediately afterward - partly since my friends had just started going, but mostly in an attempt to reduce anxiety without medication (I was 32 at the time, 38 now). It ended up working really well, and got even better when I got into cycling in 2020. Since then, stressful situations might cause me a bit of depression, but not nearly the same level of anxiety as before. For me at least, the lesson was that exercise was more important than any changes in my diet, medication or other habits.

However, I did make 2 recent diet discoveries. Having recently started crossfit classes, I started supplementing on zinc - thinking it would be beneficial with the added intense exercise. Big mistake - I apparently don't have a deficiency, so even 25 mg of zinc a day caused me to feel completely wired with an obviously elevated heart rate, including the highest I'd seen (in my 30s at least) during cardio. I rapidly stopped that experiment and within a few days was back to normal.

I also recently I reduced my coffee consumption, from about 3 mugs to 1 mug a day, and having more tea instead. That further reduced the slightly buzzy sensation that hovered in the background a lot of the time (not quite anxiety but close).
Man, I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible now. I like my coffee, and decaf really hasn't been that bad. I just have one cup a day anyway. If I want soda I always try to get caffeine free/zero calorie. What sucks about that is a lot of restaurants and things don't offer caffeine free so I have to just settle on water.

Dealing with anxiety sucks. It can be little things that you going. If cutting caffeine will keep me from getting any of that "buzz" I'mma avoid it.

James Kujveli

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The caffeine comments are correct, this is also something we discussed in therapy. Consumption of caffeine is so normal and being from a part of the world where coffee is always on the table, makes it an issue for us with high anxiety.

Reactions: WilliamG

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Any of you guys experience heightened anxiety when driving when you didn't before?

Anymore when I'm in an unfamiliar area or in a hurry I'll get a real jittery, anxious feeling. I'll sigh a lot like I can't catch my breath.

Curious65

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
@Cosgood:

Thanks for all the incredible material you post. Your collection is astounding and arousing!

I, too, have delt with anxiety - for my entire life. I didn't know what to call it as a kid and it wasn't until college that I went into therapy, which helped some. The damned condition has gotten in the way of everything in my life including getting laid. Often the anxiety would override my horniness.

It was probably close to 25 years ago that I gave up on my GP and made an appointment with a psychiatrist. He was a chemistry wizard and wasn't afraid to try me on a variety of meds/combo of meds to find one that works. I've been on Lexapro ever since, but it has delayed my ejaculation and these past few years it seems to be zapping my libido a bit too.

I'm now trying medical marijuana with the hope you getting off the Lexapro completely or at least lowering the dosage with the hope of cumming in a typical amount of time while also addressing the anxiety. The delayed ejaculation was somewhat beneficial in my 30's - not so much in my 50's.

I don't know if there are any nuggets of help in this for you. At least you will know there is another one of us here on LPSG managing anxiety, too.

Be well.