Dear Mr. President

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Trin,

What job would you have our President create for this unfortunate gentleman?

A government job? No. Big government is bad. A government job won't do.

A manufacturing job? No. The government shouldn't be giving handouts to corporations. A manufacturing job won't do.

I'm just at a loss. What job should President Obama create so this gentleman can support those two adorable daughters of his?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
The National Enquirer is also a piece of journalism. Just because it's in print doesn't mean that it's true. That's when a person is supposed to use their own mind and think. However, you're just happy to believe whatever the media tells you at face value, especially if it already supports your biased beliefs. Thanks for clarifying.

If I am biased then you are biased. Nobody cited the National Enquirer so who knows what you attempting to point out. I am discussing the issues and stating my opinions. You do not agree it is as simple as that. And we don't have to agree. What you don't have a right to do is tell me what to think or post. And you seem to be having a problem with that.

Also, feel free to bring any discussion to the table. All I'm suggesting is bring something to the table worth talking about. This topic, in my opinion, is not one of them. It's another one of your typical mile long stretches to blame Obama for the problems of America. Common sense, if you had any, would tell you that this whole story was formed to push the emotional buttons of the easily duped and you fell for it. Poverty has always been a problem in the world. I'm sure this family didn't just go from riches to rags assoon as Obama got into office. Yet you speak in a tone that suggests it.

I'm beginning to think you have no commonsense. I have never blamed Obama for the problems of America. This is about the people. Obama ran for President and made promises to the people. They have a legitimate letter to the President asking for the help he promised.

You also seem to think that it's wrong for people to have independent thoughts as well.
That was never said nor implied by me.

People here defend Obama because they believe that he's doing a good job. They also understand that he's not perfect and voice out when they feel something is worth critiquing. This, in no shape or form mean that they're indecisive.
I never said anyone was indecisive...are confused about something?

It's not set in any rulebook, except in the minds of simpletons who only think in black or white, that a person has to agree with everything a President does.

I never stated, suggested or implied that in anyway.

Lastly, the letter doesn't bother me at all. At least not in the way you're assuming. If anything, the really offensive thing about this is how people who really don't give a shot either way about the poor are trying to make this into something bigger than it needs to. That includes you. If McCain was in office instead of Obama and this "letter" that was written by adults and acted out by children surfaced, you along with your neocon associates would be bitching about how this family is looking for a handout... How they're going to be a burden on your finanaces because they'll have to go on welfare... How they're just lazy and need to work harder, etc, etc.

This is silly, but I'll address it. I'm not a neocon or a Republican. You will never catch me saying anything about a handout, bootstraps or anything like it. McCain is not in Office. Obama is President and he wanted to preside over these monumental problems. This letter is an example of hard working Americans left out of Obama's economic stimulus plan because they don't qualify under the mortgage plan and the Father has not seen job creation or retraining able to him in his desperate time of need. I think it is something Obama and his team need to be aware of. If you don't...we simply disagree.

Give it up, Trinity. This thread is much ado about nothing.
I think your tirades against me are much ado about nothing.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Trinity, the motives behind you posting this "letter to the president" seem so cheaply transparent.

You're trying to camouflage one more silly Obama attack behind the guise of caring about the economic welfare of "the children". You are willing to slam a president who's been in office only 80 days as the cause for little Lillian and Daleen possibly "living out of a car", a president who's been trying to tackle this economic issue from every angle, who's out there every day with the best interests of our economic health at heart.

I think the most disingenuous thing about you is: you've been snubbing and berating and passive-aggressively attacking Obama.... for having the gall to beat your beloved Hillary (is this right? You act more in spite and bitterness than any political conviction).

The majority of your thread output has been dedicated to taking resentlful, small-minded, jealous little swipes at candidate and now president Obama.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm still looking for a well-informed, thoughtful answer to my question, Trin.

What job should President Obama create for this gentleman?

You're obviously smart enough to see that there's a problem here - please offer a solution. I'm all ears.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
blah blah blah.

I'm still looking for a well-informed, thoughtful answer to my question, Trin.

What job should President Obama create for this gentleman?

You're obviously smart enough to see that there's a problem here - please offer a solution. I'm all ears.

Trin,

What job would you have our President create for this unfortunate gentleman?

A government job? No. Big government is bad. A government job won't do.

A manufacturing job? No. The government shouldn't be giving handouts to corporations. A manufacturing job won't do.

