Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So doctors will let an 18 year old woman get breast implants and major facial alteration but not let a 27 year old woman have control over her own reproductive system?

Nah. I ain't buying it. No such benign reasoning

Medical procedures being denied to women have nothing to do with the patient regretting it later. It has everything to do with where society places the value of women. We are sex object and future tax payer incubators.
Exactly. Even younger than 18 with parental permission. Gotta look good. But even when a woman has 100% valid reasons for removing her reproductive organs, no? Because what? She’ll regret the heartache and pain of miscarriage and failed pregnancy.

Theoretically, I can understand counselling anyone - men or women about life altering choices if they have no medical need under the age of 25 due to brain development. Theoretically. But if there is a medical reason? Screw that. Just do it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So, my insurance is doing what they do and I couldn't get my procedure covered so I still have my entire reproductive system intact.

This shit is exhausting.

Edit: been meaning to update everyone about that but keep forgetting. I'm sure you all can understand why I distract myself.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
There’s got to be something. Isn’t there a uterine ablation that basically sterilizes and (ends? Lightens?) periods?

I'm looking into options, I have an appointment with my therapist about it this week too. She actually had similar health issues to mine so she may be able to help me find another route.

I just hate that I finally got insurance after YEARS of zero coverage at all, and right away it all feels like a waste of my money. And everyone else's. Fuck insurance companies.

Fuck or fucking healthcare system already, goddamn.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm looking into options, I have an appointment with my therapist about it this week too. She actually had similar health issues to mine so she may be able to help me find another route.

I just hate that I finally got insurance after YEARS of zero coverage at all, and right away it all feels like a waste of my money. And everyone else's. Fuck insurance companies.

Fuck or fucking healthcare system already, goddamn.
I hope so, sista-mine.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fuck insurance companies. Fuck "fertility" obsessed medical professionals. Fuck not treating women as a whole body and not state regulated parts.

Ms TnJ have you checked out Medical/Surgical Grants in your state? The hospital should have social workers available to see if you might qualify for state, federal or non-profit programs.

The local Planned Parenthood is a great place to start. Many younger women have a need for reproductive surgeries insurance will not cover until before a predetermined age. Thankfully grassroot badasses step up to get women the healthcare they need.

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't even know what to say.
As a male, I'm kinda embarrassed, because I know the roots of this behavior are undoubtedly from some male long ago deciding that they know better than a woman what should be done for their own good.
Jesus h Christ.
I don't have kids. For several reasons,I don't want to father any. (Although, for some reason, when I say that, people hear "I don't like kids"... Umm... No. I like kids. I am the most kick-ass Uncle/babysitter you will ever find.)
When I decided to get a vasectomy, I made a phone call, paid $700, watched a 5 minute video, went in for the scalpel free procedure, signed a waiver, and that was it.
Unreal what so many women have to go through....
@Snarky_succubus has had similar meetings with "medical professionals".
Makes me want to punch people, hearing this stuff.
Has to be freaking infuriating.
You're being treated like a child.
I'm sorry.
I hope you find somebody with their head screwed on straight that can help you.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't even know what to say.
As a male, I'm kinda embarrassed, because I know the roots of this behavior are undoubtedly from some male long ago deciding that they know better than a woman what should be done for their own good.
Jesus h Christ.
I don't have kids. For several reasons,I don't want to father any. (Although, for some reason, when I say that, people hear "I don't like kids"... Umm... No. I like kids. I am the most kick-ass Uncle/babysitter you will ever find.)
When I decided to get a vasectomy, I made a phone call, paid $700, watched a 5 minute video, went in for the scalpel free procedure, signed a waiver, and that was it.
Unreal what so many women have to go through....
@Snarky_succubus has had similar meetings with "medical professionals".
Makes me want to punch people, hearing this stuff.
Has to be freaking infuriating.
You're being treated like a child.
I'm sorry.
I hope you find somebody with their head screwed on straight that can help you.

Truly, thank you.

Reactions: g0nz0 and lms28

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
If there wasn't enough for me to fucking hate about this goddamn covfefevirus bullshit, now everyone is making jokes everywhere about how this is gonna lead to a baby boom.

My infertile ass who is incapable of bringing a healthy baby to term won't be contributing to that statistic. Thanks for the fucking reminder, assholes :mad::sob::broken_heart::skull:

(Just have to vent, fuck)

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If there wasn't enough for me to fucking hate about this goddamn covfefevirus bullshit, now everyone is making jokes everywhere about how this is gonna lead to a baby boom.

My infertile ass who is incapable of bringing a healthy baby to term won't be contributing to that statistic. Thanks for the fucking reminder, assholes :mad::sob::broken_heart::skull:

2vv6r9G.jpg

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I tried to get the day off, but it didn't work out so I have to go face the reality that a bunch of people will tell me "happy mother's day" and every time it's gonna feel like getting stabbed in the heart and brain simultaneously.

Just a bit of advice to anyone reading: don't tell people randomly "happy mother's/father's day" if you don't know them. For some of us these days are fucking excruciating. Not at all happy and fun.

D

deleted924715

I tried to get the day off, but it didn't work out so I have to go face the reality that a bunch of people will tell me "happy mother's day" and every time it's gonna feel like getting stabbed in the heart and brain simultaneously.

Just a bit of advice to anyone reading: don't tell people randomly "happy mother's/father's day" if you don't know them. For some of us these days are fucking excruciating. Not at all happy and fun.

**hugs**

You're one of the strongest people I know :heart:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

But likely you won’t contribute to the divorce/LTR split rates, either.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

The fact that they do it while you are at work serving their wants is also cold.
I always think “happy muthafuckers day” although I’d never say it in public.

I was going to have my first fully off M day since 1993 this year.
Guess what day my job opened back up.
Yep I’m on my way in.

also, it’s #2 since my mom died and Spawn is working, too. I kind of don’t want to deal with it.