Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
T Many of the very Obama supporters on this site who vehemently debated the election with me, now question decisions being made by the Obama Administration and Congress.

That's actually an interesting statement. Can you name at least one?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
That's actually an interesting statement. Can you name at least one?

Geithner forgot to alert White House about AIG bonuses
Posted By New End
Re: Geithner forgot to alert White House about AIG bonuses

Of course Geithner knew.

Fuck Obama.

I'm done with him.

thread.gif
TARP price tag just doubled
Posted By HazelGod
Re: TARP price tag just doubled

Yet today we have President Obama responding to a public challenge to reach for the low-hanging fruit and adopt a more sensible approach to marijuana decriminalization and he responds with some nonsensical remark about that "not being what's right for America." What the fuck?
Don't get me wrong...I appreciate some of the actions he's already taken. But suffice it to say that I'm equally unhappy with some of his other positions adopted. I'm not naive enough to have expected an overnight revolution, but much of what I'm seeing reeks too much of the same old politics as usual for my tastes.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I think Will's point was, that you were so often wrong in your opinions, prognostications, and baiting before the election and that your MO hasn't changed. You were (and still are), so full of it and unbalanced, that no one takes you seriously.

Will's point was to pull posts from during the election out of context and respond to them in a thread about a completely different subject. Previously he brought up the issue with Sarah Palin and the Johnston family to diverge from the subject. This isn't about Palin, personal affronts to Obama, or past discussions during the election.

Now, I wasn't often wrong in my opinions. You can't tell someone they are wrong in their opinions. As far as "prognostications" as you term them are concerned...this was a political election and I posted articles regarding issues and information being discussed in the news which were valid and open for discussion. Some of the issues and information came to fruition and some did not but that does not invalidate their discussion at the time of the election. As I previously stated - I neither attacked nor baited any more than Obama supporters attacked or baited in supporting their political positions. Therefore I don't have an "MO." I have a political position as valid as anyone else.

Your insults are unfounded.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Geithner forgot to alert White House about AIG bonuses
Posted By New End
Re: Geithner forgot to alert White House about AIG bonuses

Of course Geithner knew.

Fuck Obama.

I'm done with him.

thread.gif
TARP price tag just doubled
Posted By HazelGod
Re: TARP price tag just doubled

Yet today we have President Obama responding to a public challenge to reach for the low-hanging fruit and adopt a more sensible approach to marijuana decriminalization and he responds with some nonsensical remark about that "not being what's right for America." What the fuck?
Don't get me wrong...I appreciate some of the actions he's already taken. But suffice it to say that I'm equally unhappy with some of his other positions adopted. I'm not naive enough to have expected an overnight revolution, but much of what I'm seeing reeks too much of the same old politics as usual for my tastes.

Two is two, not "many", Trannity. You do know how to count, right?

But two isn't even two. HG and I are on very friendly terms, and though somewhat disenchanted, he's hardly reached the point where he regrets his vote. And anyway, questioning is what open, curious minds do; unlike yours, of course, which hasn't summoned an original thought since Bill forever soiled a certain fat chick's blue Gap dress.

What happened? Did the last of the PUMA money finally run out and shut down your favorite message board to leave you nowhere to turn but slumming back on LPSG?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Two is two, not "many", Trannity. You do know how to count, right?

He asked for one. I gave him two. Buckaroo.

But two isn't even two. HG and I are on very friendly terms, and though somewhat disenchanted, he's hardly reached the point where he regrets his vote.

I never stated anyone regretted their vote. You can read...can't you Buckaroo?

And anyway, questioning is what open, curious minds do; unlike yours, of course, which hasn't summoned an original thought since Bill forever soiled a certain fat chick's blue Gap dress.

You only wish that were true. And that wasn't even remotely witty...

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He asked for one. I gave him two. Buckaroo.

You were asked to defend this statement...
I didn't support Obama as the best candidate for President. I did not feel he would make the best decisions. I question many of his decisions right now. Many of the very Obama supporters on this site who vehemently debated the election with me, now question decisions being made by the Obama Administration and Congress.

...and in so doing misrepresented a friend of mine, Trannity. I called you out on it, and I'll leave it to him to ask you not to cite him in the future when attempting to demonstrate the alleged strength of your positions and opinions.

You may feel that "many...Obama supporters...now question decisions being made by the Obama Administration and Congress" doesn't imply regret in having voted a certain way last November, but there's nothing wrong with my reading skills, dear, and I can see a clear insinuation otherwise.

But, please, continue being that usual passive-aggressive person we've grown to expect from you around here. Anything else would seem out of place.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Sargon20
Manly Bannisters
PYM
dong20
VinylBoy
Monster

give me 5 more minutes to come up with another half dozen.

Another I can think of is going to hugely resent his name being cited in this manner and will likely call it gross misrepresentation of his feelings, but I'll allow him to do it. And another is suffering a 30 day ban, can't speak for himself and so ought not to be used as a 'witness' at this time. Four down. Lastly, well, lastly. That's five.

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
At least two of the people you've mentioned aren't American voters, you know.

Once again, no one said anything about regretting their vote or casting a vote. You need to read. It said Obama supporters.

You were asked to defend this statement...

You are incorrect. Please read.

...and in so doing misrepresented a friend of mine, Trannity. I called you out on it, and I'll leave it to him to ask you not to cite him in the future when attempting to demonstrate the alleged strength of your positions and opinions.

Please - you attempted to call someone out and ended up with egg on your face.

You may feel that "many...Obama supporters...now question decisions being made by the Obama Administration and Congress" doesn't imply regret in having voted a certain way last November, but there's nothing wrong with my reading skills, dear, and I can see a clear insinuation otherwise.

Whatever you may see insinuated is on you. What I stated is clear in black and white. You continue with this insinuation garbage and create statements that others never said as indicated above so there is clearly something wrong with your reading and comprehension skills trans Buckaroo.

But, please, continue being that usual passive-aggressive person we've grown to expect from you around here. Anything else would seem out of place.

The only passive aggressive person is you trans Buckaroo.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Trinity:

Actually vince got where I was coming from, Trinity.

And, no offense to you, but you'd be wise to stop thinking of comebacks to vince's post and maybe read though his backlog of comments. He's easily your intellectual superior and it feels like a miscarriage of justice to have you braying & clod-hopping across your better's fine posts.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Trinity:

Actually vince got where I was coming from, Trinity.

And, no offense to you, but you'd be wise to stop thinking of comebacks to vince's post and maybe read though his backlog of comments. He's easily your intellectual superior and it feels like a miscarriage of justice to have you braying & clod-hopping across your better's fine posts.

You started off base in both your attempts to diverge off topic onto Palin and then on posts from the election. Vince continued to some ridiculous MO charge which was out of place and unfounded since we all discussed our political positions.

Long before you read my posts, I read Vince's posts. When he seeks to insult me personally I have every right to respond and I did. As far as intellectual superiority goes, I wouldn't regard you as a person who could judge that anyway.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ummmmm... so what if I'm one of many people who question the current administration? You act as if asking questions and/or engaging in heated debate is wrong? Unlike people like you and Trinity, I actually voted for Obama in November. I always stated since the primary that he was my second choice and that I would vote for him if my first choice didn't get the nomination. I'd appreciate if you're going to use my name to try and back some kind of twisted, regurgitated belief to use it properly.

To seek out real answers and not blindly accept any story regarding our president is what we should be doing in the first place. And for what it's worth, I'm pretty much pleased with what Obama has been doing. It's not perfect, but there's more good things to be said than bad. The ability to think and come up with your own decisions is not wrong, or is someone here writing the script to the sequel to "Inherit The Wind" and I was somehow drafted to be part of the cast? :rolleyes:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Ummmmm... so what if I'm one of many people who question the current administration? You act as if asking questions and/or engaging in heated debate is wrong?

No one is suggesting asking questions or engaging in debate is wrong. That is exactly what I am doing. I disagree with the current administration on issues that may differ from you. I believe the girls have a valid point and they represent a number of Americans looking for aid that was promised and have not found it yet in Obama's stimulus. If they don't speak up and question and challenge the debate they will not survive. That is the point.

Unlucky or Unwise, Some Homeowners Left Out
“The refinance portion of the plan is set up so it provides the least help for the people who need it most,” said Christopher J. Mayer, a professor of real estate at the Columbia Business School. “We’re missing an opportunity to help many more Americans.”
Refinancing is only for loans owned or backed by [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/fannie_mae/index.html?inline=nyt-org"]Fannie Mae[/URL] and [URL="http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/freddie_mac/index.html?inline=nyt-org"]Freddie Mac[/URL], or roughly half of all homes.

Homeowners with more modest mortgages may also fall through the cracks. Tracy Frazier, 33, has a first mortgage of $325,000 on his house in Phoenix. But the county recorder valued it at $177,000, making him ineligible for refinancing and unlikely to get a loan modification because he is a poor risk.
John Leland, The New York Times - March 4, 2009

Unlike people like you and Trinity, I actually voted for Obama in November. I always stated since the primary that he was my second choice and that I would vote for him if my first choice didn't get the nomination. I'd appreciate if you're going to use my name to try and back some kind of twisted, regurgitated belief to use it properly.

I never stated or implied former Obama supporters. I stated Obama supporters have questioned decisions made by Obama - just as I have. You make my argument for me...there is nothing wrong with questioning the decisions made by the Administration.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Trinity: There's nothing wrong with questioning the actions of our President and government. However, it's the type of questions and how they're presented that is under scrutiny. I mean, should we have all these threads from his opponents that either pray or predict doom on no real grounds beyond their own biases against political affiliation? Is twisting the story of one suffering family, or whether or not our leader should bow down to the Queen worth making into a heated debate that stretches multiple pages, nevermind mentioned at all?

Question all you want. Just make them relevant and not ridiculous.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So back to the topic at hand.A Handout. We as the United States citizens need to start taking responsibility. The government can only do so much. It is up to us to live within our means. The article does not state what field he is in, but I wish him luck but dang. Why would he live in a car. Does he not have family he can call, maybe a homeless shelter. Oh wait, having to live in a car with your kids have more effect and will people be more sympathetic toward you.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
I just watched the video clip again.

The 2 girls, 13 year-old Lillian and her 10-year-old sister wrote a letter to President Obama.

("From the mouth of babes!" coos Trinity)

The video shows Lillian reading her letter on camera (addressing the president): "Why do you and Congress keep failing this country over and over and over and over...."

The reporter's voice is heard in a voice-over: "Lillian's letter rips Obama's stimulus plan for helping banks and big business before family's like hers."

Lillian (not reading the letter, just being interviewed): I'm most worried about where we're gonna live.

Daleen: Where will we live?

Father: If I lose my house, I may lose my children too.

Reporter voice-over: Deck is praying for a last-minute miracle.

Father: I don't know. We may be living out of our car.

--------------------

I'm sorry. Obama's been in office 70-something days & although he's the closest thing we have to a political Superman, he can't help all people all the time. He's a mortal, not a greek god or a virgin-birth Jesus.

These kids should have been bitching and complaining in letters to the republican party over the past 8 years.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Look, people, it' a news story. A human interest story designed to get people to watch NewsChannel 4 and not Live at Five. No big revelation there.

What child writes like this:

"Why do you and Congress keep failing this country over and over and over and over...."

and claims multiple let-downs by a president after 70 days? Do you really think she's been following the differences between her understanding of Obama's campaign promises vs. her perceptions of his effectiveness as an economic leader? Or is she simply unhappy with her understanding of the ramifications of the stimulus package and the AIG bailout?

What rational, responsible father makes the assumptions and presumptions of these statements:

Father: If I lose my house, I may lose my children too.

Father: I don't know. We may be living out of our car.

And how are we to know if this is even on the horizon or what other viable options he may have? Certainly, even if there were more to the story it would have been edited so that we, the audience, would't hear it because then it wouldn't make for good TV.

When Trannity and her ilk play the pain and pathos card like this in order to make a point, I find it simply laughable. Work harder, kidlettes. No one is taking you seriously here.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And in all honesty, the whole ideal of people living out of their cars and being evicted out of their homes has been going on forever now. This is not due to the actions of one political party or one president. It's a class related issue, where the filthy rich gets all of the spoils and the poor continue to struggle.

For Trinity to even suggest that this is a negative mark on Obama is laughable. Maybe (s)he and the rest of her kin should consider helping out those who are less fortunate. And no, having some of your tax dollars go to Welfare doesn't cut it. Why not open your doors to your own home and put them up? Help them find a job? If you're not willing to help out these people, then kindly keep your mouth shut on the subject.