Dear Mr. President

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is no one in the entire LPSG community that even remotely approaches pym; regardless of political affiliation.

So, are we denying the existence of 24065? :rolleyes: :biggrin1:
pym did get a little extreme at times, but only when provoked. I can't think of a pleasant exchange I ever had with 24065. Ever.

Hell, even you and I can be civil to each other on rare occasions. That's saying something!

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Go to Control Panel and hit Edit Ignore list. Even if that's the only thing you accomplish today, you'll have had a productive and satisfying one.

Oh, THANK YOU!!! I feel better already!

There is no one in the entire LPSG community that even remotely approaches pym; regardless of political affiliation.

Maybe I imagined it, or had him confused with someone else, but i thought Pym came up with an original idea once. Again, may have been my imagination. I might have him confused with someone else (and my apologies to whoever that is!).

So... anyone wanna exchange some recipes? It's about the only thing this thread is good for anymore.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, are we denying the existence of 24065? :rolleyes: :biggrin1:
pym did get a little extreme at times, but only when provoked. I can't think of a pleasant exchange I ever had with 24065. Ever.

Hell, even you and I can be civil to each other on rare occasions. That's saying something!

Yes, he can be a little abrasive. Although, I don't think he was reporting people to the FBI and White House as PYM does.:rolleyes:

BTW, pym provokes himself.:smile:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Here's an article from the Washington Post that begins to explain the stimulus money delays:

Stimulus aid being doled out, slowly - Washington Post- msnbc.com

"The package included $201 billion in tax cuts, $87 billion in Medicaid funding, $79 billion in education funding, $28 billion for highways, $21 billion for food stamps, $17 billion to computerize health records, $11 billion to modernize the electric grid, $17 billion for rail and public transit, and $20 billion to increase the energy efficiency of homes and public buildings."

A lot of hoops to jump through

"With more than 100 funding streams contained in the package, many officials find themselves having to file applications for several programs at a time, helping explain why much of the money is still months away from being spent. Take, for instance, what Oregon's Housing and Community Services Department needs to do to secure its $82 million. It has already applied for $38 million to weatherize low-income residents' homes, and just received the first 10 percent of that, but still needs approval from the state legislature to spend it. It is awaiting guidelines for applying for $27 million in tax credits for affordable housing development. It just received the guidelines for applying for $8 million to help prevent homelessness, and expects that it will not spend that money before July."

--------------------

Obama did his job in getting a $787 billion stimulus bill written and passed in the first place.

Trinity - who, in actuality, probably cares very little for 13 & 10-year-old Lillian and Daleen Deck, who merely wants to exploit the kiddies as a way to whack down Obama - is very eager to blame Obama for problems arising at the state level.

Some money is meant to be immediate, some money meant to be rolled out at the end of the year, beginning of 2010. There are "hoops" that need to be jumped through as the article indicates. California or New York or Alaska or Pennslvania may be allotted "X" billion dollars in stimulus to spend in different categories (energy, education, highways, etc), but all of this cash has to be individually worked out at each of the state legislature levels.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks, HG!

That vast whoosh heard across the North American continent is everyone exhaling in relief at no longer feeling obliged to address the "concerns" of Trannity and her ridiculously disingenuous posts. It's like having a boil lanced.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks, HG. I've never put anyone on Ignore as long as I've been at lpsg. But since Ms. T's posts are truly such a complete waste of time and so completely pointless and annoying I cannot think of any more fitting way of dealing with 'her'; I strongly suggest that anyone who hasn't already done so do the same.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Trinity writes: ...though Obama's campaign promised help for main street, they haven't seen any though they have seen Billions go into wall street...

Trinity writes: This letter by the two girls who are pleading for help so that they won't be homeless is a demonstration about how people are hurting. This is about people who need help so they can find a job...

Trinity writes: Obama promised help for main street and that is what the girls are asking Obama to deliver on. The girls and their father represent millions of hard working tax payers that need assistance to get through this tough economic time...

Trinity writes: The girls made a poignant statement in their letter: "Mr. President, may God bless you and the United States and help you do the right thing for this country." --- This economy is Obama's and all of the problems that go with it. We need to make the right decisons. And that is what this thread is about.

Trinity writes: I think the Congress and the Obama Administration need to know this story so that they can make the best decisions for America. It's one reason CNN is doing I-reporting and Anderson Cooper went on the road to MainStreet...to hear from the people.

--------------------

Regarding economic recessions (and depressions).

We have a mostly capitalistic system, for better or for worse.

In our economic history, the stock market (Wall Street) recovers first - 6, 9, 12 months before Main Street. It's necessary for the financial institutions to recover (banks, AIG, the mega-corporations) in order for the average Joe or the average business owner to recover.

That's the truth. If you want "capitalism" with these huge "to big to fail" corporations (which is always the end result of capitalism... select financial institutions "succeeding" to the point where their demise will cause collapse and ruin to the international world economy -- to the point where they can never be allowed to fail), then these huge corporations must recover first, and small businesses and average Joes down the road. That's the system we've constructed.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Trinity writes: ...though Obama's campaign promised help for main street, they haven't seen any though they have seen Billions go into wall street...

Trinity writes: This letter by the two girls who are pleading for help so that they won't be homeless is a demonstration about how people are hurting. This is about people who need help so they can find a job...

Trinity writes: Obama promised help for main street and that is what the girls are asking Obama to deliver on. The girls and their father represent millions of hard working tax payers that need assistance to get through this tough economic time...

Trinity writes: The girls made a poignant statement in their letter: "Mr. President, may God bless you and the United States and help you do the right thing for this country." --- This economy is Obama's and all of the problems that go with it. We need to make the right decisons. And that is what this thread is about.

Trinity writes: I think the Congress and the Obama Administration need to know this story so that they can make the best decisions for America. It's one reason CNN is doing I-reporting and Anderson Cooper went on the road to MainStreet...to hear from the people.

--------------------

Regarding economic recessions (and depressions).

We have a mostly capitalistic system, for better or for worse.

In our economic history, the stock market (Wall Street) recovers first - 6, 9, 12 months before Main Street. It's necessary for the financial institutions to recover (banks, AIG, the mega-corporations) in order for the average Joe or the average business owner to recover.

That's the truth. If you want "capitalism" with these huge "to big to fail" corporations (which is always the end result of capitalism... select financial institutions "succeeding" to the point where their demise will cause collapse and ruin to the international world economy -- to the point where they can never be allowed to fail), then these huge corporations must recover first, and small businesses and average Joes down the road. That's the system we've constructed.

You claim that based on our system, what the Obama Administration is doing will work like trickle down economics...first the banks, then business, small business then average joe? :rolleyes:

We are outside of our system with the Obama/Geithner power grab and the economic plans presented by the Administration.

Here is an article by a noble prize winning economist:

Obama’s Ersatz Capitalism

By JOSEPH E. STIGLITZ - op-ed contributor, New York Times
Published: March 31, 2009

There are two issues at hand on the jobs front: The handling of the emergency situation and economic growth. Obama's stimulus leaves much to be desired in many ways. Specifically for this thread:

Does Obama's stimulus package meet the needs of those who need urgent help on the jobs front? No. The stimulus going through the states is not meeting the need and could potentially waste billions of tax payer dollars in waste, fraud and mismanagement.

Obama's Stimulus and Economic Growth? - Here is one opinion on that...
The Coming Obama Jobs Disaster - By Evan Newmark, Mean Street Blog Wall Street Journal.com April 3, 2009