I'm just at a loss. What job should President Obama create so this gentleman can support those two adorable daughters of his?

I loved President Bill Clinton's government. :biggrin1: Democrats don't like corporate welfare...

More targeted job creation and retraining in the stimulus should be put forth. And it should have gone through sooner than later. With funds going through the states, there is a high likelihood for fraud, mismanagement and waste. There are already several reports out on this.

The Obama Administration mortgage plan leaves out millions of americans who need help but don't have fannie mae or freddie mac mortgages or their home has been devalued to the point where their lender won't refinance. They need some help too.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
What does Trinity think is a good idea for economic recovery?: "More targeted job creation and retraining in the stimulus should be put forth."

Ok, so, in addition to all the current targeted job creation already in the stimulus, Trinity is advocating for additional jobs & "retraining".

Then, next week, when starinvestor goes to the next of his sign-wielding "Tea Parties", he can decry Trinity's additional jobs and retraining as more "pork".

Trinity, in all fairness, you give very bland, generalized answers when pressed about "what to do". At least you're not just screaming for tax cuts.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You know, I can't speak for the father any more than you can. No two life experiences are alike. To assert that there are two part-time jobs to be had where he lives is to make an assumption that may not be valid. The Father states in the clip that he would take any job including a low paying job but cannot get them because they won't hire him and he has tried by applying and reapplying. I know in certain areas that unemployment is high and there are no jobs to be had...and more lay offs continuing with people losing their livelihoods. Then there areas where unemployment is low and people are holding on to those jobs for dear life to ride out this recession - again no jobs to be had.

So, I don't think this story warrants a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" response when the Father is requesting the assistance promised to mainstreet...mortgage relief, job creation and job retraining assistance.
So in the areas where unemployment is high would you realize in a year, that there are no jobs to be had and maybe I should move. I am sure the father will take any jobs now after a year, but what was his mindset after 1 month of unemployment, after two months of unemployment? Job retraining assitance is already out there.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's always a job in food service (cooking, waiting tables, washing dishes at your local greasy-spoon if McDonald's or Starbucks isn't to your liking), and there's always a job at a discount retailer (K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target) or home improvement store (Home Depot takes just about anybody, Lowe's is only marginally more discriminating in its selection process). They all offer flex-time so that his girls need never be left alone.

Life is tough. People with responsibilities as precious as two daughters can't afford the luxury of waiting for a career position during the most severe economic recession since the 1930s when the alternative to a short-term fix and cash in the pocket is homelessness.

I honestly don't understand this thread at all, except as Trannity's own widdle attempt to pin ten-plus years of disastrous economic policies on a president who's been in office less than 100 days.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If I am biased then you are biased. Nobody cited the National Enquirer so who knows what you attempting to point out. I am discussing the issues and stating my opinions.

No, silly... you're missing the analogy (as usual).
You stated that this "letter to the President" is a valid subject to talk about because it appeared in a journalistic newspaper. If that's the only grounds for posing an argument, then you'd consider a story from the National Enquirer on the same merits since that is ALSO a journalistic newspaper. Of course, nobody would really consider that to be a legit source of news. So, using the claim that it came from a newspaper is pretty weak. That's all I was saying.

You do not agree it is as simple as that. And we don't have to agree. What you don't have a right to do is tell me what to think or post. And you seem to be having a problem with that.

I'm not telling you what not to post. For some reason, you're trying to word and twist things as if I'm trying to put some kind of stipulation on your posts and NOWHERE have I ever declared that.

I'm beginning to think you have no commonsense.

So sayeth the forum troll who misinterpreted a paragraph and thought I was sourcing the National Enquirer. :rolleyes:

I have never blamed Obama for the problems of America.

Actions speak louder than words, sweetie.
Maybe some of your previous, troll-like literary works on LPSG will give you a reminder. These are actual threads that YOU started over the last year:

Obama Ducks Debates...follows with no leadership
Fake Unity at the Dem Convention & Rethinking the Nominee
Obama Smears Himself...Refers to his Muslim Faith
Is Obama Afraid of a Girl?
Obama's Seal Of Disapproval
Hill Democrats Miffed at Obama
ChicagoTribune Says Palin Beats Obama on Experience
AP Poll: McCain/Palin beat Obama on Experience
Obama Took Himself off Michigan's Ballot
Obama's Statement on Gay Marriage in 2006

Notice a pattern here? Even if you find all of this to be "relevant news", you tend to post more of it than most people. If that's not fueled by a belief that he's messing things up in America, then it's fueled by some kind of bitter resentment for the man. Trust me, you wouldn't be just doing it for the sport. You're not clever enough to pull it off.

This is about the people.

Bullshit... this is about someone trying to smear a president in any shape or fashion. And your next two lines clearly demonstrate that.

Obama ran for President and made promises to the people. They have a legitimate letter to the President asking for the help he promised.

So, you really want to turn this discussion into one where things have to be explained to you like a toddler? Fine.

First off, Trinity, how old are you? I ask you this because you have this infantile belief that every person maintains all of their promises. Can you find me a person, nevermind a president, that has managed to do that all their life? Let me give you a hint... THERE ISN'T ONE. And if you claim to know one, you're lying. Because it's impossible to be 100% perfect, in the know, prepared and ready for every situation. Apparently, you (along with many other illogical people) expect Obama to be perfect because somehow, despite all of the work he has done in the last 60 or so days, one family didn't get the help they needed in time and you're trying to make a big stink about it. Well, guess what? This shit happens EVERYDAY, regardless of who is in office. This has nothing to do with campaign promises, no matter how many different ways you try to twist it. This family didn't just go broke once Obama came into office. So really, WHY did you post this? The same reason why you posted the other 10+ topics of rhetorical fluff on this board... because you don't like Obama and you're just trying to make up any kind of excuse to try and undermine his performance, nevermind people who voted for him.

That's some of that common sense you claim I don't have, yet you never seem to use. Ever. :rolleyes:

This is silly, but I'll address it. I'm not a neocon or a Republican.

You don't have to tell us your affiliation in order for us to figure out where your loyalties lie. How naive do you think people are on this board?

This letter is an example of hard working Americans left out of Obama's economic stimulus plan because they don't qualify under the mortgage plan and the Father has not seen job creation or retraining able to him in his desperate time of need.

Absolute bullshit. You, as well as the author of the story is trying to twist this story into that. Again, hard working Americans have been given the shaft for DECADES. These financial struggles didn't start when Obama got into office. And while it's terrible to see any family suffer for any indefinite amount of time, to try and make this into some kind of statement about Obama's economic stimulus plan shows that your so-called outrage and concern is completely phony.

I think your tirades against me are much ado about nothing.

Well, we all know how you "think" around here so trust me when I say that I'm not sweating bullets over this. :rolleyes:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
No, silly... you're missing the analogy (as usual).

You made no reasonable analogy.

The letter from the family is valid because it is valid. At a townhall there was a young man who asked for a job and another older woman who told the President she was homeless living in her car and needed a home. They needed help now. It was valid because it was valid. If you don't get that, that's your problem.

I'm not telling you what not to post. For some reason, you're trying to word and twist things as if I'm trying to put some kind of stipulation on your posts and NOWHERE have I ever declared that.

You and others are most certainly attempting to dictate how and what people who disagree with can post. And nobody is twisting your words.

So sayeth the forum troll who misinterpreted a paragraph and thought I was sourcing the National Enquirer. :rolleyes:

You sound ridiculous...you brought up the National Enquirer. It was a stupid comment. Now you resort to name calling when you can't support your own posts. You misinterpreted that the letter from this family is valid on its own merits and continue to try to devalue it. :rolleyes:

Actions speak louder than words, sweetie.
Maybe some of your previous, troll-like literary works on LPSG will give you a reminder. These are actual threads that YOU started over the last year:
There you go again trying to dictate what someone can post. You don't get to call me a troll because I posted my political opinion. Just like you and everybody else.

Obama Ducks Debates...follows with no leadership
Fake Unity at the Dem Convention & Rethinking the Nominee
Obama Smears Himself...Refers to his Muslim Faith
Is Obama Afraid of a Girl?
Obama's Seal Of Disapproval
Hill Democrats Miffed at Obama
ChicagoTribune Says Palin Beats Obama on Experience
AP Poll: McCain/Palin beat Obama on Experience
Obama Took Himself off Michigan's Ballot
Obama's Statement on Gay Marriage in 2006

Now I know you have no commonsense. You quoted me saying "I have never blamed Obama for the problems of America" then you pull these threads. NONE of this these threads or posts blame Obama for America's problems as you accused me of doing. They are threads from the 2008 Presidential Election and each are regarding his candidacy. I told you this before, but it bears repeating: You may not agree with me or share my views but you don't get to dictate what and how people post their political opinions. And you certainly don't get to start making things up and making wild accusations like I'm blaming Obama for America's problems.

The rest of that isn't not worth even responding to. You sound ridiculous on so many counts in your defense of Obama - talking about "smearing" him when a family is talking about their need of help just like other Americans have implored Obama -only the Family actually points out that the Stimulus is leaving out homeowners and that job creation now is imperative to help struggling families from becoming homeless; Your "Shit Happens" diatribe which you have the nerve to call me infantile for failing to understand, and your colorful language which appears to have a favorite - "bullshit."

You and I do not agree on Obama. For the most part, you and I do not agree on the Obama Administration's policies thus far. We don't have to. If you don't like this family's letter to the President, you don't have to. You don't get to dictate it's validity. You post your political opinions and I will post mine.

Oh...and the "Shit Happens" Diatribe might be another beauty to suggest to Obama in a Townhall.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You made no reasonable analogy.

Correction, sweetie... you missed it. Even after I broke things down and explained it to you. Enlighten and try to comprehend what your adversary is trying to say, instead of trying to dismiss everything that isn't typed by your own claws. Open your eyes next time, OK?

The letter from the family is valid because it is valid.

In other words, it is because it is? Like there's a Book of Trinity in the new testament? Nice argument style, Mary, assuming the "So sayeth the shepherd, so sayeth the flock" defense! :rolleyes: :rofl:

At a townhall there was a young man who asked for a job and another older woman who told the President she was homeless living in her car and needed a home. They needed help now. It was valid because it was valid. If you don't get that, that's your problem.

Oh I get it... I just think your reasoning is beyond laughable.

You and others are most certainly attempting to dictate how and what people who disagree with can post. And nobody is twisting your words.

You're the one saying something is true because in your view, IT IS. Doesn't leave much room for questioning now does it, McFly? :rolleyes:

You sound ridiculous...you brought up the National Enquirer. It was a stupid comment.

It was stupid to you because you failed to understand it. That's not my problem.

Now you resort to name calling when you can't support your own posts. You misinterpreted that the letter from this family is valid on its own merits and continue to try to devalue it.

Oh Harriet, I did not discredit the letter. I'm just not as phased by it as you are. Too many obvious, LOGICAL questions arose when I read the story. Like for instance, let's look at the adult(s) of this piece who decided to use their children as a cheap, political ploy to pluck the emotional strings of the easily swayed. What was their financial plan? How come they are in this predicament? Was it due to decades of bad planning, some really horrible bad luck? Were they on the road to ruin before this, or did it just start to happen as soon as Obama got into the White House? Is it a long, factored list of problems stretching over years of mistakes (intentional or not), or was it just because Obama didn't get them that so-called "change" he promised in less than 1/8th of his term in office?

It now may be Obama's responsibility to make sure people don't fall through the cracks, however, it IS ultimately the responsibility of every adult to take care of their own problems. It's ridiculous to look at an argument from one side of the coin, and not even address the other side. That's your problem, Trinster... you're one-sided.

You don't get to call me a troll because I posted my political opinion. Just like you and everybody else.

This is a free world, sweetie, so I can call you whatever I wish. Be thankful I'm just calling you that. Don't make me get creative. :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

You quoted me saying "I have never blamed Obama for the problems of America" then you pull these threads. NONE of this these threads or posts blame Obama for America's problems as you accused me of doing.

Denial is the first part of the 12 step recovery program to forum acceptance. Ready to take the other eleven? So sorry if I can read between the lines, Mary. :rolleyes:

They are threads from the 2008 Presidential Election and each are regarding his candidacy. I told you this before, but it bears repeating: You may not agree with me or share my views but you don't get to dictate what and how people post their political opinions.

I'm not telling you what to say. I'm more than happy to let you say what you wish because even a comedic writer for "The Office" and "30 Rock" can't be this funny. :rolleyes:

And you certainly don't get to start making things up and making wild accusations like I'm blaming Obama for America's problems.

It's an accusation that not only I believe, but MANY OTHERS as well. If that's not the case, then you may consider changing your tune. Or, you can go find another "Dear Mr. President" letter, start a thread and cry those fake tears of injustice. Your call.

The rest of that isn't not worth even responding to.

But you're going to anyway, aren't you Blanche? :rolleyes:

You sound ridiculous on so many counts in your defense of Obama - talking about "smearing" him when a family is talking about their need of help just like other Americans have implored Obama

And seriously tro... I mean, Trinster. How many families are writing letters to Obama asking him for help? Do you have a running total? Are you bombarding White House mail and coming up with your own analysis? Or are you just taking a belligerent stance on this issue, refusing any other form of logical reasoning just to act as if you're above everyone else on the matter? Somehow I don't think you've ever had to grow up poor, because if you did then you would really be able to understand things like this happen EVERYDAY in this country. Families mailed letters to Bush when they lost work and their homes. Same for Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford and every other modern day president before that. It's like watching beggars on the streets of Manhattan. You want to feel their pain and struggle, but after seeing so many of them you tend to get numb to that feeling. It's something nobody can really relate to unless they've been in the same shoes. And going by your tone, I can tell you've NEVER worn a pair.

-only the Family actually points out that the Stimulus is leaving out homeowners and that job creation now is imperative to help struggling families from becoming homeless;

No, actually may other people besides this family have said that already. I'm sure you could have read that in that "journalistic newspaper" you sourced. Or were you too busy reading Garfield? :rolleyes:

Your "Shit Happens" diatribe which you have the nerve to call me infantile for failing to understand, and your colorful language which appears to have a favorite - "bullshit."

Actually, if you even tried to comprehend anything that I said, you'd see that I'm saying a LOT more than just "shit happens". Then again, you haven't even tried to understand what I'm saying so to go into detail here would be a lost cause.

You and I do not agree on Obama.

No shit. :rolleyes:

For the most part, you and I do not agree on the Obama Administration's policies thus far.

Wow... 2 for 2! Want to go for the Daily Double?

We don't have to. If you don't like this family's letter to the President, you don't have to. You don't get to dictate it's validity.

In a democracy, I have every right to express my opinion about the validity of a story. It's called Freedom Of Speech you hack. I know, maybe not in the Book of Trinity you can. However, you're not the one running things now are we?

You post your political opinions and I will post mine.

And in the process, we'll keep laughing at you with every ridiculous story of emotional rhetoric you spew. It's our right. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's too bad I didn't have the gumption to write a similar letter in 1969 to then President Nixon whining that I was homeless, living in the back alleys off of Selma and Vine in Hollywood sucking cock and selling my ass to make a living because I'd been kicked out my family's home for being gay and couldn't find a job. I'm sure the Big Tent of the GOP would have rushed to my rescue to help me get on my feet. [ Y A W N ]

PS: Go get 'em, Vinylboy. Love your patience deconstructing Trinity's posts.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
*sigh*

I was all ready to add Trin to my list of heros, and then she didn't answer my very simple question. All I got was the typical non-answer of someone who simply stirs the pot for pot stirring's sake.

Trin, this is a real issue for the family involved. Daddy needs a job - pronto. Expecting the newly seated president to fix Daddy's very specific circumstances in 70 days is beyond irrational, unless you want the president to create one job, just for Daddy.

Since you CLAIM to be so concerned for the children, please do tell me what's the one job President Obama should create to fix Daddy's problems. If you are unable to do that, then you're just posing. When people are really concerned they come up with solutions - real solutions, not reiterations of plans already in progress that don't address the specificity of the issue at hand in any way shape or form.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
PS: Go get 'em, Vinylboy. Love your patience deconstructing Trinity's posts.

He desconstructed nothing...he continues to make silly remarks in defense of his original silly comments. So much so, there is no need to respond...the silliness speaks for itself. :biggrin1:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Trinity:

Certain patterns emerge from your posts. Those who criticize you are labeled with the same brushstroke it seems:

to vince: "ridiculous", "unfounded" (twice)

to willtom: "blah blah blah", "laughable"

to nick8: "I've never taken you seriously", "ridiculous"

to Bbucko: "egg on your face"

to VinylBoy: "no common sense", "silly", "unfounded", "you sound ridiculous", "laughable"

(p.s. - these are from the past couple pages alone. I wonder what's in the rest of your oeuvre? There is such a thing as an online thesaurus to help expand your vocabulary. How many times can you say "laughable"?)