dear gay & bi guys,

stonefish150

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess I've always known. The 'realisation' came to me when I was about 13 first of all that everyone else didn't feel the same as me about other guys and then that other people seemed to have a problem with 'people like me' for some reason. As I went to an all boys school I kept hiding it till I was in my second year at uni. They were dark times, so I'd suggest being as supportive as you can to this young guy, without being too direct, as that could scare him off if he's still trying to hide it.

Knowing that there was at least someone there to support me fully would have helped me a lot, whether I was gay or straight, so seems like a good plan to me!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Around my pre-teen years, there was a time I thought I was straight but actually I was gay (later realized.). I was envious of my male peers all had girlfriends. I wanted those feelings that those guys had. (Actually I had those feelings but they were towards men--only I never realized it at the time.)

Later on I realized that I was gay. It wasn't disappointing to me at all. I thought that it was amazing...but I never got to explore my sexuality until I went off to college. I didn't fall in love with guys until in my twenties. From my twenties to the latter of my thirties, I have had about four serious relationships now.