Dear Mr. President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

From the Mouths of Babes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IbnRaBkaeA

Spokane sisters write to Obama for help
    Michael Moore.com

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

precisely -- where, indeed?

3. lucky8

Gold Member

I thought you 2 were against handouts?

...for the poor

4. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Since when is a job a handout?

5. lucky8

Gold Member

When you ask for it

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wondered what that nasty stench was around here.

7. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I was unemployed for 3 months and was able to find a job. What measures did he take before hand. He lived for a year in a house he could not afford, in hopes that he were to get a job. In what field we don't know. Did he send a cover letter? Did he follow up? I personally went into places and talked to the manager and provided my resume and told them I would even accept part time work. I made my own interviews happen

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    But Nick, Trinn, according to you two girls, "helping banks and big business" is exactly what will keep a roof over little Pixie and Trixie's heads; make up your minds. You tell those lil gals and their big-boned dad that I don't know where that personally signed reply from the White House is, but when it comes they should put it up on E-bay. That should help some.

#8 B_Nick8, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

The big-bank model isn’t going to last much longer, banking industry analyst Meredith Whitney said at the Journal’s Future of Finance Initiative, and said a more sustainable approach would be bigger regional banks.

Whitney, famous for foreseeing the troubles facing Citigroup, suggested that key parts of the big banking model made them susceptible to the types of problems that caused the financial crisis. One issue is the physical distance between loan originators and borrowers. Good lending results from a relationship with borrowers, and regional banks are in a better position to take advantage of those relationships. She added that five banks controlling two-thirds of mortgage origination and credit cards is fundamentally unbalanced.

Meredith Whitney: Regional Banks Are the Future - Real Time Economics - WSJ

10. Trinity

Trinity New Member

you sound like Rush Limbaugh.

click the link or read the article. Why would you assume he hasn't done everything he could to save his home and provide for his family? This story is an example of what is really going on out there. People need help and you are assuming they haven't done enough?

You sound like Rush Limbaugh

You sound like the other party...heartless and Cruel.

I never promoted bailing out banks and big business.

11. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

^^^^

Yes, Nick8:

And it just seemed like last season these same cons were supporting Big Corporations and "trickle-down" theory.

Very curious how this 10 & 13-year-old waited until Bush was out of office before penning this letter. I can't help but think that little Trixie and Dixie are props. Kinda like the Palin woman forcing her pregnant daughter to get engaged to the casual boyfriend - who then proudly prostituted their engaged images off on an unsuspecting public at the RNC in her quest for the vice-presidency.

By the way, Levi Johnston made an appearance on The Tyra Banks Show today.

The Palin family issued this response: "We're disappointed that Levi and his family, in a quest for fame, attention, and fortune, are engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion of their relationship... Bristol's focus will remain on raising Tripp, completing her education, and advocating abstinence. It is unfortunate that Levi finds it more appealing to exploit his previous relationship with Bristol than to contribute to the well being of the child."

I'm sorry... did the Palin woman say Levi was expoiting his relationship with Bristol... when she trotted them both out as props for her RNC appearance? What big balls this woman has.

#11 D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Apr 7, 2009
  12. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Not I.

Paranoia has set in... all that to defend Obama's questionable economic policy? Isn't it possible the girls and their father are going to lose their home because the Dad cannot find work in this economy? And though Obama's campaign promised help for main street, they haven't seen any though they have seen Billions go into wall street...

13. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Trinity:

Help for Main Street is coming. Surely you don't expect Obama to turn around the economy in seventy-something days? We think he's a bright, capable guy; not the Messiah.

You get the sneaking suspicion that you yourself might wish to exploit the economy - and the little girl's letter - for hacky, partisan reasons. I'll bet when the economy finally turns around you'll find every scrap of right-wing propoganda (visit the Heritage Foundation and Townhall.com) you can get your hands on to "prove" that Obama only prolonged the recession, right? (that's an assertion Rush and Hannity are already floating - and linking it back to FDR's New Deal for "proof").

Anyway, glad to see you didn't defend the Palin woman (after her obvious exploitation).

14. Trinity

Trinity New Member

There are millions of people unemployed, underemployed and more losing jobs everyday. There are millions who don't qualify for help under Obama's mortgage assistance plan because they did not have a subprime loan but they need help. They cannot wait for the states to disburse funds to construction projects and may very well not be included in help going to the states. Help for main street may just be very lacking where it is already late.

Nobody said turn around the economy in three months. But I'm quite sure I didn't say spend trillions in 3 months and not know where billions went, cost the tax payers double and provide no help for main street while you do it.

15. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Trinity. You know Tim Geithner said the hundreds of billions in bailouts to AIG and banking institutions were necessary to avoid not just an american economic collapse, but a collapse affecting the entire interconnected international financial system.

Look. I know you're bright. But between Geithner and you, and I'm putting my trust in Geithner. Let's wait until the state stimulus packages roll out to see how the average joe is affected.

This time last year most conservatives were adamently claiming there was no recession (Michael Medved, Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Rush, Hewitt, Prager). Conservative talk radio claimed it was liberal election-year propoganda.

16. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I'm sooo turned on.:biggrin1:

Anyway, Trinity has a valid point here.

The promises that were projected in Obama's campaign were so outlandish and impossible to fulfill...yet everyone that owned a TV was subjected to his pie-in-the-sky rhetoric that it is truly devastating to so many people, and these kids are just one example.

Please, step back and try to be rational about some of his amateur dissertations in front of a TV camera.

This man has never, ever worked in private industry. He doesn't have a clue. Sure, he sounds great. He seems soooo smart. He's an empty promise in a fancy shell. That's it.

P.S. Representing ACORN and Resko doesn't count as private industry.

17. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Trinity & star:

Jeez. If you two are this amped up and half-sweaty-crazed after seventy-something days, I cannot dare to imagine what you'll be like during Obama's 2nd term.

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It's hysterical to watch people who claim to be "rational" get mad becaused they misinterpreted a campaign slogan. All I know is this... our current president has done enough things differently than our previous one to back the whole idea of "change". For anyone who honestly thought that Obama was going to do EVERYTHING differently, you need to get your heads examined. And every president runs a campaign based on a bunch of promises that may or may not be kept. It's been that way since Washington. But unlike Bush, Obama is at least trying. He's done more work in 70 days and has reached out to more people worldwide than Bush did in his.

Even if you don't like the man, you have to give him some credit for effort. Then again, we are talking to people who couldn't even read between the lines of a campaign slogan. :rolleyes:

19. Trinity

Trinity New Member

What Geithner and the Obama Administration claimed was that their use of Tarp funds was to free up credit and to stabilize the banks. The effort hasn't freed up credit to any great extent and the banks were using some TARP funds for lavish events and bonuses, while others are giving it back to avoid government hands in business. Tax Payers owning roughly 70% of AIG stopped it from failing however the effects of these massive bailouts with the way in which the financial institutions are operating has yet to be seen. The Unit at AIG that caused the institution to go under...those executives weren't fired but to the contrary are not only allowed to keep their jobs but allowed their bonuses inspite of the poorest and most detrimental performance in history. As you pointed out they nearly collapsed the economy. :rolleyes:

If you are putting your eggs in Geithner's basket, at least read critical examination by a Nobel Prize winning economist who is actually a supporter of Obama's who wants Obama to succeed. The Administration's application of economic policy isn't exactly getting rave reviews.

Krugman On Administration: 'Bad Analysis, Bad Policy, And Terrible Politics' - Huffington Post

Krugman On Geithner's Toxic Asset Plan: "The Zombie Ideas Have Won" - Huffington Post

Krugman: Despair Over Financial Policy - New York Times

This letter by the two girls who are pleading for help so that they won't be homeless is a demonstration about how people are hurting. This is about people who need help so they can find a job...so they can keep their homes and take care of their families. This isn't about Obama. It certainly isn't about a slogan. It's about delivering help to main street. That was Obama's promise.

20. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    60 fucking days people... 60 Fucking DAYS!!!!

How the hell is Obama gonna reverse almost 30 years of neo-liberal economic policies in 60 days?

Maybe Trinity expects Obama's change to include a time machine so he could go back in time and defeat Ronald Reagan in 1984?

Obama does not want to upset the status quo for wealthy Americans... he would be absolutely STUPID to do that.

Corporate America was waiting for Obama to turn into a Castro like figure, but it never happened.

The investor class does whatever the hell they want to in this country and nothing will ever stop them. They created this financial mess and now they are blackmailing the federal government into pouring trillions into their coffers.

We must give the investor class whatever they demand, because they will destroy everything if provoked. They would rather destroy then let the majority of the American people live peaceful and happy lives.

Don't fucking blame Obama's first 60 days for 30 years of rampant capitalism. Save your outrage for the corporate bankers who are holding our country hostage.

If Obama does not do what they demand... they will KILL the hostage, which is our way of life.

The super-liberals need to back off of Obama and take on the real villians... but of course, they are bulletproof and Obama has a big target on his head.

So everyone wants to look at Obama to blame because the financial crisis is too complex for the average American to understand.

Bush started this bailout... remember?

Obama has NOTHING to do with this bullshit that we are experiencing now.

It has been in the works for MANY years.

#20 tripod, Apr 7, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted